Animal Sightings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ephemeramuse, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

saw some magpies yesterday with Very ruffled feathers looking Very angry about the amount of wind

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

spooked a shag, twice, while kayaking
    suspect it was the same shag because it swam away from me in the direction i was going the first time

also saw some swans. turned around and went in the other direction when they started looking at me.

then when i went back to shore five ducklings came up, and bumped into my hand a lot (!!), and tried to eat bits of the kayak and also my other hand (which did not hurt, they just sort of...nibbled at it)

when mum went for a swim the swans went and Inspected her like, "what is this human doing in the water", and one of them shed a feather so we took a swan feather home

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Finally encountered the two yappy dogs who live upstairs. They're very cute, even if they are very annoying. They yapped at me.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Saw a cat in an upstairs window while walking home at night. Backlit and surveying the street. Lying like a sphinx on the top of a cat tower.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  5. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

A very excited three legged husky pup said hi to me on her walk today!

• Winner x 6
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Went up into ft worth today and saw how much it's changed since we lived there. One of the new places we saw was a place called mutts, and it was essentially a tiny little dog meals shack (with a few human choices I'm sure) with outside seating. There were So Many Dogs :D

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

there are two/three tuis that hang around outside my house (there were definitely three for a bit but unsure if one has left)

and make...tui noises...loudly...at 7am

sometimes they get into fights over the feeder

• Like x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I googled to find out what tui noises sounded like and the first video that popped up had the phrase "like an organic R2-D2" in the description and I think that's beautiful.

• Informative x 1
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

also there is a ruru (a kind of owl) that lives in the gully behind our house (it's forested, there's a stream and stuff)

i haven't seen it but i have heard it calling repeatedly at 1am

it sounds a bit like "ru-ru" and a bit like "more-pork" and one time it was making the call so closely together it was just like "ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru" and i had my ears both at least partially covered in bedding and that meant that instead of owl noises my brain interpreted it as distressed electronics noises so i was suddenly really awake like What Is Going Horribly Wrong

nothing

it was just a shouting owl

• Witnessed x 3
    • Winner x 2
  10. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I love getting to play with the service dogs being trained at work, because 1: service dogs! And 2: they're so happy to be off-duty so they can lick people's faces and try to vacuum crumbs off the floor.

• Winner x 5
  11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

We're collecting stuff at the mall for our student charity thing, and someone brought a puppy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 6
  12. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I came home today to a black void with two gold flecks sitting on my porch.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 9
  13. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Mom sent me these gorls, Georgette and Isabella. They were at her silversmithing course, i asked if they were students and she said yes

Resized_20190323_105643_5854.jpeg
    Resized_20190323_105633_5246.jpeg
    Resized_20190323_144123_7617.jpeg

• Winner x 6
  14. Azzy

Azzy 200% GUNK

Small and nefarious man spotted in the graveyard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Winner x 6
  15. Lizardlicks

Some very hard working puppies came to our office today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 6
  16. Lizardlicks

More puppies at work!

[​IMG]

• Winner x 4
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Are you flying???

18. Lizardlicks

Work on the 4th floor of an office building. Fun fact: we see fucking everything that goes on in the parking lot across the street. EVERYTHING.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. versi2

versi2 ???????

I think some mourning doves have decided to nest in the gutter D:
    I can just see the top of its head peaking over the top of the gutter. Looks like it's just sitting there, unmoving. They've probably already laid eggs. I don't mind, but I'm worried about what will happen if it rains?? They're at the very edge, as far away from a downspout as possible but I'm not sure that's any safer

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Witnessed x 3
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Saw and petted Catt

0406191514_crop_746x1111.jpg

• Winner x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice