Animal Sightings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ephemeramuse, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I GOT TO MEET A NEW PUPPER TODAY :D

My cousins have a four-month old red setter called Maple, and she is the happiest noodle I've ever met. From the second you meet her she's like 'HI HELO HI LOVE YOU HI' and since she hasn't got the adult setter tail floof yet it just goes whip-whip-whip. My cousin also has six boys - the oldest of which is 15 - so she has lots of human puppies to play and run around with :D

• Like x 7
  2. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I saw two hawks beating each other up above a marsh today

• Like x 6
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I saw a hedgehog today! It scurried past the front door. It's cold out and I think they should be hibernating, I hope it's not sick. And I hope it survived the heavy bombardment of fireworks.

• Like x 3
  4. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

There was a doe in the garden the other day. It had its shaggy winter coat, and was just standing around in the middle of the day while the dog stood at the front window and did her best to get it to leave.

• Like x 4
  5. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

A sweet and adorable and possibly homeless beagle (or mix thereof) puppy saw me getting in my car and decided it was Bye-Bye Time For Good Dogs and tried to get in the car with me this morning. He could not go bye-bye with me, so he settled for some pets and then ran off to find someone else to be cute at. Sorry pupper, I have a one-bedroom apartment with two cats in it, if you do need a home mine would not be good for you.

• Like x 4
  6. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

apparently there's a herd of deer wandering in and out of my neighborhood. buncha freeloaders

• Like x 5
  7. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

check out this handsome boy i ran into a few days ago

• Like x 1
  8. shmeed

shmeed plant me

the squirrels on my old college campus would beg for food. they would sit on the bus stop benches with you and if you were eating, they'd creep a little closer and closer, maintaining eye contact imploringly. they'd usually scatter if you so much as extended your arm, but one tried to grab a sandwich out of my hands. i still remember the feel of their weird little fingers on my skin

(one anxious google search later and i learned that squirrels are very unlikely to carry rabies so i didn't have to worry about that)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like x 4
  9. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The squirrels on my college campus were fearless assholes. I once saw a girl unwrap a candy bar and break off a piece for one, and it looked at the piece being held out, looked at her, then grabbed the rest of the candy bar and booked it.

• Like x 8
  10. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Things thawed out quite a bit today and there was a really big puddle in my driveway and the geese belonging to people who live a little bit down the street just.... came to visit the puddle? I'd never seen these geese roaming freely before but... there they were, splashing around.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 10
  11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

G O O S B A T H

• Like x 3
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm putting this here and not in the pet pictures thread because I unfortunately don't have a picture, but my roommate's tiny little tortoiseshell cat came over to investigate while I was making tea and stood on her back legs in the middle of the floor and craned way up to try to see what the mysterious noises coming from the counter were, and it was intensely adorable.

• Like x 6
  13. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

From here in Washington DC... not even in the suburbs or anything...

I saw. A mother. Freaking. COYOTE.

It appeared around the side of the gurdwara next door, jay-ran across the cross-streets, and disappeared into someone's backyard.

My brother and I went outside (him to smoke, me to be a nerd) and heard it doing that sort of yippy-howly thing a few times.

• Like x 4
  14. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

He's moving in to scavenge Trump's dying presidential career.

• Like x 6
  15. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I almost splatted a cardinal this morning when it dived across the road six inches from my windshield

16. inchwyrm

inchwyrm I wear the cheese

Spotted a leucistic blackbird in town yesterday! I think I might have seen the same one about 6 months ago and I'm so happy to see he's getting along well!
    13256438_1234309866593464_4405950571123606873_n.jpg

• Like x 11
  17. Birdy

Birdy so long

child!!!!!!

i looked in the mirror this morning

(obligatory disclaimer that i'm not otherkin)

• Like x 2
  18. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Yesterday I saw a doggo wearing a coat and booties who was Very happy to be going for a walk!

• Like x 6
  19. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

he's trying to be a magpie

• Like x 5
  20. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

The pet adoption people were at Petsmart with dogs today and they had a massive bluetick boerboel mix named EEYORE

this was the most perfectly named dog I have ever seen you guys

Since I live in a one-bedroom apartment adopting him was not even remotely an option but I did give him lots of head scritches and tell him he was a good boy.

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice