All Aboard the Floating Dumpster: Trash Ships Ahoy

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, Apr 17, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

do you, uh
    do you have recs for any of this
    i'm normally more into just shipping the antagonist of the part with, well, every protagonist, but hmmm

2. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I rather liked this one, in which ftm!Josuke has a threesome with his BBFF (that's Best BoyFriend Forever) Okuyasu and his uncle. There's a pretty good amount of Jota/Josu on AO3.
    This is a delightfully messed-up mundane AU of Phantom Blood with helpless and easily manipulated!Jon. I'll just c&p the summary:
    I've only read a couple Jolyne/Jotaro fics, but I liked this one. (I'm afraid of badly-written Jolyne. I know it's out there and I'm sure it would hurt me in my heart!) Unfortunately, no Jolyne/SdC!Jotaro that I know of.

• Like x 1
  3. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I'm really enjoying this, thanks for recommending it. It's got all of that delicious internal struggle inside the head of the villain I love and can't get enough of. (Dio: I totally have no problem at all with any of the things I'm doing. The sick feeling is me being disgusted with my victims. Yes.)

JJBA is one I'm constantly in the middle of watching (I love it but keep being distracted from finishing it) to the point where even though I haven't even watched the rest of the show, Jojo/Dio is an old favorite trash ship of mine >u< That fascinating 'is it incest? are they committing a sin against God and man or not when they make out? discuss' dynamic gets me every time.

• Like x 2
  4. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Ah, see, I'm all about when the answer to that last question is "Definitely yes, we are in so much trouble." That feeling of getting away with something and finding the illicit rush addictive (and yeah, maybe just a little bit sickening...)

• Like x 2
  5. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Me, watching season five of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time: Huh, Spike's crushing on Buffy. That's pretty funny, and it's always great watching someone have a crush on someone they know would never give them the time of day, and then sometimes it turns out that they would, and that's great too. I ship it!
    Spike: *steals Buffy's clothes to smell, stands under Buffy's window while she's making time with Riley, twits Riley about how Buffy needs her boyfriends to have ~a little monster in them~, gets his girlfriend to pretend to be Buffy, hits on Buffy in the stupidest possible way, commissions a Buffy sexbot and has it programmed to tell him how sexy and evil and fascinating he is*
    Me, crying actual tears of embarrasment: I changed my mind

#i changed my mind back right away though #i'm going to have embarrassing vampires x buffy 5ever tattooed on my forehead #and i'm not even kidding i literally teared up in a way i haven't since i was re-reading an inuyasha fic i wrote when i was thirteen #i'll show myself to the dumpster i know where i belong

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Like x 9
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Rereading God Stalk. I forgot how good Bane<3<Jame is.

oh gods

OH GODS

It is just like

Who are you

I'm you but soulless

And then his stupid ass tries to bloodbind her and ends up bound instead. And she is like "Well I'll never be honorless!" and he is like "FUCK HONOR I AM BANE".

• Like x 1
  7. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@Aondeug Jame<3<Bane is my favourite ship for that series TBH. I mean I can get behind Jame(quandrant-flipping nightmare)Tori too, but, just. Bane is so deliciously nasty.

• Like x 1
  8. Aondeug

It is just so good. Jame<3/<3<Tori owns my soul though. You should have heard the horrible noises I made while reading Sea of Time when he is like NEVER I LOVE YOU.

it was loud

it was the picture of stereotypical anime school girl squealing over cute things

i had to stop and reread the last few paragraphs

• Like x 1
  9. Aondeug

Honestly that is my reaction to most of their moments. Just. Vocally reacting with sheer delight or ENDLESS SADNESS AND CRYING. It is probably the most I have loved a ship in a while. I can feel it. The horrible zeal burgeoning up. Oh gods. What is this.

• Like x 1
  10. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I've only read the first three or four books and clearly this is a mistake I need to rectify post-haste. :O

11. Aondeug

YES. DEAR GODS YES.

On this note though I need to incorporate Jame<3<Bane into my Star Wars AU. Jame's a Mandalorian in it. A Force sensitize one because Ganth is. Ganth. BANE TOO CAN BE A FORCE SENSITIVE MANDO. Or rather a former Mando. Dar'manda ass soulless Sith apprentice Bane.

you have a laser sword do you

well i have a knife and no common fucking sense bitch

FIGHT ME

THEN WE KISS?

??????

edit for clarification: In Mandalorian culture only those who are part of the culture are said to possess souls. Failure to live up to Mando codes of honor gets you deemed Dar'manda, Not Mandalorian, part of the culture or not. This Is Very Bad. And keeps one from the Mandalorian afterlife concept.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like x 1
  12. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Stab-Stab-Kiss, a beautiful and time-honoured trash ship trope.

• Like x 6
  13. Aondeug

Tori's a Jedi in this AU. A very unhappy and snooty dick of a Jedi. Who is loved dearly and he is still her brother But What Happened When He Left.

The answer is a cult and Jedi Master Ganth but I mean yeah.

marc is a wookie

• Like x 1
  14. dky

dky burnt toast

ok first off me sharing my screams about people allowed to ship what they want

I saw a post on tumblr saying, "You using shipping as a coping mechanism doesn't make it above criticism!!!" and "Shipping x is harmful and bad, like cutting - it being a coping mechanism doesn't make it safe or healthy." And---

Okay, first off! They were correct in saying "not tagging your x as x is bad", because that's not warning the people who are uncomfortable with whatever it is you have as content! And they are totally in the right to get mad over that, because not tagging something is a dick move and you should always tag things that could make someone feel uncomfortable or is a trigger. Like, if it's underage or abuse or whatever, you tag it!! Otherwise you're being inconsiderate of other people and that's rude.

However the entire rest of their point was horribly wrong, and fucked up for more than one reason - but the main point? It's fiction and fiction doesn't hurt someone by existing.

Fiction can hurt people! Just like beating someone over the head with a book can? If I have a knife, and say, "I am holding a knife!" It is not my fault if someone comes over and hugs me, getting cut with said knife! Just as it isn't the content creators fault if you read/look at their content which is pointed out as that thing. (Again, why you need to tag things!!) And honestly, I don't give a flying fuck if you're into 'horrible' or 'nasty' things in fiction.

Because it's fiction, and you can do whatever the fuck you want. And this person telling people that you should accept hate because you ship x or have a weird kink is really rude! That, and it's hurting people. I mean, I was ashamed of myself for years because of things I shipped that weren't the norm for a fandom or whatever, until recently where I learned 'you can do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt real people'. And other people need to know you can do whatever the fuck in fiction!! Without getting yelled at for having a ship that's underage or abusive or incest or whatever the fuck.

Also, you aren't automatically a pedophile or a creep or whatever for shipping something in fandom?? 'Cause, again, it's fiction. And unless you can apply that to real situations, real people, you don't really fall under that umbrella. And even then the circumstances are strained 'cause, I know people who do the whole sexual roleplay where one of them is pretending to be underage, and it's not hurting anyone because they're both consenting adults so??? Honestly my point is unless you know that person personally and for a fact that they're harmful to others, then shut the fuck up. Let people ship what they want.

second off! me screaming about a ship i have that is real bad
    thanks to Tumblr Culture I freak out any time I even try to talk or draw this ship, and I honestly feel like shit sometimes for shipping it and have to remind myself the above rant^^^. But anyway, I've always had like twincest ships for some fucking reason? But lately I've been spanning it over to siblings and other stuff and now I ship Rick/Morty.

I have entire rants on my vent about Eyepatch Morty/Evil Rick (thinly veiled as NOT shippy because panic) and I just have so many feelings about that AU and just the main relationship and I scream. But usually I have the idea they've got a kind of co-dependent relationship going on (they almost feed off each other's issues and strengths to continue), and it's a little emotionally abusive because Rick is a fuckin' drunk and he's mean to him in cannon. But I also like to think (for the ship) that they can get kind of sweet too? Even if it's just something as mundane as cuddling on a couch or some bullshit.

But then I've got fuckin' headcannons about their sex - and mostly I think it's like, a hardcore pain play, very very mean dirty talk, kind of abusive during. Because Rick is fucking nasty and probably is mostly like, doesn't fuck any other way except fucked up and Morty is a masochist and goes along with it. And it probably started out, like first-time was probably really sweet or whatever, then they had a talk about how Rick doesn't do sweet and Morty again, just kind of went along with it not really expecting what it was going to get like. But he's actually really fucking into it, and he's like really submissive to the point where he doesn't want to do anything without being told to so in the end it works out well for both of them. (Insert that one Rick from Pocket Morty who wants you to make him a collar so he can give it to his Original Morty, so he can identify him as his. Yessss)

And here's my headcannon screams and shit on my vent thread because I'm not copying all that down
    1 2 3 4 5 6

• Witnessed x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A friend and I did an email RP of a Redwall human AU where Mellus hears inappropriate noises mixed with crying coming from Blaggut and Slipp's room and is about to break in and dismember Blaggut but suddenly realises neither of the resident toddlers are in the room and the crying is coming from Blaggut. Blaggut also "walks into doors" a lot.

• Agree x 1
  16. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I hate how things turned from 'it's ok to ship if ur coping' to an utter attack even on people who are coping. I don't think coping is required, but I was a bit jolted to realize people could be so cruel knowingly to survivors.

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 2
  17. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

That's because the "it's okay if you're using it to cope," claim was always a lie. Antis just have enough loudness and numbers now to not feel like they have to preemptively fend off push back anymore that they can just come right out and be shits

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Anyone have that one ship which breaks their usual squick? Years back I watched a few episodes of Black Butler and normally I run like hell from adult/kid ships, but... No, actually it wasn't Seb/Ciel; I was very disappointed to find so little Bardroy/Finnian material. So cuuuuute.

• Like x 1
  19. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

last time i checked, there was depressingly little variation in black butler shipping fanworks

20. Kiyarasabel

Kiyarasabel eats raw coffee grinds; sobs in sexual frustration

I don't know if all the quotes followed through but yes to Snoke using the image of Anakin to abuse Kylo. Snoke is the Galaxy's poster child for creepy old man who should not be allowed contact with children.

Hux does whatever is in Hux' interest and I respect that.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice