ADHD, depression, and whatever else...

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by seebs, Mar 17, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So I need to move my office, and that means cleaning desks. And usually that means getting frustrated and tossing everything in a bin. Well, this time I've actually been sort of successful, and I think I see why, and I think antidepressants are involved.

Observation: Normally, if there is a small task that is in the way of completing the task, but it's small and unrewarding, I tend to sort of balk at it because it Does Not Feel Productive. Today, I've been successfully doing those things and getting them resolved, and of course, that works much better. Hypothesis: What was missing was some part of the reward feedback loop to tell me I was making progress.

• Like x 2
  2. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Grats on both getting things done and figuring a thing out. Troubleshooting ones brain successfully is always nice.

3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I'm pretty happy. The desk I need to move away so I can move this desk into its location is now empty, although I've made almost no progress on cleaning this one yet. But I have an actual hope that by tomorrow afternoon I can be using my office downstairs. Maybe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice