Alt selves and ancestors - HS speculation

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's been suggested there should be a separate thread for this so I thought I'd go ahead. Here's a thread for speculations (mostly mine, but please join in!) on the ancestors, dancestors, Beforan selves, etc of trolls, OCs, Whateverstuck AUs... take the baseline troll and play around. I really love the idea of exploring how they'd be different.

Recently ran across this version of the Beforus ancestors and I love them even though they contradict canon somewhat because they were made pre-dancestor-reveals. I guess Aradia would have to be the Timelady rather than the Time Lady though, to fit the pattern? Eh, the Grand Highblood doesn't fit so I guess the eight-letters-one-word isn't an absolute rule. Fuck you GH does what he wants.

I've found two sets of speculations on the Troll Call's ancestors, here and here. Potentially interesting ideas there. Already stated that I think Xefros' ancestor is Xultan Matzos, still not sure what his title would be. The Champion sounds reasonable?

My Tumblr friend, during a discussion on troll versions of celebrities, suggested the unrelated human writers Richard Adams and Douglas Adams could be a dancestor pair, but we didn't work out which way around. The idea is pretty hilarious though. She's the same one who suggested Troll Discworld be written by Tereep Rachet. I also concluded that Emilie Autumn is a valid troll name and Emily-with-a-Y from the book would have to be her ancestor; Emilye, Emiliy, Emylie?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice