Anime club

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by liminal, May 9, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Oya Manda

Please read the manga if you can. Itagaki's art is some real good shit. She's got a wonderful understanding of how to use her medium to convey moods and time and it is just. It's some of the best comics as a medium shit I've seen out of manga.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Verily

Verily a very ineffective hitman

Just discovered “Cells at Work!” on Netflix. This show is so fucking creative. A red blood cell gets lost on her way back to the lungs after a bacterial attack in the first episode, “Pneumococcus!”, and with the help of a white blood cell they face down the last invading pneumococcus bacterium. Lighthearted workplace action adventure. I’m gonna laugh forever at people yelling about epithelial cells, like that’s a perfectly normal thing to shout during a disaster, and at how they got rid of the pneumococcus. Especially that. It was brilliant.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

it makes me feel both a little better about my stupid immune system -- it's just overzealous about trying to keep me safe -- and also very bad for all the minor mischiefs I manage to do to myself because those poor cells.

also i feel bad for this poor person that they're a part of -- at least in the manga, they had all sorts of shit happen to them in a relatively short time frame (considering the life of an RBC is, what, 6 months at most?), everything from food poisoning to having an accident bad enough that they needed a blood transfusion, if i remember correctly

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Agree x 3
  4. Verily

Verily a very ineffective hitman

Holding off on the potential spoilers for the moment, but I agree about everything else.

5. Deresto

Deresto Gauche and Insecure

Beastars pun

[​IMG]

• Witnessed x 2
  6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

S2 of One Punch Man is on Hulu and it reminded me to check if the webcomic had more English translations up. God, I love Saitama and his roundabout way of gathering friends.

• Agree x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

A Sister's All You Need was.. actually funny? It's trashy and kind of over the top but the base of the story is very good? Be prepared for a lot of fan service and inappropriate loli jokes, usually from the 18 year old chick but like. Aside from that, it's about light novel authors and a bit about the industry and in general was very amusing. I might even rewatch it in the future.
    tldr: if you want some entertaining garbage, go for it, it's like eating an entire bag of potato chips in one sitting.

• Useful x 1
  8. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

after watch #3 (one personal, and one each for two friends who wanted to see it) of Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous, I can say that I 100% recommend it to anyone.

heads up for
    tons of gem person 'gore', a lot of ptsd, a lot of amputation of gem limbs, and a lot of crazy shit. the manga's even wilder tho.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice