A.V Club

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by mizushimo, Aug 12, 2016.

1. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

For those lost souls who make music, videos, animations, record vocals/voiceacting. Basically anything that has a runtime. Talk about your triumphs and trials, help stay motivated while waiting for the video to compile or for the house to quiet down enough to record sound. Also feel free to ask questions if you're just curious about the creation process.

2. mizushimo

I love making videos, its my fav thing. Its like very slowly choreographing a dance

Show off time: so I made this thing almost nine months ago.

It took about two solid weeks to make. I don't know how to do fancy video editing things with my 8 year old program, so it doesnt look like a midern amv. I'm in the process of making something for mtmte.

I wish i could do an 'art' stream it, but i doubt my computer could handle photoshop, FCE, and a streaming program at the same time.

3. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i like making fanvideos! ive made 2, and have 3 cooking, though one of them has been untouched since last october D:

i just got ideas for another one this week, too. argh i really gotta muster up enough focus to finish the ones i've already started! sigh.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Like x 1
  4. mizushimo

@raybot videos are so time consuming but they are fun! Do you have links? I have a mv I've been picking at for a few months. But now the show is gone further and I need to record more footage. >>;. (i.e. PAIN IN THE BUTT)

Update: experimenting with filters. Still can't find a way to show multiple files in a small frame with another image behind them. Why don't FCP's masks work like they do in Photoshop? *SIGH*. I'm gonna have to use nested sequences, I hate nested sequences. You can't adjust their length without throwing the whole timeline off track.

• Like x 1
  5. electroTelegram

i do! can i pm links? my youtube is linked to my tumblr and i'd rather not have a direct connection from those to here. (also i haven't gone on my youtube in a while and i just found out my videos automatically play in 480p which is... horrifying, must fix immediately)

i reeeeeally need to figure out how to do filters/lighting/color editing, in one of the ones i've made the footage is painfully dark but i needed to publish before the season aired, so. though the ones i'm working on now are thankfully on hiatus for awhile, so i have some time. question: what are your feelings about TV channel logos and such? i cannot STAND them so i have to crop them out (and make things uncomfortably zoomed in) or try to find logoless versions, which is... probably why i haven't finished anything in months. recently acquired good quality logoless episodes, though, so hopefully i can actually finish stuff

• Like x 1
  6. mizushimo

Oh god, me too, I could never make an MV with logos. I was lucky to get torrents of SU that had none. I'm bad with connecting people's tumblrs to their kintsugi names, so go ahead!

I've got so many cons and things coming up and I've been procrastinating so bad that Idk if I'll have time to start on my big, complicated still image AMV for a couple months >>;.

7. mizushimo

I did finally finish my Transformers shipping AMV - warning though, it doesn't make any sense without having read the comic unfortunately. I tried to make it more accessable, but yeah no. It gets waaaay to far into specific events.

8. electroTelegram

sent the link! i'm slightly embarrassed by both of them but...! like, i'm proud of them because they were a lot of work but also all i can really think of now is the things i wish i had changed/fixed/etc. i also realize i have a thing where the beginning was a lot of work but it progressively falls apart the closer it get to the end oops

also i have actually made negative progress because im currently having lots of perfectionist issues and just scrapped one of the ones i was working on and started over. sigh. part of that was because there was an aspect ratio issue that i couldnt figure out how to fix without? completely restarting? but luckily i didn't have a whole bunch done, just like 30 seconds in the beginning

i don't know anything about transformers expect there are robots and also there was a movie about the dark side of the moon? but. that's cool!!

• Like x 1
  9. mizushimo

They were good! I can see the work that went into them. Your january video was..I think stronger narratively. Fans of the show will definitely get more of the story that you're telling in your mv. If you're worried about videos petering out at the end, It helps to save a really dramatic moment for the end or to remind everyone what your video was about (sort of like a closing statement). It's like how the last part of a song is usually a repeat of the chorus one last time.

I know what you mean though, I ran out of really solid ideas about 3/4ths of the way through my steven universe amv. That moment of 'ok, I've done all this stuff, now what???' The solution just ended up being 'run through all the fusions that I hadn't touched on yet in the second verse doing cool action things' before the BIG FINISH.

• Like x 1
  10. electroTelegram

thanks!! that is good advice. right now im trying to work out like, non nauseating quick transitions? that go exactly with the music. this here has been one of my my #goals AMV for years because of how the transitions fit with the song. also i know that that video has been reposted a bunch of times so idk if that's the original creator? but yeah i really wanna figure out that quick transition thing without making the video totally unwatchable

and omg yeah i agree one of mine that's just kinda been sitting on my computer is like... i did all the bits i imagined in my head but there is So Much Filler Space left to fill and im ?????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice