anyone else doing the bullet journal thing?

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by whyguy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I personally just can't do organizational keeping-track-of-stuff things on paper; I keep my financial ledger and commission info and such as spreadsheets. But I'm enjoying keeping track of just general events!

• Like x 1
  2. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I'm guessing I'll use a combination of this and the stuff on my tablet for better searchability. The act of writing stuff on paper seems to help it settle into my brain for whatever reason.

This is the journal I've got now. It's one of the first ones I made in this style and I'm pretty proud of it, but now it's almost full so it's time to take the old text blocks out and put in something new. Right now it's got an even mix of sketch and drawing paper, and I'm thinking that it needs some graph paper and possibly watercolor paper as well, now that I've been doing the doodlewash thing (which works ok on the drawing paper for small stuff, but it's not ideal). I'll likely intersperse my daily spreads with pages of the nicer paper, so hopefully I'll be more likely to actually do my daily sketches.

IMG_20170122_165446~2.jpg
    most of the cover is reclaimed leather off of an old jacket

IMG_20170122_165523~2.jpg
    the back cover has a pocket in it for storing stuff. Just the vitals like old movie tickets and cool leaves. Important stuff.

• Like x 4
  3. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

Making a spread for my Fiji plans (travelling there for my bro's wedding)

IMG_20170123_131820.jpg

Drawing and cutting out works for me, prevents bleed through and ensures I don't fuck up and trash everything.

• Like x 4
  4. whyguy

whyguy blarg

I turned a spread I wasn't using into a spread for collecting words I like and want to use more

[​IMG]

aaand I made a spread for stuff I enjoy from my da:i group rp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
  5. Ducks

Aaaaaaah all those are incredible

I'm just having a ffvii nostalgia trip.

IMG_20170126_131357.jpg
    Bonus Feb spread with native Australian violets:

IMG_20170124_194631.jpg

• Like x 3
  6. whyguy

whyguy blarg

ooh, I like that way of arranging your days, I may try that

having an uneven number of days is the constant struggle of bullet journaling, I feel

• Like x 3
  7. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ive been making stickers for my bullet journal bc its more fun than buying them so if anyone wants some free Aesthetic(tm) stickers pm me ur address and ill make and send u a cute assortment eventually

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  8. whyguy

whyguy blarg

this week's spread

I think I'm gonna stick with this simple layout for a few more weeks, since I'll be busy moving soon

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  9. Ducks

@rats your pics aren't displaying for me :(

10. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ughhh i thought that might happen, am lazy, will fix later

11. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I haven't been making mine super pretty, but the system is kind of astonishingly functional. It's actually been helping my ADHD ass stay organized, which is a feat and a half.

• Like x 1
  12. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I keep forgetting to do this, unless I actually do something that day... I missed like two weeks, whoops

• Like x 2
  13. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Same here, I can't... on a day when I don't accomplish anything, I end up not journalling at all, even though I like to also journal events and other things that aren't related to what tasks I did or did not accomplish that day. So I've journalled about three times in the last week.

• Like x 1
  14. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I finally started setting it up for this school year! It's pretty barebones atm because my life isn't exactly full of stuff to do and I'd feel really stupid putting household chores in a journal (i mean, i can see the dishes need doing; i live in this house) so for now it's just a monthly page(s) and a calendar-ish thing for keeping track of my medication, because i need to get back into this whole "regularly taking antidepressants" thing + melatonin use to track my insomnia spikes. I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the pages, though. Detailed weekly spreads seem kind of a waste, because I don't really do that much stuff, and seeing the empty boxes just makes me anxious. I want to make all organized with a reasonable number of pages allotted for each thing so the nice journal i wasted instead of waiting for the mini binder doesn't become a huge ugly mess, but i'm just sort of out of ideas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  15. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

I finally bit the bullet (heh) and bought the shiny colorful pens from Amazon. Staedtlers are indeed expensive but Amazon gave me a slightly better deal on them over stabilos for more colors, and the other off brand ones had mixed reviews, so I will hopefully be getting my money's worth, but idk.

I also got these tab things bc someone said they were helpful and I could probably use more than just the two bookmarks my bujo has.

16. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Got me a good journal and a decent pen, LET'S DO THIS

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  17. pinnedbutterfly

My pens arrived today! They are Very Pretty.
    IMG_3476.JPG
    I'm p excited to get to use them, for both my bujo and for other things. :>

• Like x 4
  18. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Oh shit, those look choice. If you have time, I'd love to see a page with all the colors on it. Or know how they bleed through pages if at all. :o

19. pinnedbutterfly

I'd be happy to make one sometime today! I need to set up my monthly tracker of various things, too, so I'll check for bleedthrough via that as well.

• Like x 1
  20. pinnedbutterfly

i fell asleep early so I only just got around to doing this, but here's the color test!
    IMG_3477.JPG
    it's not as close as I would have liked but there'd be a giant shadow had I tried that. I might take another picture when it's light out. Overall they're nice colors though!

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice