Anecdata: Autopilot error

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Elaienar, May 15, 2015.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Aondeug Better than a bag of baby carrots into the freezer. (Oh, dad.)

• Like x 2
  2. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

I made coffee with cold water. :V (I could have sworn the kettle was warm...)

• Like x 2
  3. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Mom told me to get my clothes off of the drying rack, which is in the living room. I was like "ok" and went to do that, except not, because I walked to the back door and realized that I was not going to the right place when I reached for the doorknob.

• Like x 3
  4. IndigoRiffRaff

So yesterday I was driving home, realized that I had meant to go to rite-aid, but at that point I had already gone past it, so I was like "eh, I can go tomorrow, gonna just head straight home now". Except I did not just head straight home. I almost immediately turned into the Wal-Mart parking lot, for no reason.

• Like x 4
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

-> stand up, go to kitchen for something to eat
    -> move pot off stove into dirty dishes pile
    -> goes sits back down
    -> wow I'm hungry

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

aaaaaaaa i do this ALL THE TIME, if my kitchen's not clean i get super distracted every time i go in there, half the time i leave without any food and it takes me an hour to realize what's wrong

• Like x 2
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

was getting a snack while texting, put phone in fridge, took the rest of the snack into the bedroom with me. didn't notice until i was sitting down and working, and reached for my phone to check for texts

• Like x 2
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I keep going into my room to get my glasses because when i wake up i don't put them on automatically and i need them to watch tv or sit outside with the dogs, and i very frequently instead get to my room and grab something else entirely and leave. If I'm really wiped out this can happen like four times in a row

• Like x 3
  9. lobo

lobo Fandom Trash

When I was in middle school, I somehow made my bed with a rock under the sheets. But it took me over a month to notice? Like, I'd been wondering where my perfect rock was, and then one day I was just "huh, what's this in my bed?" and I took the sheets and mattress cover off and there was the rock :|

In recent time? Hm... Switching between wearing glasses and contacts, sometimes I'll put in my contacts, read, and then try to put on my glasses because I'm used to taking them off to read. That's a very common one for me. Or the other day I was getting dressed and started putting my pants on before my underwear.

Oh, and I caught myself when I did this Saturday, but I was driving to meet someone on campus and almost went to work instead.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    • Like x 2
  10. Boots

Boots Cats. Boots. Cats. bootsandcatsandbootsand...

Reading this thread and dying because I have done like 90% of this stuff.

My most recent autopilot fail was when I was driving to my physical therapy appointment, which requires a left out of my driveway. Work is a right out of the driveway. Both places are equidistant from my house, and therefore not equidistant from each other. Morning rush hour traffic means if I go the wrong way, I'll be late.

Guess which way I turned? (Hint: I was late.)

The other good one I did recently was when I was at work. I work in IT so I usually have about 10 programs open on my computer at any given time, and probably 8 of them are things that require me to type a bunch of things into them. I also have an especial fondness for the Solarized dark color scheme, so I tend to use it on pretty much everything. Notepad, browser, console/terminal, Powershell window....So a lot of my programs look really similar. But only one of them will run Powershell commands.

Cue me typing a command into Notepad, hitting "Enter", and then staring blankly at my monitor for 5 minutes trying to figure out why Powershell isn't doing anything.

• Like x 5
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

What is missing from this picture:
    1. Put on water for tea
    2. Grab tea tin
    3. Open tea tin
    4. Grab teabag
    5. Close tea tin and put it away.
    Hint: Teabags are not self filling.

• Like x 8
  12. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

How to make rice, Elaienar style!
    1. Measure rice into pot.
    2. Measure salt into pot.
    3. Measure water into pot.
    4. Put pot into rice cooker.
    5. Turn power on to rice cooker.
    6. Leave.
    7. An hour later, investigate confused noises coming from family members in kitchen.
    8. Discover family members are confused at pot of uncooked rice sitting in rice cooker.
    9. Realise you never pushed the button that makes the rice actually cook after you turned the power on.
    10. Push the button that makes the rice actually cook.
    11. Wait another half an hour and finally eat your actually cooked rice.
    I'm a grownup person who knows how to do things, and stuff.

• Like x 5
  13. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

I wrapped three Christmas presents, with the pretty Christmas-themed side on the inside, with the present. And I didn't notice until I went to put them under the tree and realized they didn't look right.

• Like x 5
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I just tapped the middle of my screen on a fanfiction to "pause" it hehe

• Like x 13
  15. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

a tale of years past:

who needs water to make pasta

apparently, I do

• Like x 5
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

- is freezing cold in room
    - turns on fan next to me, takes off second layer of clothes to get in bed
    - "why am i getting even colder"

• Like x 5
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I brought a cup of tea home from work and then got distracted by dinner. Just now, I decided I wanted to drink it and went looking. It wasn't on the counter where I left it or the fridge either, so I asked my dad what he did with it.

"It's not in the fridge?"
    "Nope."
    "... check the cupboard."

In his defense, he did put it where we keep the tea.

• Like x 7
  18. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

How to make tea, Elaienar style!
    1. Put water in kettle and set to boil.
    2. Retrieve teacup.
    3. Retrieve teabag and put it in teacup while wandering back to the part of the kitchen the now-boiling water is in.
    4. Bypass boiling water.
    5. Fill teacup with cold water from faucet instead.
    6. Cold leaf juice acquired!

• Like x 8
  19. IndigoRiffRaff

Yesterday I accidentally made a salad instead of getting my phone charger.

• Like x 10
  20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

how do you accidentally make a salad

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice