Anime club

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by liminal, May 9, 2015.

1. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

there's a manga adaptation that i feel is a lot better than the anime/light novel, since it spends more time on kumoko and ignores the generic isekai protagonist schlain/shun! i generally prefer the manga art to the anime's weird cgi animation, too:

• Winner x 1
  2. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

if you're interested in other anime/manga with deaf leads, there's also "GANGSTA.", which features a respectful portrayal of a deaf mercenary/swordsman in a mafia-themed setting
    there is an incredibly unique sports manga with an unusual animation style called "ping pong! the animation" that i'm a fan of

• Useful x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ranking of kings spoiler ep 20:

I've really been enjoying the good good ouken content (he makes me so sad and disturbed at the same time), and I really wanted everyone to finally defeat him and there be some sort of help for him and not. Not fucking him being crushed into a small ball and pounded into a rock, forever unable to heal himself. When despa covered his ears to not hear his brother's painful and desperate cries I teared up a bit. Why do I always go for the villains, man.

Also I really thought bosse was about to diamond crush that poor fucker like damn

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Witnessed x 3
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Even more RoK spoilers

Also miranjo's story in general is sad but. I dunno, it's hard to care for me? I'm trying to engage in her lifetime of tragedies and I really wanna know what the fuck is up with the demon character but is it just me feeling that she's extremely unlikeable? I can't engage at all here, they're trying to give her a redemption arc but it's falling pretty flat imo.

I am however enjoying the new king bosse implications here where it's looking more like he's had a lot more of a hand in the operations happening than miranjo does, despite what she thinks she's doing. Is she being just as manipulated as manipulative? I dunno how they're gonna wrap this up to all neat and tidy in just 4 more episodes but we'll see

I Adore hiling in all this, she's trying so hard

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I normally love redemption arcs, and while I liked the idea of Miranjo I just felt the execution fell incredibly flat...

And it really irritated me to get the Daida-marries-her-plot as a Daida fan, because I mean... yeah. what.

• Agree x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

:kicks in door: MY FAVORITE VIDEOGAME IS GETTING AN ANIME, YA'LL. And it's the best storyline in the fucking game no less.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 4
  7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

oh my god???

• Agree x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Watched the first episode of chainsaw man, and goddam I forgot how gory it is. I like it so far but I keep getting war flashbacks every time I remember makima's bullshit (no spoilers)

9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Can anyone recommend me a lighthearted comedy anime similar to nichijou, daily life of high school boys, and asobi asobase? Doesn't have to be school life but I'd like a comedy where they act batshit or overdramatic about little things like in those where it completely passes from a semi relatable situation into batshit overuse of their animation budget

10. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Bocchi the Rock has some high-quality overreactions.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  11. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Ya Boy Kongming / Paripi Koumei maybe?
    Ancient Chinese general and strategist Zhuge Liang, courtesy name Kongming, is old and dying, and wishes that if he gets a next life it can be in a world of peace where he can use his talents to make people happy. Then he dies, and wakes up as a 20-something version of himself in modern Tokyo on Halloween, and assumes he's in hell at first. He hears a young singer named Eiko and is enchanted and ispired by her singing, and later meets her and learns that she's about to give up on her singing career because she's not getting enough of an audience to make it. So he decides to work as her manager and get her an audience, using his brilliant strategic and tactical genius. I don't know if it's exactly the kind of thing you're looking for but it's pretty great.

• Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Mashle: muscles and magic isn't exactly good, but it is definitely fun. I cant stop seeing mash as the perfect mix of kakashi and gai from Naruto and the plot is basically Harry potter crack fanfiction. It's really silly and I find myself looking forward to fridays when a new episode comes up on Crunchyroll hopefully no offense to those who take it seriously, none was intended

13. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

hype levels CRITICAL, the wait till October is gonna be painful

Also we know how many eps now! Eight of them, each an hour long! Sounds perfect, that's an hour per tankobon if that's how they split it up. The pacing should work better than if it were a bunch of shorter eps.

14. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Gundam: The Witch From Mercury just finished.
    Much happier ending than I'm used to in Gundam.

• Useful x 1
  15. TheMockingCrows

watched the first 2 eps of 16bit Sensation: Another Layer, and I'm in love, the mc is such a fucking spaz lmfao

16. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Friend recently recommended Apothecary Diaries and it looks pretty neat! MC is a young apothecary who got kidnapped and sold as a servant to the imperial court, and was just trying to keep her head down and do her job, but she keeps getting involved in solving mysteries with her medical knowledge.

• Like x 2
  17. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I've been reading the manga and light novel versions, and yeah it's pretty interesting!

18. TheMockingCrows

ooh ive heard really good things about the manga, im intrigued to see the anime too, the show looks very quality.

19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

*Is scrungled*
    Dungeon Meshi!!!!!!!!!

• Winner x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

there's so many things on my To Watch and To Read list, yet here I am doing a rewatch of Lucky Star for the nostalgia feels. God I love Konata she's such a fucking vibe.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice