Animal Sightings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ephemeramuse, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

I've been in a beach town for the last couple days and have seen a skimmer and several pelicans, both kinds. 10/10

• Like x 4
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I saw a cat in the parking lot of the building I work at. I was totally baffled for a minute until I looked around and saw that there were houses nearby. Also I totally yelped "Kitty!" in front of several coworkers, all of whom I am at least 5 years older than.

• Like x 5
  3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

one person who lives at the same dorm as me has a golden retriever service dog and they are the sweetest looking pup ever and i love them from a respectful distance

• Like x 7
  4. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I saw a bird today. It was large. It may have been an owl, but I am unsure. It was out and about during daylight, but appeared mildly disoriented (as evidenced by the fact that it was in the middle of Boston). It was grayish, roundish, and, I’d guess, between 14 and 18 inches long, with a wingspan somewhere around thirty inches. The ends of its wings and its tail were dark and solid-colored, and that’s about as much observation as I could make from the third floor of the building across the street from it, when I was supposed to be paying attention to class.

• Like x 3
  5. shmeed

shmeed plant me

2.jpg
    I SAW A TINY CRAB!

i also saw many tiny lizards and a snake and a black glossy spider with white spots

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    • Like x 11
  6. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

[​IMG]
    Theres a LOT of stray dogs where i live but this was my first time seeing this handsome fella!! (I snapped the pic from my moving car, hence the blurriness.)

• Like x 6
  7. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Yesterday I saw two perfectly toasted marshmallows - I mean dogs. (no really that's what they looked like though, two very happy toasted marshmallows going for a walk :3 )

• Like x 5
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Watched a squirrel dig up a horse chestnut!!

I took a pic, I forgot
    squirrel.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    • Like x 4
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Helped take one of my parents' dogs to the vet today. Vet loved him, said it was the easiest eye procedure she'd ever done because a) big buggy Boston Terrier eyes and b) he just kinda stood there like a lump because there are few things he's more talented at than just kinda standing there like a lump. Also saw a little curly-haired terrier while I was there that was wrapped in a blanket and kind of looked like a blonde teddy bear. And a cow field that was inexplicably full of geese.

• Like x 6
  10. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Everything about geese is inexplicable. You just roll with it.

• Like x 7
  11. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I guess I should probably stop yelling at the flock that lives by my school that they're supposed to migrate, huh?

• Like x 1
  12. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I geese you should

• Like x 11
  13. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

My geesperience is they just appear in fields, eating grass and pooping

Which then leads to lots of bugs so you sometimes see crows hanging around after the geese have left town, om nom bugs

My mom spotted some good and round birbs

20170209_090942.jpeg

• Like x 7
  14. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Borbs

• Like x 3
  15. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Ah yes, the American rorbin, known for its two tones and convenient handle of a tail.

• Like x 4
  16. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Ours aren't back yet :(

17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Toasted marshmallow cat out in a carrier!!!

• Like x 4
  18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

image.jpeg
    I love this service doggo

• Like x 6
  19. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

@theambernerd your pic reminds me of the time I met a husky puppy on the bus to volunteering. He clearly adored his human, and he was Trying So Hard to Be Good. You could tell, because he would settle again every time his man looked at him, but then there was so much interesting!! So much smell!! Clearly going 'OMG I WANNA SNIFF EVERYTHING BUT I WILL BE GOOD'.

Good and pure pupper, 10/10 A++++

• Like x 8
  20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Forgot to post this the other day because it happened while the forum was down, but I got a pretty good look at a herd of about seven white-tailed deer. There were three pretty good-sized bucks and two of them kept fighting.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice