1-2-3-4 (The Wicked + The Divine Fanthread)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KarrinBlue, Jun 30, 2016.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

2. KarrinBlue

• Like x 2
  3. albedo

albedo metasperg

4. KarrinBlue

ASofterWicDiv.png
    Well here we go.

• Like x 4
  5. albedo

albedo metasperg

• Like x 1
  6. Petra

Petra space case

7. Petra

Petra space case

Also I'm having fun with people linking their own ideas, but no promises I'll make them! It needs to both click for me and I need to be able to find the images to string together in an aesthetically pleasing way.

8. KarrinBlue

Also I came up with potential Everyone Lives No Powers AU stuff. With everyone's ages muddled around because I don't know how long some of this stuff takes to learn.
    • Laura: Fangirl, obviously. Probably got a not very useful liberal arts degree, though I don't really know what she does as a job yet.
    • Morrigan: Laura's roommate. Works at a morgue. Their apartment is tiny but it's made tinier by her collection of gaming paraphernalia. Not helping things is that there's probably only one night a month where the apartment does not also have one of:
    • Luci: Laura's terrible influence in human form. Studying to be a lawyer. Smokes in the tiny, barely-ventilated apartment until Morrigan yells at her. Pretends to be above geekery, which works until someone spots her massive glowing weak spot for Bowie and the Beatles.
    • Baphomet: Morrigan's boyfriend. Capable of being a good person, but finds trolling way more fun. He and Morrigan can talk almost entirely in reference jokes and annoy anyone else in the room. Never cleans up after himself.
    • Dio: Genuine cinnamon roll. Works as a DJ I guess? Has terrible insomnia so the only times he sleeps may actually be the few nights he crashes at Laura and Morrigan's. Tidies up after himself and is the only person other than Morrigan to know first aid. This is necessary more often than is comforting to think about. Actually cousins with Laura, but met Morrigan at some event, and was surprised when they turned out to room together.
    • And others:
    • Baal: I have no idea how old this guy is. He's probably working at some high-powered business I guess? I haven't thought about that much. I do know that he secretly has a small but devoted fan base as B. A. Adaad, writer of historical fiction. No one must know.
    • Cassandra: Probably going to know that. A journalist down to her core, obviously. Does she ever sleep? No. She has subsisted entirely on caffeine and rage for 100 years.
    • Sakhmet: Does she even have a job? Something of a mystery figure. Cassandra once discovered that her real name was Ruth but this was disbelieved by everyone because she looks nothing like a Ruth. Only two things people are sure about: She is at every good party, and she has probably killed a man. If she has a real job then she probably wrestles wild animals for animal control.
    • Woden: Runs an infuriatingly successful tech startup. Actually related to Cassandra somehow, which is another log on the endless fire of her rage. Cassandra has been searching for publishable dirt on him for ages. One day, Woden. One day.
    • Tara: Fashion designer, but the kind of fashion you see in some tumblr posts that is clearly not intended to be worn by any human outside of a runway. Has probably written some very insightful pieces on sexism, but who knows if they ever get read. But she seems happy enough.
    • Ammy: Off being 17? IDK. Video games nerd who is diligently teaching herself Japanese and is painfully earnest about everything. Gets along weirdly well with Luci.
    • Minerva: 12 year old prodigy who made some app that got wildly popular, and her parents are milking that for all it's worth. Also related to Dio and Laura, though more distantly. Since Dio is a wonderful and good person he will sometimes take her for ice cream or whatever just to give her some space away from her parents. Somehow Baal also does this though I don't really know how they met.
    • I don't really know what Inanna does. I do know that he's secretly related to Baph, though it's so secret that not even Inanna knows.
    • Ananke: Matriarch of the family tree of Laura, Dio, and Minerva. Nosy and pretty good at pretending to be nice old granny, but actually pretty manipulative.

I know there's issues but there you go.

• Like x 4
  9. Petra

Petra space case

• Like x 4
  10. Petra

Petra space case

• Like x 4
  11. albedo

albedo metasperg

@Petra Holy shit, that's awesome.

• Like x 1
  12. Petra

Petra space case

This one was harder than I thought it would be.

[​IMG]
    just go

• Like x 2
  13. Petra

Petra space case

• Like x 2
  14. KarrinBlue

Hey, taking this page into account, aroace dio y/n?

15. Petra

Petra space case

So today I learned that Sia is anti-fame, hates showing her face, has written an anti-fame manifesto, and was writing songs for celebrities for 17 years before breaking through into the hyper-fame she has now (and doesn't particularly want beyond sharing her music). It kinda made me think of Tara? Like, people say Tara is a send-up of Lady Gaga, but I'd argue she draws more on Sia, but everyone thinks she's another Gaga.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    • Like x 2
  16. KarrinBlue

I think Tara was also based on Taylor Swift - the height, the hatedom, that kinda thing. Also superheroes/sci-fi in her costuming? But yeah.

• Like x 1
  17. Petra

Petra space case

I think a lot of people think slinging hate at celebrities can't hurt them because the celebrity will never see it and it'll be balanced out by a ton of praise, but that's not exactly true, and it's interesting to explore that. Tara's chapter wrecked me. I still can't stop thinking about it, as someone who struggles with suicidal ideation.

• Like x 2
  18. KarrinBlue

New chapter today! Time to wait for it to appear on comicssites...

I really do hope Ananke has like. A good reason for everything. If she's just been doing this to sustain her own life/gain ULTIMATE POWER, sure, fine, whatever. But if she GENUINELY thinks that this is a dark but necessary task to keep humanity alive, that she has done this for so long she has no option to stop, that she's sacrificed EVERYTHING and will sacrifice more just to fulfill her mission, because it's the greater good, and it's pointless trying to explain to the selfish mayfly beings, and she's doing it all for them anyways... It'd be interesting.

• Like x 2
  19. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, agreed.

20. albedo

albedo metasperg

Hooooooly shit. o__o

SUDDENLY FEELING WAY MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE GOOD GUYS' VICTORY.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice