Anime club

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by liminal, May 9, 2015.

1. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Noted!

Hilariously I was rewatching Digimon at about the same time I started Soul Eater and I didn't think it held up as well as my bb-self remembered it. xD

2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

!!!!!!!!! they're making a mob psycho 100 anime! i'm so excite

spongebob.gif

• Like x 1
  3. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Go! Princess Precure is kind of ruined for me due to one of my former college roommates using it to troll one of my other college roommates, and now I can't even see fanart without cracking up. Just, regardless of the intended mood I burst out laughing.

• Like x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

reviving thread because i decided to google the summer lineup for new stuff (yes yes i know i'm late to the game, i usually don't follow this sort of thing) and!!! dang i'm excited for a lot of stuff!

• there's a mob psycho 100 anime! i know i've already said it but i'm still excited!
    • season 2 of shokugeki no soma!
    • D.gray man Hallow!
    • Danganronpa 3!
    there are others that look interesting as well, like

• Cheer danshi, an anime about a college mens cheer squad. sounds interesting.
    • saiki kusuo no psi-nan (actually the symbol for psi but i couldn't figure out how to type it), description sounds like an anime with a protag who doesn't wanna be a protag.
    • bananya, in which the description is literally "Bananya is a mysterious cat who hides inside a banana". there's pretty much no way i'm not checking this out.
    • also how did i not notice there was a phoenix wright anime already out i'm going to go watch it now

• Like x 3
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

also one punch man season 2!!!!!!!!! apparently. i dunno if this site's good, it's a different one from the summer lineup. if it IS good, opm 2 starts in fourteen days. and they're dubbing it as well, so i can finally get my friend to watch!

6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

aw, it's just the dub, the site was full of it. s'okay, it still means my friend can watch!

8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

So who's watching what in the new season? I'm currently liking Magical Girl Raising Project, ViVid Strike, Izetta the Last Witch, and Flip Flappers.

• Like x 1
  9. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Love Live! Sunshine is turning out to be better than I was expecting so far, and definitely is building off the original in a fun way.

• Like x 1
  10. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

11. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

*arrives one month late with starbucks* i was on a disney movie (specifically one disney movie) kick for a while but i've gotten back into watching other things, like anime, and oh my gosh i love precure!!! i've seen at least one episode of all the older ones (the ones that had the early style), fresh, heartcatch, suite, happiness charge (which disappointed me a little but i'm probably still gonna finish it eventually), gogo! (which i'm still watching), and mahou girls (which i'm also still watching 'cuz i think it's still airing and i'm behind). they all have their strengths and weaknesses (fresh for example has a really nice storyline but the animation style is kiiiinda weird+not as good of quality as it could be). i love other magical girl series too though--precure is just what i've watched semi-recently.

love live sunshine was really, really good (i marathoned it in one sitting;;; ) and i'd recommend it to anyone who liked the original series. i'm also watching flip flappers and that's really cute+has amazing animation quality+a really nice style.

i also still love gatchaman crowds, but i'm gonna have to rewatch the series so i can watch the second season/series, which i stopped in the middle of.

basically i love sci-fi-ish and fantasy-type stuff, along with stuff that has really good music or an interesting story. i'm currently not super into the super sad grimdark stuff, but i don't mind stuff that has grimdark elements in it as long as the ending is at least kind of hopeful.

• Like x 1
  12. I just watched Seven Deadly Sins on net/flix, pretty good stuff. Fairly standard fantasy with interesting characters and over-the-top action from episode one, in which one of the minor villains chops down an entire forest in one swing.

• Like x 2
  13. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

@tickingnectarine my friend watched that! can't remember what he said about it though. oh! for some reason that reminds me: has anyone else seen the shelter animation by porter robinson and madeon??? some people have been ??? about whether to call it anime or not, but regardless of that i think it's p neat. the music and visuals are really nice.

• Like x 2
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ive seen that, i liked it quite a bit. Meliodas is my fave. The characters reminded me a lot of the magi series, which is also on Netflix and p good imo if youre interested.

• Like x 1
  15. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

brings this back to say that i too like seven deadly sins & gowther is my no 1 fave

also i just watched evangelion & it was an Experience

• Like x 1
  16. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I watched The Seven Deadly Sins a few months back and was hooked from the moment that Melodias caught Gilthunder's spear and threw it back over half the planet or something ridiculous like that. It was the most shounen-anime thing I had ever seen and I loved it.

The characters are all so fun that I can't pick a favourite, but Elizabeth has a special place in my heart on account of her audacity. I mean, who sees her family in danger and decides the thing to do is hunt down the most dangerous criminal she can think of and see if he'll help her out if she asks nicely? She's got some pretty incredible luck.

17. kastilin

honestly i love all all the characters too, but i have a Type & that type is gowther & also guila
    (elizabeth is rad too)
    & yessss seven deadly sins is the most ridiculous anime
    the cheese anime to end all cheese animes

• Like x 1
  18. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i like magical girl raising project a lot! :D:D:D

and i've started watching vivid strike, though i'm not all caught up on that yet and haven't watched the other magical lyrical girl nanoha serieses yet.

19. kastilin

i started watching yuki yuna is a hero because it was late & it looked cute
    holy shit this anime is my jam
    i've only watched the first 5 eps so far but it is, to my knowledge, essentially evangelion with magical girls instead of mecha, minus the parts that made me go 'what the actual fuck nge'
    from reading the ep descriptions on netflix though, it looks like it's going to deal with what happens to a person after becoming a magical girl & the physical effects on their bodies

also: one of the girls is paralyzed from the waist down, her magical girl form involves ribbons that carry her around like spider legs. she is also a goddamn sniper magical girl
    her ultimate magical girl form involves a flying chariot made of guns
    togo is my favorite

• Like x 3
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I might want to watch that, sounds like it might be my jam too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice