anyone else doing the bullet journal thing?

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by whyguy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

I AM FINALLY LITERALLY CAUGHT UP IN MY BULLET JOURNAL

... which means putting together my spread for next week again, aaaaa. time keeps getting away from me how is it already halfway through january

• Like x 1
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Hey cool
    I like this whole idea

• Like x 1
  3. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

May I ask what the "washi tape" people keep talking about is used for? Just decorating? Is there some organizational purpose it can serve?

4. whyguy

whyguy blarg

generally it's used at the edges, header, or as dividers, as a quick way of sprucing up a page without spending a lot of time

one way I like to use washi that is particular useful is that I fold a long piece of it along the edge of my monthly spread, so that I can see when the journal is closed where each month begins

[​IMG]

like so! the red on the edge of the page is where january starts

• Like x 6
  5. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I'm going to use it as tabs in addition to decoration, like a way to easily flip to certain spreads. I dig @whyguy 's idea though!

• Like x 2
  6. eddie

eddie ...

Bullet journal initiated based on my ideas of how should be, rather than trying to follow a plan. I'd get much too obsessive.

For now, simple jots of necessities and potential plans, like my work and school schedule, as well as reference notes for bf's insulin stuff.

• Like x 5
  7. pixels

I ACTUALLY LAID OUT THIS WEEK AHEAD OF TIME

NOW I JUST NEED TO REMEMBER TO USE MY WEEKLY MOOD/MEDS/WEATHER TRACKERS

• Like x 4
  8. whyguy

whyguy blarg

I did a couple spreads yesterday, as well as took a picture of an older one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I went with a more minimal theme for the 4th week of january because there was quite a bit of bleedthrough from the page before

also took a picture of one of my commission trackers, and set up february! I've decided on a totoro theme, which is looking kind of halloween-like, but one month isn't enough for that aesthetic so w/e

• Like x 6
  9. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

OH SNAP that commissions spread! Good idea!

Can I ask how you plan on filling in your habits tracker?

• Like x 1
  10. whyguy

whyguy blarg

I have it lined up to the days of the month on the lefthand side of the spread, so I just mark them with an x as I complete them

x's work well for me because I have things like "take meds" which I do twice a day, and "eat vegetables twice a day" so I can half fill them as the day progresses

• Like x 3
  11. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

So I'm actually trying a layout this week.

It's based on this:
    15965163_1508278349186878_1902751908971222905_n.jpg

Mine looks like this (bad phone pic):

0115171341-01.jpg

As a bonus, I moved some stuff around and now have an open writing desk:
    0115171341-00.jpg

• Like x 9
  12. whyguy

whyguy blarg

I really like that :o

HMMM I've been dissatisfied with my weekly spreads and this is giving me ideas

13. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

I have started my journal I love it so much. Everything in aus is expensive but I wanted to start the journal asap so found exactly one dot matrix notebook (20 fucking dollarydoos) and I'm loving it.

IMG_20170116_222139.jpg

Featuring my kitty post-its from Daiso

• Like x 3
  14. pixels

dude that's awesome. i love the Jan in particular, it's really cute to me. also a+ quality postits. come join team freehanding, i refuse to use rulers in my dot matrix journal as well and i think it turns out more... progress not perfection that way. high five

15. whyguy

whyguy blarg

yeah, I think having everything be a little bit off from freehanding makes the inevitable mistakes not quite so glaring

that's why I prefer to freehand

16. whyguy

whyguy blarg

[​IMG]

I wanted to try out the collage style I've seen some bullet journalers do, and I r eally enjoy it

I wish I could do this for a weekly spread, but I need way more brainstorming space than that, so for now I plan to experiment with decorating my regular journaling pages like this <3

edit, filled out:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like x 2
  17. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

Your journal is so gorgeous @whyguy

Got glitter/metallic gel pens and some thin washi tape to match the shininess of my journal.

IMG_20170118_153448.jpg
    IMG_20170118_180435.jpg

• Like x 2
  18. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I have found a lined journal on a forgotten moving box and now I am wondering if I should use it for my bujo instead of waiting my stuff to arrive from China. The one I bought is a binder type with many kinds of pages to mix and match, but I want to start on February when summer vacation ends.

• Like x 3
  19. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

I use a plain ol' lined journal. I bought a bunch of them on clearance a year ago for something like three dollars each.

• Like x 1
  20. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

It's time for me to refill the journal I carry around with me everywhere, so I think I'm gonna give this a try :3
    it looks like it could help with a lot of my organizational issues wrt journaling usually

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice