Anime club

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by liminal, May 9, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

After I get through Starlight I think I'll start on either Ancient Magus Bride (I never finished the anime), Re:Zero, or Escaflowne. Depends on how I'm feeling. If I can be assed to find subs for Blue Drop I might watch that again. Haven't seen it since I was a kid back when it first aired. Also kind of want to rewatch Kannazuki no Miko even though it is trash garbage. I should honestly probably just rewatch Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito if I want garbage trash yuri from that time period since I actually like yamibou. It may be baffling trashy garbage ostensibly based off a h-game it really has fuck and all to do with but it is my trashy garbage. KnM is simply. An icon. An icon of sin.

• Like x 1
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Part way through a rewatch of Gurren Lagann. I got to the end of That Episode and then Crunchy decided to faceplant, leaving me alone with my feels.

Also love how I was talking to my dad during the commercials and all I had to say was "That Episode" and he knew exactly which one I meant.

• Like x 1
  3. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Have you read the KnM manga that the anime is based on? Less robots and dudes, more examination of how the cycle has been traumatizing both priestesses. Still trash garbage, but less trash and more garbage (or maybe the other way around?) Only two volumes though, which is unfortunate because it's only in the second volume that the author really figures out what kind of story he wants to tell.

• Like x 1
  4. Aondeug

I've read the manga, yes. Though it's been like...ages since then. So I remember it less than the anime it's based off. Anime I remember better because the anime was like...an event. I suppose? Is a way of putting it. What few anime we got were things like Marimite, so things like Simoun and KnM while trashy were looked upon and held up because LOOK WE CAN DO SERIOUS SEXY NARRATIVES WITHOUT SCHOOLGIRLS DOING NOTHING. I should probably give it another read through just because and to continue my research on this genre I love so dearly.

5. Aondeug

This is the last minute or so of a Chargeman Ken episode. It is entirely unedited besides cutting the other 4 minutes of episode out, as they were each only 5 minutes long. Please. Experience this. If you have not before:

• Winner x 3
  6. Aondeug

So the Burn the Witch OVA is good. Very pretty and very fluid animation. Kubo's style is something I've wanted to see translated into modern anime for a while now and finally getting to see it is just. Good shit. Gives me hope for the anime continuation of Bleach's last arc. Some hope...Yes...

The manga Kubo did for Burn the Witch is also fun. It's short. So far there's one "season" of four chapters and we're getting a second season at least. So he's doing limited runs. Which I think might work out for him better? Potentially. Either way. The manga's short and fun and full of Kuboism's. You got your obsession with fashion, you got your whacky tacks on folklore and mythology, you've got your titties and you've got your Kubo's usage of comics as a medium. He does some fun shit with sound effect lettering in this. Real fun shit.

I'd recommend checking out both the anime and the manga if you held or hold any fondness for Bleach. It's not reaching the emotional depths of Bleach and that's fine. Sometimes you just need his stylish fun having, you know?

• Winner x 2
  7. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

i keep meaning to actually watch Fang of the Sun Dougram but instead i just watch the opening a whole bunch. Very early 80s, giant robots, but apparently with a big focus on the politics and economics of the conflict as much as the giant robot battles.

• Informative x 1
  8. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

watched the entirety of Humanity Has Declined. It kind of dragged at parts so I gave it a 3/5 stars but it was a cute story and generally interesting premise. The fairies were nuts and I appreciated their weirdness.

9. TheMockingCrows

started watching BNHA bc all my friends pushed me to. it's interesting so far.

• Like x 2
  10. TheMockingCrows

:kicks in the door:
    Do you like Final Destination?
    Do you like middle schoolers dealing with cursed bullshit?
    BOI WILL YOU LIKE "ANOTHER" THEN.

• Useful x 1
  11. TheMockingCrows

Occult Academy is another series I just watched that is Excellent.
    Like occult shit? Cryptids? Spiritualism? Magic and mayhem?
    Cool, you're not like the protag, she hates that shit and everything about it.
    She also has apparently been waiting on tenterhooks for the ability to unleash extreme violence on occult things in general that cross her path.

a lot of twists, a lot of 0-200 moments, but they were enjoyable. and the side characters were interesting and had their own personalities.

• Useful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Has anyone else been watching To Your Eternity? Ive cried during every episode for one reason or another

Quick rundown with least spoilers as possible, its about an orb created by a godlike figure thats dumped on earth and basically learns about what living really means. Not necessarily a psychological thriller or anything overly mental, more based around feelings. Its sooo good y'all; as of today on crunchyroll theres 5 episodes out and they update every late monday

13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Also the orb has no set gender as of now and its played pretty well. Not as in overly paid attention to but instead its just a thing that is happening and no shit slinging so far

14. TheMockingCrows

• Winner x 1
  15. Aondeug

Bakarina and Higurashi are the only surefires for me. I am interested in Shaman King though. Kageki Shoujo I've been intrigued by but not enough to actually buy the manga. So I'll use the anime as a commercial. I'm interested in the concept of a series focused around the relationship between a musume-yaku and otoko-yaku but also like I dunno how I feel about it. Since like. Let's be real here.

We know why I'm interested in that.

i continue to wait for bleach anime

• Like x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Many of those! Especially though, as stated upthread, to your eternity. I'm really enjoying it a lot

• Like x 1
  17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Oh hot damn, new season of Magia Record? I'm also biting my nails waiting for the Wonder Egg Priority wrap-up episode to drop.

• Like x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

Chainsaw Man is getting an anime. Now I've gotta get off my ass and read the manga I guess, it's on The List tho.
    Anyone hype?

19. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Totally hype for it. I hope it's successful enough that we get to the end of the manga.

20. Aondeug

Very. It's got Mappa behind it and the pre-animated trailer looks sick as fuck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice