Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by MagicalBoy, Dec 1, 2015.

1. [deleted]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I would definitely ask for the refillable prescription. you can also ask your pharmacist to fax/call your previous doc to refill the prescription, if you can't see them. if that dr has been with you for this year of meds, it doesn't make sense to me that she would hang you out to dry in the interim. my doc wrote me a prescription for 6mos of my SSRIs no problem, and i'm not switching drs any time soon. i can't see that being a problem. if she can't write that big of a prescription (like if the med is restricted or something), then she can maybe work something out with the pharmacy where it gets refilled every month or whatever.

alternatively, clinics do communicate. you could ask your new clinic to file a records transfer request, or whatever they call it, so they can get your previous records.

• Like x 1
  3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

seconding @Kaylotta. my doctor regularly writes me prescriptions for 4 months at a time and there's no fuss at all with the pharmacy.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice