An important poll

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by palindromordnilap, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Would you feel safer if I left the forum?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2017.
  1. Yes

53.8%
  2. No

46.2%
  1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

See the questions above. I'll give it a week and then check the results. No matter what, I will not contest said results, if I have to leave the forum, I'll leave the forum.

2. leo

leo Well-Known Member

I'd feel safer and happier if you got assistance.

• Like x 3
  3. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

This is a terrible idea that will not help anything at all. Just putting that out there.

• Like x 11
  4. palindromordnilap

Assistance, if you mean therapist assistance, is currently not available. French psychology sucks. So, until now, I think the best fit for that is "Yes".

5. Goth Polygon

Goth Polygon Hail, Remembrancer

I'm not going to participate in this poll because it's just helping you continue to self harm through other people.
    My opinion about this matter is glockenspiel.
    (Actually my opinion about this matter is well known but for the purposes of this it is glockenspiel)

• Like x 5
  6. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Yeah, this has the potential to be extremely terrible. I'm not gonna make you take it down, but the most useful thing has already been said: you and everyone around you will be safer if/when you get the care you need. Please reconsider this thread @palindromordnilap

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like x 2
  7. palindromordnilap

This is a legit question
    If there is a majority of yes votes, I will leave the forum for the safety of other forum members

8. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Speaking as someone with a statistics background, this is 200% guaranteed to get you skewed, nonrepresentative results. The language loading is going to bias people towards saying you should be gone (do you want to feel safer? do you want this course of action that I'm implying will make you feel safer? people are going to answer yes). The entire nature of online polling is HEAVILY skewed by response bias (people who feel more strongly about the subject are more likely to respond. since you recently did a thing that upset plenty of folks, the upset folks are more likely to answer).

Nothing has happened to make me feel unsafe, but I'd be happier and more at ease if you got external assistance to mitigate the problems you've been having. This poll is a bad idea.

Edit: changing people's answers that don't fit in these categories to place them in the group that will hurt you most is also bad polling practice. Stop doing that thing.

• Like x 7
  9. palindromordnilap

I. Cannot. Get. External. Assistance. This is the one reason I'm asking this.

10. leo

leo Well-Known Member

7 cups of tea is an example. Hotlines. Etc.

• Like x 2
  11. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I don't mean just therapists. I mean ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF. Some of this went into the debugging thread. That obviously didn't quite work this time around, but I mean any external aids at all that you can think of or lean on.

• Like x 1
  12. Petra

Petra space case

I'm not going to participate.

13. leo

leo Well-Known Member

Perhaps no one else should vote, to keep the votes tied.

We cannot be your therapists. I doubt people involved are willing to create a group chat for you. If there is truly no outside help you can receive, professional or not, then. Perhaps for more your sake than anyone else's.

14. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Fuck this whole safety narrative. Fuck in right in the goddam ear.

• Like x 7
  15. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Pal, you're welcome at my Tiki Party. Come and drink strong brown tropical liquor and yell at the ocean for a while.

16. this is stupid and counterproductive. find constructive ways to deal w/ your shit and quit making randos complicit in your weird self harm thing. if you need help finding constructive ways to deal w/ your shit, i'd be willing to go vet some online counseling services for you.

• Like x 12
  17. palindromordnilap

So, the poll was from a year ago, and I don't quite remember why I ignored the results, or if I did, I actually vaguely remember trying to leave but then giving up because social isolation.
    Do you think another one would be useful?

18. versi2

versi2 ???????

no

• Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice