ADigitalMagician Runs a Fate Game

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by ADigitalMagician, May 31, 2015.

1. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's no good if you're not having fun with it too! Take all the time you need to get into a better mental place. The game will keep.

(I for one have been doing a bunch of sketches of my character, and might do another short fic about her first day in Cliff City.)
    Speaking of which, might as well go ahead and make a post about it: if anyone wants to post a faceclaim or other reference of their character, I'll draw them for you!
    Also thinking of doing a sketch of my mental image of Warlady Ezra, see what everyone thinks.

• Like x 2
  2. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I've been pondering Lasha's discovery, myself. :D

I did that selfydoll already, but an actual drawing sounds extra awesome! Tentative faceclaim, hmmm. Lindsey Stirling?

3. mazarinedrake

Ooh, she's really cute!

I'm a little distracted today by thoughts of a possible tribute portrait of Sir Christopher Lee (may he rest in peace) but hopefully I'll have something cool to show you by Sunday. <3

• Like x 1
  4. siveambrai

siveambrai Negative Karma Engine nerd.professor.gamer

• Like x 1
  5. mazarinedrake

holy crap that's cool :D

6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

popping in to say THIS SETTING IS SO COOL. like albedo said, it would be awesome to save logs if you did it somewhere else. :D

7. OnnaStik

Would it be possible to at least get an ETA on when we're moving forward? It doesn't have to be soon- the last thing I want to do is rush you, @ADigitalMagician - but when things get left for a long time with no word, I worry that they're getting forgotten, and this is too cool to let that happen.

Best wishes for things to resolve themselves soon, too. <3

8. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Nope, I intended to do it this weekend, I'm just juggling kids! Hopefully I get them in bed at a decent hour and I'll have a post by tonight!

• Like x 1
  9. OnnaStik

Guess you didn't end up getting the time?

10. ADigitalMagician

No. Holy crap, the house didn't get to bed until 2AM. It was ridiculous. (Tonight. Tag me on Tumblr if you have to. I should be home by 10 EST)

11. ADigitalMagician

So, Phase 2:

So, dice where they fall, @mazarinedrake and @siveambrai will be guest starring in phase two of each other's stories. @littlepinkbeast and @OnnaStik will be guest starring in each others story.

Once everyone has a phase two done, we'll move to phase three, then we'll move on to actually gaming.

I am so sorry this step took so long.

12. OnnaStik

AWESOME.

Okay, @littlepinkbeast, tell me more about Valfi that we may smush together her and Lasha...

13. ADigitalMagician

Okay, just to make sure:

Phase two, you take your character and the phase one from the player you're assigned to, and write part two, inserting your character into their story.

14. mazarinedrake

Noted, thanks for the reminder.

15. mazarinedrake

Okay, I guess I'm still a little confused. ^^; Sorry, but what exactly is meant by "guest starring?" Should Siveambrai and I be getting together to co-write something, or should I be writing more about Chaajor with Garmine somewhere in the background, or what? How much interaction between the two characters should we be shooting for here?

16. ADigitalMagician

Specifically, you should be putting your character into their character's story. Either as an ally, an antagonist, or maybe a chance meeting. Think OC fanfiction.

17. mazarinedrake

What are we going to do if the stories contradict each other?

18. ADigitalMagician

As in the four different ones, or internally?

Time for this section is handwavy. Like, as hand wavey as the timeline in the Mad Max franchise.

19. mazarinedrake

Okay, I think I understand better now. Thanks for your patience. <3

(For the record I meant, like...internally inconsistent details or plots. Like what if *I* write Chaajor helping Garmine escape the arena (not saying I *am,* just that it's a possibility, but Siveambrai writes Chaajor getting arrested and tossed in there and they have to fight? That kind of mutually exclusive chain of events. Are we going to talk them over and reconcile the four stories later, or what?)

20. ADigitalMagician

Shouldn't happen, since you already know what's already happened in the story you're guest starring in. So in one story, it should be consistent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice