Animal Sightings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ephemeramuse, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

(insert joke about No Egrets (Regrets))

A good and watchful bird

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

One (r)egret.

• Agree x 2
  3. Everett

Tiny squirrel that i forget if i uploaded already

20171019_142115.jpg

• Winner x 7
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Very small black fluffy dog named Harley Quinn. Maybe part papillon, because she had fluffy ears, which I scratched. She also had a sweater. It was very adorable.

• Winner x 7
  5. Juniperrome

Juniperrome I Have A Hammer

Went to the pet store with my sister yesterday to buy Candlenights presents for her friends’ dogs and got to see a bunch of parrots (I think they were parrots? The big colorful birds). The largest one got on my arm and climbed onto my shoulder and nibbled my glasses and fingers. I’ve never had a bird or petted one so once I stopped being nervous it would bite me it was a fun experience. I squeaked a dog toy for it and it squawked back. The feet were an interesting texture as well, not nearly as rough and scary as they looked.

• Winner x 6
  6. Everett

Puppy alert: someone at the starbucks is carrying a small black pup. So smol! So puppy! The starbucks workers get to patto.

• Winner x 8
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Saw a very happy- looking golden retriever teenager the other day. Also many happy dogs playing at the dog park.

• Winner x 1
  8. PotteryWalrus

My neighbours have a 10 week old boston terrier called Jellybean. She's the only thing that's made me smile in a week. (Guess who's having a really hard time with SAD rn)

• Winner x 2
  9. versi2

versi2 ???????

I went to the zoo today and the rhino was VERY close. It was awesome. It was going along eating all the fallen leaves in its exhibit, and since there was a branch caught in the fence near where I was it came up to snuffle at me. I recently got a smartphone so I even have video!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lsvZGrhb68DHVKbf1

EDIT: Oh yeah I got a video of the tigers too. They were all pretty sleepy but it was still good. There are 4 cubs.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AZw74Z4XeOHFMndd2

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Winner x 7
  10. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

• Winner x 3
  11. cleverThylacine

I petted an adolescent husky today on the way home from work and dinner.

And yesterday, on the way to work, I saw a lady walking her little three-legged dog, who was jumping around cheerfully without a care in the world being adorbs.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. PotteryWalrus

I walked home from the doctor's along the canal last night. I fed one of the two local swan couples (Dunworry I brought a bag of oats for them rather than bread) numbered 154 and 153. I'm p sure they're a het couple because 153 is maybe 15% smaller than her partner, but their beak colour and knob sizes are the same, so -shrug-

I also fed about half a dozen mallard ducks, saw at least another dozen while I was walking home, as well as a pair of Canada geese and a couple of coots. I also also got to pet a jack Russell terrier and a very friendly bichon frise since the towpath is popular with dog walkers :D

-sigh- I REALLY want a dog :/

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Waiting for my ride home from work on Friday, I spotted a man walking a dog in our parking lot, and the dog was wearing a shirt with other dogs on it.

• Winner x 9
  14. Everett

newsworthy borb
    Resized_20180217_134134_8076.jpeg

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 1
  15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

There's!!! A service golden retriever at the attraction I work at!!!! He's such a good boy!!!!!

• Winner x 7
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

IMG_20180303_110217504.jpg

IMG_20180303_110227704.jpg

There's chicks at the feed store!

• Winner x 11
  17. Everett

bab birbs!! they Warm...

• Agree x 2
  18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I love it when they have chicks!

• Agree x 7
  19. Dragon Drop

Dragon Drop New Member

I live right next to a lake and the swans know me well enough that they let me come hang out with their babies, has improved my life by at least 27% overall

swans.JPG

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  20. cleverThylacine

I am super impressed because in my personal experience swans and geese do not like humans. You are a Good.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice