A Wicked Convergence of Circumstances Mk 2.0

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by OtherCat, Dec 19, 2018.

1. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

So, catastrophizing + paranoia is always awesome when you have anxiety. I say this because it turns out that no, I'm not the only one getting an apartment inspection: this is apparently for the entire complex. It also has nothing to do with section 8 housing.

This is still however incentive to actually getting some cleaning done, so that's what's been happening. Yesterday I swept and put a bunch of stuff away, today I'm putting more stuff away and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen.

• Witnessed x 2
  2. OtherCat

Went to see the day program place with interim case manager. I could possibly get there by bus, but I will probably get a ride there via com trans. (I am more likely to do the latter because then I will have a Set Obligation To Go.)

I may have mentioned elsewhere, but I have a teeny tiny netbook, given to me by a friend-acquaintance. I have very big hands. The keyboard is very small and my thumbs wave over the mouse area, occasionally opening random files. I have downloaded most of what I need to the netbook, and am using a thumb drive to transfer things to the Bigger Laptop and also the portable drive.

I have named it Feferi. The bigger laptop is Sollux, and no longer has a battery, and also needs a new fan because the old one keeps having malfunctions/coming loose--which is why I am using the netbook. I am attempting to budget for a new fan. (I am attempting to budget at all. I suck at budgeting. Currently I am saving money in marked Ziploc bags, as you do, so I can look at it and go, "yep, that is money I am saving for whatever.")

Sollux was named Sollux because when he had his battery, there were red and blue LEDs. So the name was natural. :D Feferi is Feferi because she is Fuchsia

• Like x 2
  3. OtherCat

Tomorrow I have a speech therapy evaluation. Will they find something? Will they be able to help? I have no idea.
    If they find something, I need to tell the lawyer about it, and so on for the hearing.

Today I had my physical therapy, and I got some new exercises. (I've been collecting them!)

There was some kind of emergency at the clinic that turned out to be a false alarm. I had to walk down three flights of stairs to get outside. Then I waited to find out if I was going to be going back inside. (I was.)

I had to restart my exercise log/work on the layout of the exercise log. I have yet to find the Perfect Time to do exercises. After meals: a bad idea.

Another thing I've been working on is my wordcount spreadsheet. I decided to adjust how I was using colors to mark off individual fics. (I decided to give each wip a separate color. Before I was just marking them a different color to separate them from a different fic on the same day.) I am also using divider lines to mark off individual days. Numbers Are Hard, Okay.

Thursday, I have another physical therapy appointment, and I also have my pulmonary appointment. At some point I need to schedule visits to the day program. (I want to go Friday, Saturday and the following Monday.)

4. OtherCat

Today I had the speech therapy evaluation. I'll be getting the report tomorrow, to give to the lawyer (and also arrange for future appointments). I also got a call that I got an appointment to see the neuropsych. The appointment is in September. And of course, I am now going to have anxiety spirals because "what if she doesn't believe me?????"

Tomorrow is physical therapy and also my pulmonary appointment. I was able to schedule my visits to the day program. I was not able to get Saturday because you have to have been there long enough to have earned being there on Saturday? I'm not sure. I'm going to be going there from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. OtherCat

So on Monday, I and a friend found a pigeon sitting in a puddle in the parking lot. It did not seem to be doing so well so I carried it upstairs so it would not get stepped on or attacked by a cat or dog. It was subsequently taken back downstairs by a neighbor for unknown and undoubtedly stupid reasons, but I was able to recover the pigeon. This time I took it inside.

Bird is currently living in a reusable shopping tote with stiff sides. We went to a pet store to get water/food dishes and food. Last I checked on him (or possibly her, the pigeon has some irredescence but not a lot so I'm not sure) he seemed a little more alert than previously.

I am not entirely sure what was wrong with him, he wasn't bleeding, and his wings weren't held crooked or anything.
    In my tradition of giving birds acronym names, I am tentative calling him AUD. (Are U Dead?) I previously had a cockatiel named LEO (Little Evil One.)

Currently, bird is much perkier, and is even making brief use of her wings. I am hoping a friend of a friend will be able to provide a cage for her. (I am not sure she is ready or able to go outside.)

• Like x 2
  6. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

is there a local animal rescue or exotic pets vet you can get to? obvs that can be expensive, but it would at least give the pigeon a clean bill of health? (esp because pigeons can and do carry transmissable to human diseases - i worry that if they're sick, it could be something you could get to)

also, PIGEON!!! i love pigeons, they're so cute and clever

7. OtherCat

It's already sick or some variety of not-well since we found her in a puddle. :| I contacted the bird rescue that would be most likely to help (they handle wild and domestic birds), and I was told to bring it in if it wasn't eating or drinking. She's doing one or the other and and I am A) washing hands every time I come into contact with her (which I would do anyway.) B) Limiting contact to absolutely necessary C) cleaning up her area frequently.

I already had a cold, so I'm more likely to make it sick than the reverse.

• Like x 3
  8. idiomie

oh, good! well, I hope she gets better then!

9. OtherCat

Aud-the-bird is doing much better, so I'll be releasing her over the weekend. (Though I am also motivated because I have no way to actually keep him. He's doing well enough to fly around, and so is living under a laundry basket so he can't get into everything and take a crap on it.) I'll be leaving a water dish and a food dish for him outside my door.

I still have a cold, and I've been having some severe headaches that I need to tell the neurology people about. I am tracking what I eat, and seeing a nutritionist though I'm somewhat exasperated by her. (She keeps suggesting things that are too expensive, or things I don't actually like to eat. Also, I don't like her tone of voice. I can see she's trying to help, so I try not to take my irritation out on her.)

Physical therapy is not really helping much with the knee pain, though I've gotten a little more stretchy. I need to continue doing exercises. I was given a brace for the knee. I was not able to get a hold of the thoracic surgeon I was told to get a hold of. I made two tries at signing on as a new patient and the first time I was told I needed to...sign in as a new patient. The second time I didn't get a response at all. So I am missing something there. I need to actually talk to the gastro doctor about this, but I haven't because medical frustration reasons.

My budgeting skills are shit, continue to be shit and generally suck.

I have speech therapy scheduled to hopefully work on the tic. I finally have a meeting with a neuropsych to discuss screening for learning disabilities. (autism or otherwise.) I am of course having anxiety spirals about this because "what if they can't find anything? what if they think I'm lying?" and so on. I hate this so much, and possibly need to explain to speech therapist who went, "you don't have a problem!" about invalidating people's lived experiences, because obviously I DO have a problem and that would be the anxiety-induced verbal tics and memory problems. (The latter of which was not caught by the test apparently? Except they haven't seen me ask the same damn questions twenty times in five minutes because I'm not sure I understood everything and no. one. will. write. shit. down. for. me.)

I am doing a day program thing. There are some classes that look pretty interesting, and some groups that are also interesting though also at least one group Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me to Attend Again. (I am too queer and too pagan, the person doing the group is too Evangelical and possibly too straight.)

• Witnessed x 1
  10. OtherCat

I released AUD the bird a day earlier because of stupid apartment manager staff. Details may be found in my Vent. Let's say I'm displeased and leave it at that.

I have put iTunes on the net book. I may have to take some iTunes related things of of it so there is room. I also removed the Norton Antivirus after a great deal of bullshit, and replaced it with Avira, which is the superior antivirus program.

Original fic has been written. :D I have yet to put it up.

Day program is still a thing that is happening. (You can also do your laundry there.) Today is going to be "getting groceries." It's going to have to be a two-trip kind of thing and will probably suck.

• Witnessed x 2
  11. OtherCat

Yesterday I went to the day center. The group I wanted to go to was not there, so I went to a different group. This was the Spirituality group and yeah...not doing that one again. (Mostly culturally Christian or Evangelical influenced Christians, and the group leader may or may not have instantly decided my agnostic polytheistic ass was a Project, so no.)

I have been a Project before and it has never gone well for anyone concerned. >_<;

• Witnessed x 2
  12. OtherCat

I am having speech therapy every Monday for the next few weeks! I have been going to the day center, though I am not happy with at least one of the group leaders there. (Also, there was some gossip/negativity bullshit I overheard/witnessed and I'm a little annoyed about that.) I have an appointment with the Gastro doctor at the end of the month and I've been going to a nutritionist. I am also seeing a Neuropsych in a few months.

Still no word on the disability hearing. I am kind of stressed out about it.

I have managed to get some original fic writing done! They're prompts I've written for a prompt blog on tumblr. I have a backlog of four that will be appearing Patron only on my Patreon every Tuesday and then posting on my writing tumblr and writing dreamwidth on Friday. I am hoping to get some more writing done (original and fan fic) in the next month. I was not very productive because I was trying to get used to the day center and so on. (Also my brain was pudding.)

• Like x 1
  13. OtherCat

I made a ad for the ad channel on the Kintsugi Discord.

I do writing, both meta and fan/fiction (and personal rants) I have a Patreon! I would like to do more writing. The Patreon links to blogs where I have prompt-request posts! Give me a topic or a prompt and I will (attempt to) write the thing! Become a patron! See random snippets or fics a few days before they post elsewhere! https://www.patreon.com/renamcgee

I may possibly change the patreon user name to OtherCat (my usual handle) or I may not. :\

14. idiomie

hey, i just reread exaltation through last night/today, and i just wanted to drop in and say, wow, that fic is still i think one of the best takes on homestuck mythos. fanfic delights was talking about fics that nail world building (altho in a video game context) and i had to go and reread this, because that's this fic for me

15. OtherCat

I really wish I'd been able to continue it. It kind of trailed off and died on me. :\

16. idiomie

that would haven been awesome, but personally i'm of the opinion that i'm glad you left it up even tho you'll likely never finish it - it's unfortunate it didn't get a nice ending, but what's up is really excellent, and i'm glad to be able to enjoy that

uh. not to sound dismissive of your own disappointment. just that as a reader, i still enjoy it even abandoned

17. OtherCat

Sollux the Laptop keeps turning off on me. At the moment it won't stay on for longer than a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, Feferi the Netbook is so fucking slow I can't run anything on it. (Also it's a Netbook with the inherent limitations of same.)

To continue my technological tale of woe, I killed my mouse by accidentally the washing machine. Where it ended up because I was going to see if I could take the netbook down and use it near the laundry room so I didn't have to take so many trips up and down stairs. (I can't as it turns out. There is no shade by the tables, which are made of cement, where there is shade is a walk way, and the laundry room itself has no place to sit and is too hot and humid.) When I sat down I realized my mouse was missing. Shortly thereafter, I knew it was in the washing machine and the machine was locked. It still might have been okay if the thing had been switched off! Only it hadn't been. I tried to dry it out anyway, but no, it's dead.

Also! My headphones don't work and/or are dying because the sound is very tinny and quiet. (The emergency headphones work but have no padding and are slightly squashed since they were a cheaper pair that don't fold. I have a usb widget with audio/mic things that is overheating, and another of my usb cords is not cooperating.

In other news, I'm renewing my EBT which is always fun! This time around I need to find out if I can get the kind of EBT where you can go to various fast food places. :\ I do not apparently have the right EBT. We're doing the interview tomorrow, and hopefully I can convince them I am semi-self employed?? Still haven't heard anything from the lawyer about the disability hearing. I'm going to Speech to deal with the "di di di di" bullshit and the appointment with the Neuropsych is on the third...I have a lot of appointments.

• Witnessed x 2
  18. OtherCat

I have a table! It is a small table I can sit at and have dinner and put things one and also write! before I was awkwardly using one of those folding tray-tables and that was not great, but now I have a table! I am very pleased. I am slightly less pleased that the big laptop is almost certainly dead, and the tiny netbook is very slow and aggravating.

• Winner x 3
  19. idiomie

not winner for the computer troubles, but man, finally getting a real table for the apartment was the best feeling

• Like x 1
  20. OtherCat

It's a nice little folding table and it is EXACTLY the right size for a tiny open plan apartment. A friend of mine found it for me and it is utterly perfect.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice