anyone else doing the bullet journal thing?

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by whyguy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

I... guess I'll try. I'm sorry in advance, it's gonna look awful, I'm gonna skip days left and right... oh well.

• Like x 2
  2. devian

devian Well-Known Member

Okay here are some of my pages from March:

IMG_20170316_183243583_HDR.jpg
    Monthly spread. I quite like the little dot calendar, it makes it easy to skim over the month and get an idea what's happening without getting bogged down with too much information.

IMG_20170316_183254963_HDR.jpg
    Sleep + mood trackers for the month. I actually hate this mood chart layout and will not be keeping it around, but it looks fairly nice at least.

IMG_20170316_183317653_HDR.jpg
    Chart + log to keep track of when my succulents were last watered and their soil state. Got moved into its own notebook a few days ago so I wouldn't have to flip back through so many pages to look at previous notes.

IMG_20170316_183404759_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170316_183451598_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170316_183528981_HDR.jpg
    Experimenting with different weekly layouts, since I was having a hard time finding one that worked. I actually really like the latest one, though!

IMG_20170316_183431370_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170316_183508319_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170316_204114024.jpg
    Experimenting with daily layouts. I ended up moving the actual diary parts into a different notebook so I'd have more space for both that and the to-dos. The latest layout organizes things in a way I like, but it takes up a ton of space, especially for days when I don't have much to do (like these two days!). So I haven't settled on anything yet.

• Like x 2
  3. devian

devian Well-Known Member

It's totally okay to skip days, and it doesn't actually have to look nice. A lot of people like making their journals look all pretty because it makes them happy, but it's not actually a requirement. My more diary-ish notebook is very boring and doesn't look nice at all, and it still works for me just fine.

also sorry if my other post was kind of overwhelming? I wasn't quite sure what you wanted so I was trying to provide a variety of info, but in hindsight it seems like it might have been Too Much. I am sorry if it contributed to your nervousness :(

• Like x 2
  4. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Mine is nothing but text.

• Useful x 1
  5. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

It's okay, it's not your fault or anything. I was really tired when I wrote that and I have a lot of "you aren't good enough for this" brainbugs when it comes to doing a new thing (like journaling). I hope it comes out okay.

6. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

@evilas If you're anything like me, you might feel pretty overwhelmed doing a full on bullet journal thing. I showed an example of what I did instead, it doesn't have all the spreads that other people do and is really just a simple writing/art journal with a key in the front of differentiate between the sorts of things I'm writing about. Sometimes I only write one sentence, and I'm sure I'll get to a point where I'm skipping days (I'm still in hype mode about it at this point). There's no wrong way to do the thing! Rigs prefers just straight text, other people go all out with decorations and spreads, I do a little something in between. None of those things are wrong (though I definitely relate to wanting to be able to do things that look as great as other people's stuff). I know you've got a lot of brainbugs with these sorts of things, but please keep in mind that it's impossible to fail at doing this stuff, even if you stop doing it for a long time or skip days or anything. This is 100% for you, and you literally can't do it wrong. I believe in you!

• Like x 6
  7. whyguy

whyguy blarg

[​IMG]

april~

I think I've gotten into a rhythm I like

• Like x 7
  8. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

@whyguy THE SUCCULENT WASHI TAPE.....so cute so good

9. whyguy

whyguy blarg

• Like x 2
  10. whyguy

whyguy blarg

[​IMG]

made a krem collage

• Like x 4
  11. garden

garden lucid dreamer

so i finally filled up my first journal, which was just a regular, small lined journal my friend gave me. took 5 months to fill up

now i can start on my new journal, which actually has blank, un-lined pages! i can do spreads and things! I CAN USE MY UNDERTALE STICKERS FROM CHRISTMAS!!

also my new journal is atla, specifically azula & co.:
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  12. garden

garden lucid dreamer

spent a fair amount of time today setting up the new journal c:

my "spreads" are simple, and not particularly neat, but it's still fun to make them :3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(i can't bring myself to make a box for each day, like some spreads have. they look so nice!! but the amount of space i need varies a lot from day to day.)

• Like x 3
  13. nobodyspeak

nobodyspeak put me to your lips

I'm really trying to start this. Current dissociation/exec dys/anhedonia is massive.

I have a journal tho and pens, and have legit started. Hm. Encouraging to see others doing it and maybe I'll manage to keep up and join in?

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  14. rats

THRED REVIV GET
    i really like my bullet journal system - just a simple black dot-grid notebook, i would set up a monthly spread and habit tracker and then just go day by day, not over setting up - but ive fallen off that wagon a bit since the semester ended so im trying something new that i might like better

i've gotten really tired of lugging around two notebooks - sketchbook and bujo - and the bujo, while designed pretty chill and not too rigid, has left me a lot to be desired just in general. so while stakes are low im experimenting with a combo sketchbook-bujo, where i do my daily tasks and a monthly habit tracker in there along with all my sketches, drawings, pasted ticket stubs, what have you...and then use a combo of habitica and google calendar for long-term goals/habits/events

im excited to get it going for july! i hope it helps me out with this weird summer funk :x

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  15. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Hm... I'm already using a week-per-page yearly diary to keep track of future appointments (and I save them so I can refer back to when important stuff happened), I have a page-per-day diary for 2018 (kind of an impulse buy) where I note down important happenings and track my mood, and I use expendable to-do lists for daily stuff.

I suppose I could take a shot at combining them together.

• Winner x 1
  16. Meagen Image

I went notebook shopping while I'm in Poland, since stuff tends to be cheaper here than the UK, and graph paper notebooks are plentiful.

I even found some thick notebooks of dotted paper with "bujo" on the cover, but they were 60 zloty (about $16). I just got a simple 80-page A5 notebook, graph paper pages, hardcover, to start out with. 13 PLN ($3.50). That's enough for an initial experiment.

• Winner x 1
  17. Meagen Image

OK, so

At first blush, the Future Log and monthly pages are not as useful for keeping track of my appointments as a regular diary. In a diary I can write down the time and place of a meeting under the correct date, and once I get to that week I am automatically reminded of it. Also, I can easily tell at a glance how busy any given week is, at any future point of the year. The Future Log has a limited amount of space for my purposes, and the monthly pages are supposed to be created as needed... I'm going to have to think about this.

18. rats

yeah ive found that as well - my happy medium is to use google calendar for due dates/scheduling, and then i use my bujo to habit/mood track and day-to-day to-do lists

19. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Necroing because I just REALLY got to work on the bullet journaling thing!! Here’s my key!
    DD133110-A23C-4240-8088-FAECDA0A1A54.jpeg
    It’s pretty simple but I think it’ll work for my purposes c:

• Like x 6
  20. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

tbh thanks for the necro!! I've gotten my life slightly more in order, enough so that i'm doing enough things that i really need a method for writing down and more organizedly planning them. so. yes i should grab the notebook that my work gave me and start bullet journaling

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice