A New Redwall, with civil war and hookers!

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jun 8, 2016.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Seth has posted, and entirely ignored scallion shenanigans. He's Very Determined. The Determinedest.

Hmm, I feel like whitemaw is a bit obvious. He's not actually rabid, I don't think - unless we want to say he spread it to the rest of the mountain and there's rabid rabbits hares all through it and this quickly turns into a zombie horror movie - just permanently stuck in berserker rage mode. Bloodstripe the Mad?

2. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Ooh yes, Bloodstripe is good.

3. Aviari

Star is slowly starting to realize what she's getting into.

Also if Seth continues to be dumb she will sit on him until he stops. If he doesn't stop, she'll get mean and poke him somewhere painful until he listens to reason.

4. PotteryWalrus

Posted! Hunger won out. Also bonus tasty calcium chew for neglected rodent teeth.

He may still try and sneak off in the night, mind.

5. PotteryWalrus

/angsty backstory UNLOCKED

6. Aviari

OOF. Good touch with the babies, damn. That hurt.

I thought of something hilariously cheesy-symbolic for their joining up. Running errands, should have it up soon.

• Like x 1
  7. PotteryWalrus

[​IMG]
    grumpsquirrel.jpeg

• Like x 1
  8. PotteryWalrus

@Aviari, I know you likely get carried away with dramatic moments and that last post was beautifully written, but if it's alright, I wouldn't mind actually writing my own character's words, if that's okay with you. (You don't need to rewrite, just - please - next time parse down to shorter pieces and keep to what Star's doing rather than what Seth is reacting to?)

Sorry, I just - you're being a little godmode-y tbh and it's making me uncomfortable ^^;;;

EDIT: Also my brain has stalled on what I'm supposed to write next now that scene has already been fully written, so the next post might take a while.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  9. Aviari

I understand completely! I apologize for the godmode, I try not to do that, feel free to tell me anything you want edited/changed/whatever.

I'm used to doing this in a Google doc or something where the other person can zip in and edit a post themselves like "actually this is what they'd say". If I do that PLEASE take it only as a suggestion and feel free to tell me to shove it. I have absolutely no problem changing it to however you want.

Like. Bluh. Call it more a scene suggestion and we can shove the bits around. I can't words. But yeah, not meaning to godmode, more setting a stage?

10. PotteryWalrus

Yeah, that works! How about next time you tell me how you plan the scene to go here OOC, and then we can hammer it out properly? (Also I would be completely down to moving this to a googledoc if it makes you more comfortable, except I'm still holding out for more players and I'm pretty sure we have a peanut gallery somewhere around here XD)

EDIT: Hang on, I'mma PM you with my skype so we can jam in realtime, if that would make things easier.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I figured out a scene, is now a good time to join or shall I wait till you're done?

12. Aviari

HA we were just about to PM YOU with a scene to help bring you in. We've been poking around in Skype, PM me your name and we'll figure out where we wanna go.

(Basically Star & Seth are trying to get out of Long Patrol turf and have a run-in and now Seth's coughing blood and Star got stabbed and we could really use a real medic)

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ha, well, Arry made sure Kally lived through four amputations and has performed surgery on herself, she can probably handle your guys :) It's late at night over here right now, I'll message in the morning.

• Like x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

15. Aviari

She caught a MOUSE I love cats, they're unstoppable.

• Like x 1
  16. PotteryWalrus

Also guys I thought I should share a height headcanon I have with you -

The differences aren't as extreme with these critters as they would be in real life, but there are still racial variations - note that I'm talking as if they're all about furry/humanoid height, but they don't have to be, I'm just using it for scale.

Mice, shrews, bankvoles and weasels* start off the low end of the scale at about three and a half to five feet tall, and look rather hobbitish compared to say, an otter. Stoats and rats tend to be a little shorter than squirrels and all cap out at around five foot seven (Seth is about 5'4 for the record, so about dead on average for his species). Otters and hares are usually a little taller than ferrets and pine martens, but are all usually around six foot or thereabouts, and wolverines, badgers, and cats can go from there as a starter to as much as eight feet.

*The weasel in the Redwall books unless otherwise mentioned is nearly always the least weasel, who all are pretty smol but fierce.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  17. Aviari

Pt 1: Height
    Sea otters tend to be freakin' ginormous. Even females (up to 70lb) can be 2x the size of the largest badger (up to 35lb) and males have clocked in at 120lb.

For the sake of scaling we'll have Star be a small sea otter, which would still put her at ~30lb. It would be pretty funny for everybeast to be marvelling at her height/size and her be like "Dude, you should see my dad/brother/etc". Also, should I switch her dialect to California Surfer or would that break the tone/etc? She'd easily have picked up searat/local lingo anyway. Maybe when she's drunk the "dude"'s and "brah"'s come out.

If we're putting badgers and wildcats at like, Shaq size, I'd guess Star would be right about there, maybe a touch smaller if we want Bloodstripe to be the biggest bully on the playground.

Edit: Pt 2: FIGHT
    Want I should have a little on-screen fighting or just cut to the "oh shit run" portion of the morning? I liked the hares thinking The Boss was deluded and "pfft right, a black squirrel on a stormy night, sure" and them recognizing him would be fun/helpful to planning the raid.

Star hasn't exactly had a bad run in with the LP but it was strongly suggested she take herself elsewhere.

EditEdit: Also, "home" is an island in the Catalinas, fwiw

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  18. Aviari

Alright, @ChelG, you're up. They'll be conked out in assorted flavors of consciousness in or around a big oak tree in the swamp.

Star's wound is non-lethal, through-and-through and will probably need stitches. She's lost a lot of blood and it will absolutely need thorough cleaning.

Seth's injuries are mostly old, but his ribs gave way and now there's blood in his lungs. Punctured but not collapsed, at a guess.

19. PotteryWalrus

@Aviari, DUDE, YOU DID IT AGAIN. Plz to rewrite with none of Seth's actions in - be more vague in what he's doing in the fight and I'll fill in the blanks. I'll edit my last post to include the neck-stabbing, but for hell's sake please to keep to you own character, yo. She can scoop him up and skidaddle when needed, but seriously.

Or we can just move over to gdocs and draft @ChelG in there as well?

20. Aviari

Dammit, I thought that was vague :( Yeah I'll just pull it over into Skype in a sec

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice