Animal Sightings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ephemeramuse, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

On the way back from work today, I saw a guy on a skateboard being pulled along by a large excited huskie puppy on a leash, and two (2) cats looking out windows.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I was taking pictures of pretty flowers at my family-in-law's place and accidentally caught this big ol' dragonfly in one

0730171157_crop_597x597.jpg

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I was at a sort of rocky river area and saw people with 2 doggos.... a medium-large, sort of brownish floofy dog who they played fetch with (the doggo came up to me to snif, leaving wet doggo footprints on the weird rocks) and a small orange pomeranian type

Also birds from other days

A seagull i posted in the general chat thread. Lurked near this car when i approached

20170809_154609.jpg

From several days ago, ducks!! Note the sleeping dux. I think they were the young :3
    20170812_212822.jpg

This was earlier when someone was throwing down birdseed for them ot something. t h e y f e a s t (feat. little assorted quacking sounds)

You can barely see a dog in the upper right corner. When that dog or other doggos approached with their people, the ducks just all took off at once with this WHOOMF of wing sounds. Altho the second time i saw, a bunch of them stayed put to continue eating
    20170812_212851.jpg

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. Birdy

Birdy so long

I love long drives in forested country because you see so many hawks perched over the road

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Met a Frog at mini golf

0806171437_crop_597x854.jpg

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. LadyNighteyes

Saw a deer in the woods.

• Winner x 3
  7. Birdy

Birdy so long

me: kayaking
    a seagull: in the water
    me, shouting: BIRD!!! Hey bird!! Bird, hey! What's up dude!!! Big fan, man, huge!!!! Ring billed gull!!! Hey!!! Hey dude!!! Bird!!!! Bird, hey!!!!!
    seagull: paddles away very fast
    me: oh

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  8. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I work at the mall of America and every morning I work I go up the escalator where I can see the petting flap flaps in the aquarium below :3
    image.jpeg

• Winner x 5
  9. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

A MALL WITH LIVE ANIMALS

AND PANCAKES

• Agree x 2
  10. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

The best thing about these flap flaps is that they seem to actually like pets!! You just stick your hand flat in the water and they'll come up and brush against your hand. It's great

• Winner x 3
  11. Birdy

Birdy so long

yee rays do actually seem to like being touched? it's widely recorded in touch tanks, sometimes they'll even flap and smack the water to solicit attention if they're not being pet. no one is really quite sure why, since they're not social, but they do seem to truly like how it feels

• Informative x 2
  12. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

I love pancakes they are very cuddly in my experience

• Agree x 2
  13. Birdy

Birdy so long

Flushed some ruffed grouse while hiking this morning. I'd never seen any before, but they went away very fast!!

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Elephant Hawk moth caterpillar sighted crossing the pavement on my way to lunch today! It was a good 5cm long, will post video when I get home

• Winner x 5
  15. Birdy

Birdy so long

this morning I ran my kayak aground trying to look at a bird because I thought it might be something interesting

then I had to drag it back to shore cause I couldn't paddle. the silt went up to my ankles and I probably killed so many shells

and it was just an ordinary heron after all

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Herons are good tho!!!

Also omg kayaking sounds nice as hell rn

• Agree x 2
  17. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

I strolled around the city and i found a pack of flies that was so dense that when i showed my hand in i scooped up a buncha boys with me

And i saw two cats!! One which was hanging around a bunch of kids and suddenly jumped over the fence to meet them, and one that was just walking around

• Winner x 2
  18. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I love the service-dog-in-training at my office. Latest nonsense: trying to lick people's faces without letting go of a tennis ball. Result: lot of nose, not much lick, many confuse.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  19. LadyNighteyes

I saw Numerous Doggos while out eclipse watching because there was a big crowd around where an astronomy group had set up with pinhole viewers and eclipse glasses, and a number of people brought doggos.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@LadyNighteyes I have an eclipse animal sighting too :3

Lily and I were coming back from the train station and saw a sign advertising that if we gave these two kids $5 we could look in a telescope with safe filters and stuff, so we did so, but perhaps more interesting was...

A SMALL PIG IN A DRESS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She gently lipped my hand...

We hung out with the pig and took photos through the telescope and everyone there wanted to look in my cereal box viewer even though they were standing around this big impressive viewing device, eheh.

(Then two of the guys started talking about chemtrails? But they seemed very nice. :P)

Attached Files:

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice