Vent a screeching bird

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by An Actual Bird, Jan 20, 2017.

1. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

edit for clarification: This is both a vent thread and a 'please, I have no friends and I need advice/validation' thread. Discussion welcome, but I reserve the right to say 'hey this is stressing me out more than I can handle rn'. If there's drama, I might comment on it in here bc I don't wanna butt in directly but I gotta get my feels out somewhere. I'm that clip of Robbie Rotten saying 'Nobody likes children that argue!...except me'

---

I'm making a thread because sometimes I need to get my feelings out and as it turns out I don't have many friends, so I'm just kinda hoping if I put this here people will give me attention? even someone like me needs attention sometimes.

anyway so I know my skillset is basically useless but rn I'm at a game jam and I hadn't realised how totally useless I am. being a writer sucks. I hate talking to people and I just want to go home and sleep and I'm on the brink of crying and my binder hurts and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I'm a girl anyway so why did I even bother wearing it and and and

I'm stressed. Please talk to me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Jedi mindhugs, if you want them. Why do you think you're useless?

• Like x 1
  3. An Actual Bird

Thank you, hugs are good. Idk, I feel like I'm not contributing. I don't have a lot of confidence in my ideas, and writing isn't as concrete as drawing or programming or composing music. And I can't really start contributing because the programmers want to get a working prototype before we actually work on the game, which is the total opposite way to how I normally do it so I'm kinda floundering.

I'm also tired and overloaded so that's not really helping. And I'm far enough away from home that it would be a pain to go back, but I don't really want to be here...

• Like x 1
  4. Mercury

I'm kind of confused why the programmers think that it's a good idea to drape a story over a prototype rather than having a rough idea of the story to integrate into the prototype. I would think it'd save a lot of confusion and annoyance later to start off with some idea of how they'll work together.

• Like x 1
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

As someone who's a heck of a lot better at programming than storytelling, I am in awe of your skillset. Those programmers should have a little respect.

• Like x 1
  6. An Actual Bird

:') Thank you guys.

I've determined, after some observation, that it's one specific dude who has done like 100 jams and has One Program he uses, and he's frustrated that he kinda has to compromise. My usual dev process is very integrate-story-into-mechanics so it's a bit of culture shock.

Also theyre all strangers and I feel lonely. Being here and talking to you guys is helping somehow.

• Like x 2
  7. Mercury

I'm kinda eyerolling at that one specific dude. Fortunately for him, learning to compromise builds character. :P

• Like x 2
  8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

So it was Game Jams Georg, who lives in a cave & writes over 10,000 lines of code each day? I'm hoping he's an outlier adn can relax and let everyone have this experience.

• Like x 3
  9. An Actual Bird

@Verily im screaming. Yes thats him. I actually swapped laptops with him so he could use Unity. He's mildly sulky but u know what??? Whatever dude.

Also I corrected someone misgendering me :') I can't even see my comfort zone from here.

• Like x 3
  10. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

You can do the thing! I'm so proud of you for correcting someone even if it was scary!!!

Also can Programmer Georg pls get tf over himself honestly

• Like x 2
  11. An Actual Bird

His exact phrasing was 'im going to a jam, like, every week'

Anyway im heading in for the second shift so wish me luck B)

• Like x 3
  12. An Actual Bird

kicks things

I want someone to tell me it's okay to go home

I've done pretty much all the work I can, all I'm doing is sitting here reading shitty articles

• Like x 1
  13. An Actual Bird

• Like x 1
  14. An Actual Bird

also coding fucking sucks you guys aaaaah
    i have like ten variables all doing fuck-all and random lines of redundant code everywhere from when i was trying to fix one thing and then i broke another and aaaaaaaaah

• Like x 1
  15. An Actual Bird

posts in drama threads bc I can't help myself

but since the people involved are all avoiding the thread, someone had to say it. I think.

• Like x 1
  16. An Actual Bird

Don't comment on the drama thread. Don't. Stop it. Stop refreshing. Its almost 1am go to bed you doofus.

kintsugi is not a safe space and kintsugijin are not your therapists. this keeps fucking happening.

• Like x 12
  17. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

(Like for sympathy and same fucking hat. I hope you can get rest w/o this keeping you up)

• Like x 1
  18. An Actual Bird

Just...one more...refresh...

(thank you <3 I'll do my best)

• Like x 1
  19. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Go to bed!!!

• Like x 2
  20. Birdy

Birdy so long

go to sleep! when i don't sleep and i get into drama i get just continuously more annoyed until it's a bad time for everyone

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice