Anecdata: Autopilot error

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Elaienar, May 15, 2015.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I just spent quite a long time holding my toothbrush and waffling between three toiletry items. Aloe vera gel, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and contact solution are all good at adding moisture to skin without provoking breakouts, for various definitions of moisture. None of them seem like a good toothpaste solution.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

This morning I put milk and sugar in my tea and then tried to put the sugar bowl in the fridge. And just a few minutes ago I decided to make tea and did not realize until I took a sip of plain hot water that I had forgotten the tea bag.

• Witnessed x 5
  3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I was grinding coffee beans at work. Took a full second to realize that I had not put anything underneath the spout to catch the grinds. My solution? To stick my hand under the spout.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Things on the back of the sink:
    • Tap
    • Bottle of soap

Guess which one I just tried to push to turn the water off.

• Witnessed x 7
    • Like x 2
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

My husband tried to put the wok in the fridge yesterday and was mystified for a bit as to why there was no space for it.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I'm not sure I can actually call this autopilot error, it's more like ... input failure.

• Agree x 3
  7. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

In the right hand: my phone. In the left hand: half a can of soda and my earbuds.

Caught myself gearing up to casually toss my phone into the nest of blankets on my bed, which I do always, but from the wrong hand. As in, I nearly showered my bed with a delightful soda/probably-dying-from-soda-exposure earbud mixture.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 2
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Went to post a quote from myself in the no context quote threads. Tried to attribute to @kmoss and then couldn't remember their username. Asked them for their username on Discord so I could use it to attribute the quote i said to them.

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

10. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Putting a jar of whole grain mustard in the same cupboard, on the same shelf, as my jar of almond butter was a Mistake ;_;

RIP, breakfast crackers.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Witnessed x 8
  11. Panda

Panda Fuzzy critter

This morning I was trying to get a can of energy drink from the fridge as well as feed the cats. From a can. So poor kitties almost got a bowl full of energy drink instead of wet food.

Also carried around my 15 lb cat for a good ten minutes while I was doing chores around the house because of autopilot error.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 4
    • Witnessed x 4
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Winnest. Witnner

• Agree x 3
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

@Panda surprise workout! Kitty was just looking out for your health.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  14. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

Last night I got home from work, and I'd gone to bed before my boyfriend, and I guess I woke up somewhat when he got into bed with me and was convinced he was a customer (I work at mcdonald's). Apparently I kept asking him for his order and got frustrated when he was like "no, go back to bed."

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
  15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

My cats get a snack of dryfood in the morning, and wet food for dinner/their main meal. In a great autopilot error, I just fed them wetfood for breakfast

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

yesterday i was picking up my glass of water from my bedside table and i'd picked it up, but instead of holding it closer to me i, with my arm still stretched out, moved it like 7 centimeters to the left so it was over the (hardwood) floor and just. dropped it. it didn't break but it did roll under my bed. like. what was i thinking that would accomplish?? it was hilarious though

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I bet the cats didn't think that was an error at all.

• Agree x 6
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Of course not.

• Like x 3
  19. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Just tried to get into my flat with my train ticket

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
  20. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Things That Go On The Sink have specific places.

The sink got rearranged this morning for cleaning.

I tried to brush my teeth with hair gel and only noticed because it was the wrong color.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice