ACEY DOES A ARTINGS (AND A WRITINGS ALSO)

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Acey, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

mopomoko secret santa.png
    Gift for my Santee in the LWU Discord's Secret Santa! :D They really liked it!!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  2. Acey

My friend Will got me a fancy sketchbook for Christmas and my parents got me some fancy colored pencils, so I've been doing some traditional stuff! I apologize for how silly these are, except not really. :P

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I haven't done traditional coloring in a LONG time so I'm sorry the coloring on that second one kinda sucks. x_x

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  3. Acey

[​IMG]
    I wanna do a screenshot redraw for every SU episode and I'm starting from the beginning. :P

Also, drawing children is hard.

• Like x 3
  4. Acey

[​IMG]
    progress!!! :D

• Like x 1
  5. Acey

here's what i have of chapter 16 of pearl, interrupted!

In all honesty, you would’ve loved an excuse to not go to therapy today. The problem there is that you don’t have any excuses.

So you go, of course. What other option do you have? And besides, if you want to get better, you need the help.

You tell yourself that over and over as you sit on the couch in Sapphire’s office, waiting for the others to arrive. It’s better than focusing on Amethyst, and how she hates you now, and how that’s your fault--

“Pearl, are you alright?” Sapphire’s voice cuts through the haze clouding your mind, through the vague fuzziness of reality itself, and you numbly nod your head.

“Are you sure?”

“No. But...I’ll talk about it when everyone else is here, alright?”

“Please do.”

You nod. At the very least, you’ll try.

You need to.

---

Of course the one free seat when Amethyst arrives is the one next to yours, on the same couch. Of course. It feels as if the universe is conspiring against you right now--a bit of a silly thought, but that’s how it feels.

She glares at you for a moment, and then looks away entirely, suddenly very interested in her thighs. Obviously upset.

Upset with you.

And then, to make matters worse, she’s the first one to speak.

• Like x 1
  6. Acey

001 gem glow redraw.png

IT IS COMPLETE

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  7. Acey

wip time, this time with Venty Bullshit

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  8. Acey

[​IMG]
    finished the lines

i'm actually really happy with this piece so far

• Like x 1
  9. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

It's looking good! I like the pose, it gives me a really clear feeling of defeat and anger. I think having her head held up insead of hanging down conveys a feeling of stubbornness/persistence as well.

• Like x 1
  10. Acey

generic pearl vent art - flat colors.png
    might shade it later but idk?

• Like x 1
  11. Acey

generic pearl vent art flat colors 2.png
    kudos to jessa (@terucov) for the ideas re: the glitching and torn shirt!!

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 1
  12. Acey

13. Acey

new fb page icon.png
    made a new icon for my fb art page

• Like x 3
  14. Acey

here's a silly doodle comic i did
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 3
  15. Acey

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Acey

[​IMG]
    art vs. artist meme!! idk if there's a resemblance or not haha

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  17. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I haven't seen all these, they're so GOOD

• Like x 1
  18. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

there is definitely a resemblance in use of color and general #aesthetic! also you have a roundish/heartish shaped face, and so do a lot of these characters, but idk how much of that is down to SU/HS/cartoony styles in general.

• Informative x 1
  19. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

COLORFUL N COOL (is the resemblance)
    also your art has good thick lines!!

• Informative x 1
  20. Acey

Thank you both! <3 Colors are so much fun to work with, so I'm glad that's something y'all saw!
    That's largely just a cartoony thing, although it's actually something I'm trying to work on, varying up face shapes and such. (I find angular faces, and angular stuff in general, really tricky, so I'm trying to work on that!)

Weirdly, I've actually been trying to thin my lines a bit, because they used to be way too thick--I suck at precise linework, so I would go for super thick lines to kinda disguise that. XD I think I'm finally arriving at a happy balance, though!

ALSO, I was looking through my art blog and I found an ANCIENT Connie I drew, and...I've improved so much, y'all?? Like, compare and contrast to a drawing of the same character I did about a year ago (which I'm honestly still really proud of):

[​IMG]
    Ancient badly-drawn Connie. Note how ABSURDLY thick the lines are. (That is what I've been trying to avoid. :P)

[​IMG]
    More recent, MUCH better Connie! I could probably do even better now (there are some minor lineart fuckups and the sword looks kinda bad), but it still looks WAY nicer than the first one, no? :3

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice