ADHD?

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by kmoss, Feb 28, 2015.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

See, that fits me perfectly.
    Ok, thing I hate about getting tested for ADHD: my psych lady told me she "has a pretty good idea" of my results, but I have to wait until we meet next wednesday before I actually find out. I hate waiting so much.

2. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Random ADHD question: Do any of you have problems with subtitles?

I find I have a really hard time watching and processing subs. I can if I have to, but it seems to take up energy. I can't binge on a sub and I find myself avoiding watching them. It probably has to do with the fact that I prefer having something else to do while watching things. I'm wondering if this is a common problem with ADHD

3. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Hmm.
    Not totally?
    When I'm watching a show that has solid closed captioning all the way through, I actually forget the CC is there even though I'm reading it. (But, data point, I am a very fast reader.) I was watching House with CC on, watched a solid three episodes before I remembered that CC was on.

But I am watching Daredevil atm, and the intermittent subtitles are weird, because i have to keep flipping what i'm registering dialogue with.

Although, when I watch, say, anime, and have to read subtitles to know what's going on, that doesn't work, because I also like playing shows in the background while I do other things.

So, yes, I can't watch if all I'm getting dialogue info from are subtitles. I do best when there's a combo of spoken dialogue i understand/closed captioning.

#probably way more info than anyone ever needed #getting officially told whether or not I have ADHD or not tomorrow/today #well, at noon, sooooo #I continue to low-grade freak out about this

4. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

i wonder if i have ADHD sometimes, i can forget things really fast and it's really annoying forgetting things all day and trying to remember what tasks i have to do and which one i'm doing right now and how much time i have to do it but on the other hand i can read an entire book in one sitting so

hopefully i don't, because if i do i am screwed

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  5. Aya

Aya words words words

Funnily enough I do better with subtitles than without. I read really fast but sometimes tune out spoken words unless I'm trying really hard, so subtitles keep me on track with what's going on. Everyone's different I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice