A New Redwall, with civil war and hookers!

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jun 8, 2016.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

POST!

• Like x 1
  2. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Also post!
    Seth you're getting a family whether you like it or not, nyeh nyeh

• Like x 1
  3. PotteryWalrus

Post - suspicious weasel is suspicious XD

• Like x 1
  4. PotteryWalrus

5. Aviari

6. PotteryWalrus

Hah, she's a right old bitch, but she ain't too proud to thank people <3

• Like x 1
  7. Aviari

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, still tracking the doc.

9. PotteryWalrus

Urgh, I'm trash, I'm sorry. I'm still interested in this, it's just posting is hard rn now and idk why D:

10. Aviari

Got to the Flitcheye in Mariel and I feel like they'll be a lot of fun. @PotteryWalrus Does worldbuilding help you deal with writer's block? I'd like to poke at Flitcheye society even if we can't write our way to them yet. (Also this way you aren't stuck writing ALL the NPCs :P)

We don't know much about them besides "skinny camouflaged weasels with soporifics" and we'll be negotiating a treaty. I vote shamanistic matriarchy!

11. PotteryWalrus

Yup, that's exactly how I pictured them! Also, biologically, they're a subspecies of Least Weasel - I would say that they're more like the pygmaea–rixosa/extra small subtype than Raksha's subtype which is much more typical to the UK/middling sized group. Which means that they would be tiny compared to Southstar - about mouse-height, but built skinny rather than stout. Raksha and her sister are already on the small side, and being cousin subspecies, they can breed and produce grandkids with these guys.

(Also there's a chance that they would turn white in winter like stoats do, but with their skills in camo you'd never know XD)

With their soporific smoke, I can imagine that their culture puts a great deal of weight on alchemy and brains over brawn - you have to be super careful with the different herbs and minerals they mix to make their smoke, or else at best you'll pass out yourself and at worst never wake up again. Artists/skin painters would be prized, and more or less medieval chemistry is left to the most experienced or talented of a war party.

(Raksha rarely leaves Cantrip her kid with them, because since their territory is so close to the abbey, she's worried about their mortality rates. That pup's more of a melee fighter like her old ma, anyway - she's got no patience for the stealth-and-smoke style of her in-laws XD)

(Thankyou for poking me, as well. Still have kind of a block about posting, but this helps <3)

• Like x 1
  12. Aviari

Oooooo yes I love the brains over brawn thing, especially since they talk with a stereotype garbled villain accent with bad spelling. I wonder if they all have immunity to the soporifics due to exposure or if they all wander around chewing stimulants to counteract it?

What if they could contribute way more chemical warfare than just soporifics? That's what they use locally but pfffffft look here, squirrel, you can't smoke out a whole volcanic mountain. We don't know if the smoke would go in the right tunnels even if we could get enough materials (lol no). This is what you need: *pulls out a catalogue of poisons* and some genius Flitcheye rolls up with a super basic black-powder grenade. Or acid bombs. Or Molotov cocktails.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    • Like x 1
  13. Aviari

Also, Please Consider:

Southstar as the jungle gym for the Tiniest Weasel Babies Ever. Southstar being Gulliver'd by tiny conquering weasel babies. South"Seth help they all fell asleep I can't move or feel my tail"star.

• Like x 1
  14. Aviari

I like the idea of remarkably advanced Flitcheye because like "With all of this why haven't you taken over the Abbey?!"

"Why would we?"

Because literally every time the Flitcheye "attack" it's because some idiot with a sword as blundered into their turf.

15. PotteryWalrus

Hah, yeah, exactly! Also add 'oh yeah we're obligate carnivores and don't particularly care whether you can talk or not WHY ARE YOU STEALING OUR FOOD' to flitcheye attack reasons. They probably practice ritual cannibalism as funerary practices, as well? Like, eat grandma's brains and heart so that she'll live on within you. "When you die in battle, can I eat your heart?" is probably a compliment to these guys XDD

Flitcheye culture likes to be stealthy and small and hiding. You can't exactly do that in a village-sized red sandstone building that, historically, everyone and their mother wants to attack. Raksha's brother-in-law in particular also was told growing up that the place was super cursed, as well? (The spirit of Martin is probably passed on as a hideously powerful demon to these guys - I think he ran into them personally in Legend of Luke, to boot.)

(I should add my personal headcanon that the apparitions of Martin that appear to characters throughout the series is not actually his conscious residual self - he strikes me as the kind to want a goddamn rest after everything - but the spirit of the Abbey itself, using the image on the tapestry and the sword's memory as an avatar.)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    • Like x 2
  16. Aviari

They seemed to flip-flop from subterranean to arboreal and back in different books, I'm thinking "both is good" unless we want to keep them underground for RL accuracy. Ridiculous underground city y/n/hy/hfy if only for hilarity of "how the fuck do we get an otter down here"

WRT food (because 1) every treaty needs a victory feast and 2) it's Redwallverse, of course they have a feast) maybe Star can fish something up so Seth won't be squicked by "mystery meat" and subterranean means mushrooms at least. (I'm sure they'd be polite enough not to serve squirrel buuuut....)

Also I have just realized: with the alchemy + smoke stuff, I bet the Flitcheye are aces at artisan smoked and preserved meats. "Holy shit, this jerky is incredible! Do not, under any circumstances, tell me what it is."

• Like x 1
  17. PotteryWalrus

I was just re-reading this thread and the gdoc in question and I really really miss this RP :/

Anyone still interested?

18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I might be able to spare some time.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice