ADigitalMagician Runs a Fate Game

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by ADigitalMagician, May 31, 2015.

1. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

2. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

awwww, she looks awesome! :D Very nice!

3. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Thinking about it, Ask Questions Later might well work. I want her to be impulsive, but not necessarily violent about it, and Ask Questions Later could just as well apply to things like "So why were they chasing you, anyway?". SO!

High Concept: Outlaw Werewolf
    Trouble: Ask Questions Later
    Skills: Fight 4, Music/Physique 3, Athletics/Notice/Provoke 2, Crafts/Empathy/Rapport/Will 1

• Like x 1
  4. OnnaStik

...I think that's all four of us... is it time for the backstory stuff now?

5. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

@siveambrai and I are poking each other on messengers about her aspects, but we can totally get going on our backgrounds.

So, phase one: A couple of paragraphs (Or as much as you want) on your first adventure. What got you into the protagonist game? Goals, special items, antagonists. Lay it out. You don't have to talk about the ending (Really, shouldn't!) and once everyone has put on out, I'll give each person's phase one to another player, who will then put in a few paragraphs of how they helped, hindered, or participated in that person's adventure. Then one more time, so you'll have explicit connections to two other players.

At the end, you pick three aspects, one for each phase, based on your place in each story.

Now the real fun begins. ;)

6. OnnaStik

Well, I kinda spouted backstory all over the previous page, heh, so go with that for phase one?

7. ADigitalMagician

I figured that's how it'd happen!

8. siveambrai

siveambrai Negative Karma Engine nerd.professor.gamer

So you're asking us to put out, eh?
    S5e12_Finn_eyebrows.gif

• Like x 3
  9. OnnaStik

...awfully quiet around here now...

10. ADigitalMagician

Alright, page one is updates with what I know about your characters.

@OnnaStik I assume you'll want to edit phase one a bit? If so, just repost with any changes and firmed up language.

@littlepinkbeast I saw you're not feeling well, but if you could get a phase one done for me?

@mazarinedrake Yo, need phase 1. Be awesome.

@siveambrai We need to firm up your aspects and get a phase one down.

If ANYTHING looks wrong for any of you folks, just let me know, and I'll fix the OP.

Also, been considering the voice chat thing, and since I know two people are iffy on it, and our chat here seems to be going really well, anyone up for just running it here on Kintsugi? I think I'm the one with the biggest contention and I'd rather do what makes for the best game over what I was hoping for.

11. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I can't words so good right now, but if I'm reading this right, this is supposed to be recent adventure during which the characters start to meet up with each other? So her poking around in the old magic place and getting wolfed and then banished is probably not the right thing to go for, for this, since that happened kinda far away and however long ago it took her to wander down to where we're starting?

12. mazarinedrake

Whoops, sorry about the delay. Will start working on my phase 1 right now.

And to be honest I would prefer to hold the game here, though I'm willing to try doing voice chat for the group's sake. I just have an easier time holding a conversation over text, and it's been my experience in the past that skype tends to lag and drop calls in ways that are really disruptive to conversational flow. But if the majority is in favor of voice chat, I'm willing to give it the old college try for the sake of this game.

13. OnnaStik

I don't really have strong feelings on voice vs. text, and this board seems to be working out so far. I'm good with it if everyone else is.

I'll have a more refined phase-one out soon.

14. ADigitalMagician

It's your first adventure, but yes, it shouldn't be the entire adventure, and it should be open for two other players to be involved.

15. OnnaStik

Okay, a more refined phase-one:

The Queen of the Blessed Fountain makes quasi-divine wonders, and maintains the Blessed Choir (I STILL NEED A BETTER NAME FOR THIS) to amplify her glory. Promising musicians who come to the attention of her agents get "volunteered" for it, and from then on are secluded, lest it become generally known just how much support the Queen needs to enact such powerful songs. So when as a child Lasha showed a talent for ironsong, her family initially tried to make her stop for fear of losing her. This didn't work, at all, and strained their relationship almost to the breaking point before they changed tacks and started helping her hide instead.

Eventually she did get carried away- the Music wants to be heard, after all- and caught, and spent some years among the Blessed, until some kind of catastrophe struck while they were working away from the city itself. (I'll firm up what it was in one of the other phases.) Lasha realized that, in the chaos, she could probably disappear and be presumed dead. So that's what she did, and she took with her the instrument she'd been learning.

• Like x 1
  16. siveambrai

Garmine Grim played by @siveambrai :
    High Concept: Badlands Beat Buddy
    Trouble: Dulanth's Dubious Deal
    Phase 1: Garmine is the last survivor of a distant wastetown which no longer has a name or a marker for its existence. Dulanth the Dissimulate, a dragon that hunts the wasteland outskirts will go looking for a new food source every ~40 years, draining and killing everyone in a town except for one child with the most musical potential. This child is given a choice to die like the rest of their town or to live and become the food source for the dragon for the remainder of their lives. Garmine accepted the dragon's choice and has been drained of most of their musical ability since. Although the drain does come with some positive benefits, including better physical traits and resistances allowing a small child to survive many years on their own. It also gives Garmine an exceptional sense of timing and beat, the only musical ability left to her. She can participate in songs as a drummer or in fighting, being able to find the rhythm of opponents movements but any thing that she finds offbeat is extremely irritating to her. Garmine largely stayed away from population centers and haunted the many abandoned living areas for survival.

Once old enough to survive coming into contact with large groups of people Garmine began moving from town to town using her skills as a caravan guardian and sports fighter when no guard jobs were available. Although her top priority remains her own survival and her most recent assignment left her battered and unconscious, dragged to the canyon by the caravan she was injured defending. Upon arrival the caravan leader sold her to the fighters pit to pay debts. She can full Dulanth pulling on their bond and testing to see if she is strong enough to continue as his source. She fights to stay alive and become strong enough to trace the dragon and consume him.

• Like x 2
  17. mazarinedrake

I hope this is enough! I was so worried about writing too much that I might have gone too far in the other direction. ^^

Chaajor

High Concept: Mercenary on the Make

Trouble: I Look Out For Number One

Phase 1: Grew up in a small wasteland tribe (more like a small family group, really) that kept itself alive through piecemeal salvaging. She’d known since early childhood that she was special, could feel the power behind her quiet humming or the rhythm she’d pick out on a piece of scrap metal, but her parents were afraid of the power she might accidentally call up and forced her to ignore her power for most of her childhood, a sentiment she now looks back on as mostly ignorant superstition. Her chance for more finally came when a chance encounter brought her family in contact with a Canyon City patrol, one that included a Battle Bard. While her parents tried to barter scraps of old engines for water, *she* traded her dubious freedom for a short apprenticeship under the bard, then a position as his bassist. But while playing road songs for a patrol group was several steps up from her previous way of life, as time went on she began to feel that she could do better…

• Like x 2
  18. siveambrai

btw I would prefer Skype text chat over the boards. Even if we don't use voice having everyone together in one place and using a medium that isn't part of regular web browsing habits would help cohesion and immersion I think.

• Like x 1
  19. albedo

albedo metasperg

As a curious observer, it would be neat if you guys did post the logs after the fact. Not necessary, but I'm really enjoying the thread.

20. ADigitalMagician

So no matter what we do, a formal session today is going to be a while if we want one. I have not eaten, I'm thirsty, and I need to fix up my room some. (Also, laundry. . . but that can wait.)

After I've put some kind of food in me, I'll randomize for phase 2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice