A Wicked Convergence of Circumstances Mk 2.0

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by OtherCat, Dec 19, 2018.

1. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Guess who else doesn't have my diagnosis? My PCP. This is slightly more explainable since I thought somehow it was already taken care of. Why or how, I don't know. I'm going to give them an ROI too.

• Witnessed x 2
  2. OtherCat

Waiting for feedback/comments after posting a chapter of a fic is always nerve wracking.

• Witnessed x 1
  3. OtherCat

I recently downloaded Grammarly and it has proven to be very useful so far. Useful, but also faintly annoying in that it is LURKING EVERYWHERE, waiting to pop up and tell me to fix whatever I wrote.

4. OtherCat

The SMI clinic still doesn't have my records and is lying to me about whether they're getting ready to transfer me? I have no clue. All I know is that I was told by one person that a packet for transferring me was made and another party said that no such packet had been created.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. OtherCat

In much, much better news I am doing some writing of original fic, and shilling for patrons for my Patreon.

• Like x 1
  6. OtherCat

I am up to chapter five of my original fic! I am slightly stalled because tis the season to renew ssi, hud, and my lease. Also, I had a lung infection and was out of it for about a week.

• Like x 2
  7. OtherCat

I finally managed to get some housecleaning done, by the way. I'd been having executive dysfunction about most of the housework that needed getting done. I did not do an especially great job, see executive dysfunction (and bad eyesight) but it got done. (Specifically the bathroom and the kitchen, including the floors.) I also cleared off the table.

Next on the list is mopping the dining area, dusting, sorting and shredding the paper, dusting, taking out the garbage. (Aaaaaand I forgot to buy garbage bags. Dammit.)

• Like x 2
  8. OtherCat

The intake appointment at the New Clinic went really well! I'm going to be able to get more services related to my autism diagnosis, and possibly also help with the speech problem. Next week and the first week of January I have a bunch of assessments and psych evals (so I can get new prescriptions.) I'm also going to be getting additional services for people with disabilities. (Of note: I was not able to get these services because Lifewell only does SMI and wouldn't help me with signing up with the disability organization. Because again, they refused to add the new diagnosis to my care plan because they claimed they never got the diagnosis. Or something.)

I really liked the guy who did the intake, and the questions went by fairly smoothly.

In regards to writing, I worked on Lord of the Black Mountain this week. I'm about a thousand words into chapter seven. Then I got distracted and started working on chapter eight. (This is a Thing. I don't always write in a linear fashion. Sometimes I skip around a bit.) I also worked on the backstory/worldbuilding notes.

Chapter seven is Teren (Caris' sister) introduction. Which opens with a very ominous dream--because I love dreamscapes, sue me. Spoiler: Teren doesn't know it yet, but she is very fucking haunted. Chapter eight is Caris first day of school. Caris is not nearly as haunted, and he's the one living in a house with a morgue in the basement. Also, his biggest concern (until he finds out about Teren's efforts at getting the flock out of dodge) is going to be Joris Adorable Gremlin Apprentices. I will probably snippet both chapters.

I am thinking of looking into a web novel sight called Royal Road.

I really want to revamp the tiers I have set up, but I'm not sure how to delete them. :/

I am having slight money problems because I haven't gotten my new checking card yet. (I do have a Prepaid Master Card if anyone wants to send anything to my ko-fi, so I can get some groceries. There's like 29 dollars in the checking account, and nothing on the prepaid card.)

Things I want to do: Get around to doing Tik Tok book reviews. I only have one up and frankly, I am ashamed of the depths of my executive dysfunction.

• Like x 2
  9. OtherCat

I have not been updating the bloglet. Then again, I have not be updating my dreamwidth or my wordpress. :/

• Witnessed x 3
  10. OtherCat

TFW you are struck with the terror that your necromancer OC is too much like someone else's necromancer OC. They are not actually that much alike. Mirya's (JackTrash's character's) people are reindeer herders and live in small villages, Joris' people had large cities. (Also, their personalities and appearances are nothing alike.)

I just realized Joris and Mirya have slightly similar backstories in that they both get sacrificed--though Mirya apparently teleports blind and gets raised by orcs while Joris ends up in his people's Underworld where the spirit in charge of that place puts him through boot camp. A boot camp that lasts hella longer than it should because clear instructions were ignored/misinterpreted.

But my brain, which is a very panicky brain with imposter syndrome insists this is a terrible act of plagiarism. :whybig:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    • Witnessed x 2
  11. OtherCat

I think I am mostly fussing because I have started to post the web serial on Royal Road.

12. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Mm, don’t worry too much, I think. A character background as a sacrificial child being taken in and trained by whatever entity scooped them up after their death is broad and dramatic enough that I think it can be considered a trope rather than being especially derivative of whatever media has used it before.

Mirya also has a very distinctive character voice & personality; I think as long as you aren’t deliberately trying to copy that, you’re good.

… And if you are trying to deliberately copy that, and you succeed, wow, that’s some good characterization skills right there.

In fact! Writing and or/thought exercise: Put Mirya in your protagonist’s place. How does he react to the situation, and in what way is his response similar/different to that of your protagonist?

13. OtherCat

Good points! Anxiety Brain says "what if he thinks it does?" (I am sure he doesn't, he would have raised the issue with me, I've been posting about it here and other places. However, Anxiety Brain.)

...Mirya would not be nearly as nice. I'm not sure how much not-nice he'd be. since the opening is an assassination attempt. And the situation would end up being more of a hostage situation with Caris than a "educate the dumbass" situation. I think he'd be the same amount of casual concerning being stabbed though. Mirya has "Adams family" dad energy, Joris does not. (Joris may have older brother or even uncle energy.)

• Like x 1
  14. OtherCat

This week I had two doctor's appointments. One with my PCP, and one at the behavioral health/autism clinic. The PCP appointment was a follow up on the physical. I also got the pneumonia vaccine. (Which hurt, and I would swear also make me slightly ill, as my lungs feel a little clogged right now.) The one at the autism clinic was a check in/ asking me the usual questions about symptoms, and how the meds were doing.

Today I went in for bloodwork, and to have my autism diagnosis added to my chart.

I have not heard back from the DDD (developmental disability division) case reviewer.

• Like x 1
  15. OtherCat

So I was rejected for Division of Developmental Disabilities services because I was diagnosed with autism after the age of eighteen and there's no "manifestation." I have no idea what this means. Was I supposed to have fangs? Claws? Wings maybe? I was given a phone number of a different organization, that may or may not be able to help, and I've sent on to the therapist for the autism clinic that was helping me with getting services. If I can't get something with this other organization, I will have to find an SMI clinic other than fucking Lifewell. (Lifewell is the SMI clinic I was with. They are not helpful.)

• Witnessed x 5
  16. OtherCat

The caseworker at the autism clinic is helping me do an appeal of the DDD decision. I have also being going back to physical therapy, but I need to call the pain doctor because I was never contacted about getting a chiropractic appointment set up. I'm slightly annoyed about this.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. OtherCat

1. I have a new bed. It has a headboard and it is super awesome and big. I also have wedge pillows. Wedge Pillows are Important.
    2. I have a Princess and the Pea situation with the eight-inch-thick mattress. (I can feel the slats in the frame.) I am going to need to get a mattress pad or SOMETHING.
    3. I am up to eleven followers on my web novel, which is on royal road.
    4. Lord of the Black Mountain is at ten chapters and I've finished the eleventh (haven't scheduled it yet) It is about 30,000 words and this is probably the longest I've worked on an original project. (

• Like x 1
  18. OtherCat

My update on this is that the dude absconded and apparently never filed the appeal? I have no idea what's going on there. It is very frustrating!

• Witnessed x 1
  19. OtherCat

My brain decided to poke me awake at 4:00 in the morning because it wanted to obsess over a married couple my parents were friends with. (From my memories there was no reason they should have been friends. Completely different worldviews, and completely different social circumstances.) My brain decided to obsess over this, and my parent's previous friendships where they actually invited their friends over.

Brain also wanted me to try to *look them up* to which I say: whyyyyyyy? (To ask them why they were friends with my parents who actually were kind of terrible. And if the being terrible was why they stopped being friends with them.)

Also: G, I'm sorry I was mean to you kid. It was not your fault you kept repeating stupid shit at me that my brother and sister told you to say because they thought it was funny.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. OtherCat

I have so many appointments next week! I've been going to chiro for my back and they have been loosening my spine and stretching me out on a medical rack. The first time didn't hurt very much, the second time was a little more painful, but after the fact, I'm pretty much pain free at the moment!

I'm going to be filling out the paper for my annual documentation at the smi clinic. I'm also going to be giving them my diagnosis paperwork because they claim they never received it from the autism clinic.

I managed to get some cleaning done!

I am also getting some in-home counseling from the autism clinic. (Iiii need some help with my anxiety and ability to plan. This is a continuing problem that comes and goes.)

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice