Animal Sightings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ephemeramuse, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I saw a big fluffy brown collie on my way in to work today. I wanted to stop and ask to pet the dawg but didn't.

• Like x 1
  2. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Saw our two resident eagles again today! They were gliding above the road and then settled in a tree right beside the road. I wish i could have stopped and tried to get pics of them in the tree

• Like x 1
  3. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

have seen no cute animals this week, but I have seen three (3) cool rocks

• Like x 4
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I have not actually seen the thing, but there is a hawk (or more than one hawk?) that lives somewhere in the nearby woods and has been screaming every morning for the last week. It's not late enough in the season for this to be courtship-yelling, who is harassing the hawk(s). Please stop this.

• Like x 6
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Maybe it's confused and horny?

• Like x 5
  6. inchwyrm

inchwyrm I wear the cheese

So many good and smol bird friends have been visiting our garden since the feeder has been up!
    a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

We also often get visited by pheasants who like to clear up what the other birds drop on the floor. Last year we had Phineas, Phyllis and Phoebe. This year we have Phillip.
    e.jpg

he is majestic.

• Like x 11
  7. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

!!! your bird pictures are so aesthetic, how is your yard so pretty

• Like x 1
  8. iff

iff Well-Known Member

My neighbor feeds the street cats
    IMG_20161214_142133~2.jpg

• Like x 11
  9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It's a cat loaf train :D!

• Like x 3
  10. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I had a magical experience on monday morning. We'd spent the weekend putting up out christmas decs, including outside lights (nothing fancy, just a couple strands of rainbow-coloured outdoor fairy lights around the outside of the house and around the lintel and pillar of our covered doorstop. Mum also put a very sparkly fake bird out on one of the strands above the front door, just to make sure tall people knew it was there even when drunk XD

I was getting ready to go out, but just as I was about to open out glass front door, we got a very Stern and Proper Art Critic come to inspect our lights, aka, one of our tiny little brown wrens flitted down. He came close to the fake birb first, inspected muchly, then did a thorough examination of the lights wrapped around our doorstep-pillar thing. All while being close enough that had the door not been between us, I could have reached out and touched him.

(Very important birb notice - european wrens are SUPER shy, or at least they are in our area. We only ever see them in winter when at our bird feeder, or, apparently, when our lights need a very proper and professional inspection :P )

• Like x 10
  11. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Well I hope you passed muster, that's a very special inspector indeed!

• Like x 3
  12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I went to a coworkers house last night and they have 3 cattos and 2 rats that i got to meet :3 the rattos were from an actual breeder instead of a pet store so they were Actually Socialized and were totally cool to just sit on this new human. They were smol and friendly and i'm Glad

(The cats meanwhile were variously nervous, curious, and kind of Done with visitors)

• Like x 7
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

One of our neighbor's outdoor cats was in our lawn, and not the usual one! Smoke was watching us from across the street, but his sister was chilling, and yelled at me a lot when I got out of the car and crouched down to wait for her. Once she decided I was a Good Human she came over for scritches, and was an absolute purr machine for a couple minutes until we had to go inside and soothe our own loud kitties.

• Like x 6
  14. inchwyrm

inchwyrm I wear the cheese

We have a really good blackbird that likes to sit on the wall outside our kitchen window, and when it spots someone pottering around the kitchen it flies over to the windowsill and watches them. It's been hanging around a lot this morning and its presence makes me so happy!

• Like x 4
  15. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

not very recent but a while back i spotted a good ol sea eagle, and i sometimes see squirrels and doe when going to school

• Like x 1
  16. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

We've been getting a whole lot of blue jays at the feeder recently! Ive seen as many as 4 at a time but there are probably more in total. Also a very cute little downy woodpecker likes to stop by and eat from the seed bell on the porch

• Like x 2
  17. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

today I saw a mouse for about a second-and-a-half before it ran directly under the tires of the car in front of me :'(

18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

20161227_212049.jpg

A VISITOR!!! a lorge and soft boy, a good boy and friend. I love him. He probably belongs to a neighbor, i hope he visits again!

• Like x 6
  19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Spent a lot of today at the St. Louis Zoo and it was excellent. Discovered that hippos don't give a damn about the cold, saw an elephant eating a Christmas tree, learned that okapi are about twice as big as I thought they were, was judged silently by owls, was seriously tempted to touch puffins but did not, and saw a sea lion with a face that looked uncannily like our tiny Boston Terrier Missy.

In unrelated animals, my aunt and uncle have a big fluffy orange golden retriever named Simba who's afraid of cardboard.

• Like x 9
  20. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

We don't deserve dogs. they're so good.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice