All Aboard the Floating Dumpster: Trash Ships Ahoy

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

it's even better because he's totally convinced he's this huge hero saving everyone(???) from the villains and he reminds me a lot of captain hammer if captain hammer were a genocidal maniac. i think he even says "i'm the hero and the hero always wins" a couple of times.

edit: here's a pic with no mask in case you're curious and also because borderlands is a special interest and i could keep talking about it forever. i should probably move to the borderlands thread huh. anyways:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

wowp that looks painful

3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Speaking of horrible villains that totally think they're Good Guys, I'm a big fan of Eddie/Waylon from Outlast. And Blaire/Waylon. And really everyone/Waylon, because this poor man is never gonna catch a break.

I'm also a real big fan of Walrider/Miles, partly because of the body sharing aspect.

• Like x 3
  4. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

Panel? Are there comics I need to know about? (Pressure is pretty darn great.) or just, like, whenever they are on screen/or illustrated together?

You should elaborate about Dat Composition.

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

i mean when they're on screen together. i couldn' think of the word i wanted so 'panel' came out.

[​IMG]

their size difference is emphasized, but usually in a way that makes jasper look freakishly huge rather than lapis look tiny. there's such visual emphasis on jasper being monstrous. i think it's really cool how they do that.

• Like x 7
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Vriska/Mindfang. I'm all about Vriska getting in way over her head but refusing to even acknowledge how utterly fucked she is, and she's got that hero-worship thing going for Mindfang, who is utterly awful and also probably some shade of narcissistic, so. "Here's a tiny awful child version of me and also she worships the ground I walk on, yum yum."

Jasper/Lapis as compounding each others issues and seriously not helping each other get better. I. Kinda hope somewhere, in a fanwork or canon, there's something about the both of them making a genuine effort to be good but just sinking back into being terrible whenever they're together.

And here's a v good Jaspis

• Like x 7
  7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

GODS YES VRISKFANG. I also like Aranea/Mindfang because first off selfcest and secondly Aranea is way too in over her head. Also while I don't like lesbifins the idea of unhealthily unbalanced Condesce/Aranea sounds nice to me.

• Like x 3
  8. jacktrash

you know what i've never seen? mindfang/condesce.

• Like x 1
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Which, given that Meenah's dated three separate Serkets, seems like a gross oversight.

Or, maybe not? Aranea, (Vriska), and hitting on Vriska, unless I dreamed all that or something.

• Like x 3
  10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

A lack of Mindfang/Condesce is some bullshit. We need this.

• Like x 3
  11. Medved

Medved Not the vice-president

Ooh, a FLOATING dumpster /promptly de-lurks
    I never thought of this, and now I can't stop thinking about it. So: how? I've seen mention that force ghosts aren't actually self-aware, they're the echoes of a person's life, but on the other hand the original trilogy gives us Obi-Wan's occasionally (dubiously) helpful force ghost, and Vader's healed and at-peace force ghost, so really it's whatever the author needs it to be. Maybe an echo of Anakin's younger, angrier self is out there for Kylo to talk to, and he comes to the conclusion that grandpa's ghost really is the only one who understands him. OR, Snoke uses that force ghost echo/dream manipulation to give Kylo the impression that his grandpa is this sympathetic spirit that understands him and has an important job for him to do...

• Like x 3
  12. Medved

Medved Not the vice-president

Oh ffs how do I edit subaccount posts ;_;

Edit: SUCCESS! thank u friends

• Informative x 1
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Medved log in as your subaccount - top left corner of the browser :)

• Like x 1
  14. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

you have to log into the sub account

• Like x 1
  15. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

*pops out of a garbage can* LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ... Neji/Hinata.

I love Lady/Knight ships. If I take these two and, for example, write them in a political-marriage fic where Hinata's the Hyuuga heiress who does away with the divided-family thing and then marries a Branch House member to make it really, really clear that she's not having any more of this nonsense, I get a Knight who moves from bitter loathing to grudging respect to loyalty and fondness (to slightly mad adoration, depending on how far I take it) and a Lady who's using him for her own idealistic ends. And intends to be a good wife, and loves him in her way, but is still macking on him for ~the greater good~ and not because, you know, she actually particularly wants to. And he knows all that and understands the reasons and agrees with them, but even though she treats him like a peer and not a servant, she's still a member of the Main House using a member of the Branch House to solve a problem.

Result: Neji stewing in a mixture of resentment, devotion, and unrequited love, while Hinata gets more and more confused and fed up with her increasingly grumpy husband. They probably flip black at some point, and/or Hinata begins to realise that oh no, he's hot, and she knows they agreed to produce heirs because it's unwise not to when you're the clan leaders, but that was before she started realising things and now it's weird.

Bonus garbage points since they're cousins and that makes it incest in at least a few places.

• Like x 10
  16. jacktrash

it's been a while since i naruto'd, are they first cousins by blood? i thought i remembered something less related.

17. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I am preeeeeetty sure that their dads were biological siblings. I have also not Naruto'd in a long time (although I am valiantly trying to, currently).

Edit: Yep, the wiki confirms Hizashi and Hiashi were twins.

18. jacktrash

twins, even! so genetically, hinata and neji are more like half-siblings. very incesty!

19. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

The heirs might turn out cross-eyed, but I don't know how much of a handicap that would be when you can see out the back of your own skull anyway. :P

20. jacktrash

maybe it'd eliminate that pesky blind spot :D

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice