ADigitalMagician Runs a Fate Game

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by ADigitalMagician, May 31, 2015.

1. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Also we can reconcile them while we're finalizing what's happened.

On that note, though... I'm not hearing from @littlepinkbeast ...?

2. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Sorry, I've just been not very together lately - adjusting to new meds and really tired all the time. I'm trying to get back on top of things.

• Like x 2
  3. OnnaStik

It's all good, I just wanted to reassure myself that you were still around and still interested in playing! I worry too much. o_o

EDIT: In the meantime, I've been playing with dollmakers some more. Have a possible design for the Fountain Queen!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. OnnaStik

Guys. GUYS.

A friend and I came up with this while I was fishing for ideas for Lasha and Valfi's Wacky Roadtrip Adventure, but it was so perfect as a hazard of the desert that I had to share it for general use, if you want it.

There was a grove of trees that grew so that the wind whistling through their branches made magic. As the area became more and more desertified, the grove- not quite sentient, but capable of thirst- grew more desperate, beginning to draw in creatures to die under its branches and nourish its roots.

The trees died anyway, but they died in that deadly configuration and under the weight of the already-accumulated power. A compulsion to offer water uselessly to the husks sets in whenever the wind blows. The grove gets a wide berth from everyone who actually knows where it is.

• Like x 2
  5. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

oh my GOD that's terrifying! I love it!

6. siveambrai

siveambrai Negative Karma Engine nerd.professor.gamer

I really like the idea. One of my favorite book series has a setting called the Dead White Forest. All the evil souls who abused magic go there to wander eternity among the trees. Nothing, not even the most deadly predators go within its borders. Terrifying power areas are great :D

• Like x 1
  7. OnnaStik

eee I am happy that you like it.

Let's call it the Bone Grove. Everything that's died there left theirs behind, there's probably a huge tangle of skeletons under the trees. People who don't know how it came to be (which is probably most people) probably have legends about it being a battlefield from which the trees grew already dead, watered with blood, and the magical effects really being the ghosts calling the living to join them...

...not that I think a lot about folklore, heavens no.

• Like x 1
  8. OnnaStik

And now, have a Bonepicker. They're a clan of Scrapdogs who work the extra-dangerous but extra-lucrative patch of desert surrounding the Bone Grove. On days when the air is still, they get in, grab as many possessions of the dead as they can manage, and get out fast. The face-mask is to help block out the worst of the smell.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  9. mazarinedrake

Coooooooool :D Oh man, that's so cool.

10. OnnaStik

I've been pondering the cult of the Fountain Queen since that's, y'know, going to affect literally everything about Lasha's life up till now. So far, I'm figuring...
    • Heavy social stratification with higher classes permitted to live further upstream
    • The Blessed live in the Queen's own residence, right up by the Fountain itself
      • The rationale for isolating them is that they're too holy; even talking to "lesser" people would risk polluting them
      • A few senior and very loyal Blessed have special permission to talk to the plebs so that they can act as intermediaries, since hardly anyone is allowed to talk directly to the Queen
    • Having a worthy child accepted into the Queen's service means instant social mobility
      • But not to the point where you'll probably ever be allowed to talk to them again, unless you were extremely high-class already or they become one of the Queen's lieutenants
    Also, the royal/holy color is blue. Because water. That's not necessarily terribly important but it informs my dollmaking.

• Like x 1
  11. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Just poking the bear.

12. mazarinedrake

How's everyone doing?

13. OnnaStik

Super anxious about whether half our players still want to play. :X

14. littlepinkbeast

I still want to play, but I have no idea if I can play. The last few weeks I've just been super out of it - partly heat, partly adjusting to new meds, partly who the hell even knows probably. I've pretty much been just letting everything fall through and playing minecraft and barely managing to take care of myself. At this point I just really don't know what to do :(

15. OnnaStik

@littlepinkbeast I'm really sorry to hear that :( Is there anything we could maybe do to make it easier for you?

16. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Hey, just checking in with anyone. I am okay with indefinite hold until everyone is in a good place to play.

• Like x 2
  17. littlepinkbeast

Things have not really been getting better for me brainwise, and I hate to delay things any more than I already have by being such a flop. I may have been overoptimistic in thinking I could handle another thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice