A Wicked Convergence of Circumstances Mk 2.0

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by OtherCat, Dec 19, 2018.

1. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

SKREEEEEEEEE My plan switched my doctor on me. I was trying to get the NP at my behavioral health clinic to be my PCP and I changed it to him, but sadly, they apparently decided to switch me again. Only positive: address is directly on a single bus route.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. OtherCat

They changed my PCP for some reason, after I had already changed to a new person, this one affiliated with my behavioral health clinic.

I am annoyed about this because: a) I liked the guy. b) I have a Well Woman Exam scheduled with him c) current case manager claims that getting a referral to be evaluated for autism *IS* possible after all, if I can get a referral from clinic from clinic PCP and the psych PCP. d) which I was told was a thing by previous behavioral health network because they did mental health not learning disabilities.

(Yes, I may or may not be on the spectrum, according to various sources including the counselor at The Other Clinic where I do talk therapy stuff. We basically checked out my Various Things and compared them to Other Things using The Big Book.)

I want the referral for the evaluation because this may help with Social Security. (Which I've been in the process of getting for a while now. I also want the referral for the evaluation because not having a Name for the Thing makes me very annoyed/anxious because "bluh bluh self-diagnosis bluh.")

So I'm going to check out the guy I got switched to. if I don't like him, I'll try to switch back to Osman. I might keep him if I can get some kind of interaction going where I can go to either one, depending on how quickly I can get scheduled. (They make it really hard to actually talk to the doctor, so I had to schedule an appointment.)

• Witnessed x 1
  3. OtherCat

It's been in the 70s-80s for a while now, and the entire week looks to be the same for where I am, except briefly where we're getting a chance of showers. Seeing all the winter=fucking cold makes me slightly guilty about it. :D

On the other hand, I also don't have air conditioning at the moment, because it's technically supposed to be cold, so.

I will think WARM THOUGHTS in everyone's direction. Please send cold and/or rain.

I should note that I hate hot weather, and would be slightly envious of people who get snow, except it does not look like very much fun. (And from what I remember when I lived in Indiana, winter was non stop coughing and sinus problems. On the other hand, it's the same here, if I'm not on a specific set of meds.)

4. OtherCat

I can't sleep arrgh why.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. OtherCat

So I list my medical problems and I'm given a sheet for a blood test. Is there a list of the medical problems? No, instead it's hypertension and obesity. New doctor will most likely become Old Doctor very swiftly. Fuck you, the BMI is a shitty standard to judge healthy weight (if that exists) by. I am eating one to two meals a day and still maintaining at about 260 or so. The last time I got to 216 (still over bmi for my height btw I'm apparently supposed to be 178, which hahahaha no, I know what that looks like on someone my height/build: preeetty much a skeleton.) I was passing out and getting sick a lot. They had to call the paramedics sick.

• Witnessed x 2
  6. OtherCat

I mean, if I were at-weight, or underweight would they still test blood sugar? I am guessing not. Some poor skinny fucker goes blind or loses a toe because they're at the correct BMI and don't realize Sugar is Death and they need to hold up on the Marshmallow Peeps.

7. OtherCat

Since I have the Pulmonary appointment tomorrow, I might just see if the CHC has general practice doctors I can get. (CHC is part of a network that's using something called MY CHART for arranging appointments and allowing patients to see tests. MY CHART isn't being used by any of the other networks. "New Doctor" is not in the CHC's system and therefore, not on MY CHART.)

8. OtherCat

Had the pulmonary appointment, then did the blood test! Sadly, I did not realize there was also a urine test, otherwise I wouldn't have used the bathroom before hand. This presented a slight difficulty, and it took some time before I could do anything about it. Needle sticker was extremely skilled and got everything done on the first try, which is often a rarity as I have Very Shitty Veins. Pretty much painless, and no problems getting blood.

Still extremely awake, I decided to go to Wendy's. Sadly the Wendy's I went to still hadn't fixed their goddamn Coke Machines. (I went there like a month ago and the coke machines were not working. However I can't avoid the lure of the three cheese combo.) One was completely offline, the other one had no ice and the soda was flat. (I was extremely pissed to see that the new Wendy's further down the route is open, and I could have gone there. Hopefully THEIR goddamn coke machines would have been working.)

After eating, I WAS STILL HUNGRY. My metabolism was not happy that I'd only eaten one meal the day before and was like "bitch, you owe me some goddamn calories." Also I still wasn't tired. I ended up getting what I thought was a bag of popcorn as a snack and a bottle of Pepsi, the Preferred Beverage. The popcorn turned out to be cheesy puffs which I've never liked, but these were at least tolerable so.

(I was very out of it all day. Which is not surprising given the whole lack of sleep and food thing.)

When I got home I settled down, had my snack, and took my evening meds and lo and behold, was finally able to get some sleep. Woke up a few minutes ago. I'm hungry again, so I'll probably have some instant oatmeal.

9. OtherCat

I would like a laptop that isn't so old that the company that made it went out of business, yes I would. Especially since it's the only way I can get on the internet. (Why not library computers you ask? You can only be on them an hour at a time, that's why. Also you can't upload anything.)

Laptop has been shutting itself down intermittently. Not a blue screen of death, it just turns off and restarts. I am displeased. Also it occasionally freezes.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. OtherCat

UGH. Goddammit Anne Bishop. You created a world with a more or less current technology level. Why the fuck is female main character the first ever policewoman? (The book is her latest "Others" novel, Wild Country.)

Just, I expect a more or less modern setting to have a modern approach to women involved in the criminal justice fields?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. OtherCat

I have some kind of exploratory surgery where they stick a camera down your esophagus coming up, and the last time I had anything like a surgery, I was a toddler. :\ In relation to that, I needed to have a Responsible Adult go with me, which was slightly difficult as I only know three people locally.

Fortunately one of them was able to do it, though I'm still kind of anxious.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. OtherCat

It is very hot in my apartment. They will not turn the ac on for months yet. I am displeased. Also, I haven't been able to sleep very well. On the other hand, I am having a lot of Homestuck themed dreams, so my intermittent sleep is at least entertaining.

• Witnessed x 1
  13. OtherCat

How do L.E. Modesitt Jr.'s books manage to be both boring as fuck yet extremely interesting to read? I just. Why.

So the worldbuilding is pretty good generally, and he does actual in world economics which can be surprisingly interesting as a plot point. His characters do a lot of experimentation in his fantasies. He comes up with interesting magic systems and so on. His character writing is not great. People have noted he only has a few character archetypes.

He denies this as you would expect

But no really, he only writes a few character types.

And the protagonist is generally always right and so on. And while the world building and self discovery aspects are interesting. The character is dead boring. There is very little humor in his writing.

And you run into a lot of "no, people do not do that," and "no trust me, that is not a thing that would work," on occasion because the dude has a soap box. (on the other hand like a broken clock his points are right at least twice a day.)

And I'm working my way through the most recent Imager's Portfolio books and I am definitely feeling the "why are your characters so flat?" Which is I guess better than the Recluce books where I'm going "what points are you even trying to make here? could we please have a fucking timeline? and also, didn't this already happen to so and so three books ago?" and so on.

• Like x 1
  14. OtherCat

I am between caseworkers at my behavioral health clinic. This is the third caseworker I've gone through this year and I am deeply, deeply annoyed.

On the other hand, I have written 18000+ words this month. \o/ (more accurate count forthcoming.)

15. OtherCat

It was actually 22,396 words.

This month I want to work on original fic, though I'll probably also work on fan fic.

Tomorrow I see another new doctor, who will hopefully be my new pcp.

I managed to get some housecleaning done, but not a lot. I got out of breath/tired really easy, then got distracted by other things, like creating a prompt worksheet for the collecting of prompts.

I have started reading Bleach! I have read the first three volumes. I haven't decided if I like it or not.

• Like x 1
  16. OtherCat

Establishing care with the new doctor was okay. The wait was a little long and I ended up not getting home until the afternoon. (I also had to pick up meds.) Mentioned all health problems and the possible autism spectrum thing. Doctor did not want to interfere with plan of care, even after I told him there was no plan of care because my behavioral health clinic doesn't deal with autism or other developmental disorders. On the other hand, I should probably talk to the neurology people and maybe get a referral to see a neuropsychiatrist.

All current docs are on the MyChart system. \o/

I am currently working on maintaining Lists of Things to Do in hopes of keeping track of things I Need to Do. I have fallen off a few months, restarted it, fallen off again. I had started out using a spiral notebook, but decided to move to a journal, because the notebook was falling apart. (The journal is also falling apart, because I accidentally cracked the binding. I was able to glue it though.) I am also writing notes/random thoughts.

I may or may not add things like grocery lists and meal plans to the journal. :\

My lungs are acting up, and I was prescribed a steroid.

17. OtherCat

Had the endoscopy! It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Confirmed some things about the esophageal surgery I had as a toddler, and found out that I might be having muscle problems as a result of said surgery. (which is why I have trouble with swallowing and why I choke on liquids.) I have to schedule for a second test that will not involve anesthesia, but probably will involve some heinous discomfort.

• Witnessed x 2
  18. OtherCat

So, yesterday I did not have a sore throat because I was given a spray to numb that. This morning I woke up and I had a horrible sore throat, so not much got done today. (Though I did call in a work order to fix the bathroom sink which was clogged again.)

• Witnessed x 1
  19. OtherCat

after reading the first update of the homestuck epilog I had severe misgivings. Rose made me twitch and flash to a Robert Matheson story where
    the world is ending and a woman is trying to get her daughter to take an overdose of sleeping pills by claiming it's candy.
    It was not a good feeling to have, and it only got worse as John was presented with his options of "meat or candy." Hearing details about the next updates made me even more disinclined to read them.

In other news, I've started reading Bleach. Both the manga and the fanfic. This is the fault of Askerian, on of my favorite writers. Grimmichi is the best kismesis. (I haven't gotten to the part with Grimmjow but I have read fic with him so.)

20. OtherCat

It makes me sad when someone kills off a female character because they essentially don't like them. (Author would possibly argue that is not what they did, but I disagree. Author said they didn't like the character and did their best to keep them out of the story, then killed them. That definitely looks like killing off a female character because they don't like them to me.) I liked the story except for that point.

I definitely do not like the sequel to the story, but that may or may not be because Ichigo is no longer Ichigo due to having his brain eaten by Eldritch Gods. (Author invented Eldritch Gods, with some random R'hleyn (sp) but not otherwise within Mythos canon. ) Also, I hated the angst bullshit, the really stupid murder bullshit and the cliffhanger.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice