Tumblr Alternatives: Build Your Own Edition!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lizardlicks, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Cross posting this to the general forum. I've gone mad and started throwing around ideas for making a tumblr alternative from scratch instead of waiting for someone else to do it right. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ee_ES7vHdoI6o6To1BdtDC2pau3l-tdFDiIHHt6dyMM/edit

Feel free to add your two cents to the doc. Right now the biggest hurdle is budget/revenue , so if you have any experience with website revenue or just business in general, be my guest and toss out suggestions.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    • Like x 2
  2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I'm starting to think about this again. I still haven't had the time to actually learn any coding or anything, but its easier to focus etc. now than it was before. I would say the biggest hurdle right now would be staffing though, with funding coming second. Thats just my opinion though.

• Agree x 1
  3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Yeah, that seems to be the things. I think I'm starting to realize what I want out of a website is a combination LJ tumblr and A03. Something designed for fandom as a safe archive but for things other than fic, with the sharing/networking abilities of tumblr.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice