Anime club

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by liminal, May 9, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

i never watched lucky star and today ive been watching it and... i see why it was so popular? its silly, slow paced, relaxing. been a nice soothing watch.

also re-watched the rest of konohana kitan with a friend and god that show is gay.

• Like x 2
  2. Deresto

Deresto Was Eaten by a Grue

Ascendance of a Bookworm: I'll Do Anything to Become a Librarian is an adorable journey of a bookaholic who suddenly gets sent to an alternate reality that is set in a vague "long, long time ago" past, where only nobility, military, and the rich have access to books and writing

It's very cute and the plot tends to drag, but if you like books and making them, you'll probably enjoy it! It's de-stress fun but also feels kinda like the whole show is filler episodes even though it never strays from the main plotline lol

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I love that one

• Agree x 1
  4. Deresto

Anyone else checked dorohedoro yet? It's weird but I love it! Obligatory heavy gore and extreme violence CW, but nothing sexual.

Basic plot as far as I can tell is there are sorcerers living in an alternate dimension, who use magic individual to them called smoke, and it can do a lot of different things. They use dimensional doors to go to a city called Hole and practice their magic on regular humans. One of said humans is named caiman, he is an experiment gone wrong who's head has been turned into a lizard's and he is constantly searching for the sorcerer who did it, killing many on the way.

It's very fun and the art style is unique in that it's not your regular skinny, big eyed, and sparkly bishoujos and bishounens. Most all characters are really beefy actually. Also the fight animations are very *chef's kiss*

• Informative x 1
  5. Deresto

Hhh I just finished Dorohedoro's first season and I'm just *distressed Deresto noises* but also the pinky promise is Good.

Also, final ep background art is very heavily leaning post-apoc and honestly I'm here for it

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020 at 10:09 PM
    • Like x 1
  6. Verily

Verily a very ineffective hitman

I'm watching pretty much the entire back catalog of anime on Netflix that I haven't seen yet if it seems remotely appealing. I don't like slice of life, but drama without absurdity can get a little too heavy pretty fast.

I enjoyed the hell out of Black Butler. It's very morbid, but it never forgets to also be extremely, gleefully weird. Dark but fucking hilarious. I just can't not love a show that goes out of its way to comfort the audience with Hamlet, the most comforting of plays! It knows exactly what it's doing, has all along, and will prove it with a Hamlet disaster.

I think I would have liked Code Geass more if I'd ridden the hype train.
    It's entertaining, but I don't think about it when I'm not watching it. Mostly I think the main character is a huge jerk. That is interesting, but this show was super popular when House was still on air. It's not that I don't have use for that character trope anymore or anything like that, but maybe I would have been a little less skeptical about how it's conveyed. I'm glad we seem like we got the gist of the worldbuilding over with pretty fast because it's sorta uncomfortable in a bunch of different directions at the same time, but most of those details don't actually need to be what they are for the story to work. Maybe it would help to know either more or less Japanese history, or it will make more sense as the show goes on, I dunno. Mostly I just wanna watch the rest of Code MENT and understand the jokes if I'm honest. Also I'm out of Black Butler available on Netflix. I would have been up for fucking sushi hijinks or whatever, sign me up. Look, my taste is very... my taste.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice