Arachnophilia

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, Feb 15, 2016.

?

favorite octokitten?

1. jumpers

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. orb weavers

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. tarantulas

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. trapdoor spiders

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. those cartwheel spiders that roll down sand dunes

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. other (splain!)

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

a good floof spidey!!!!

2. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

My favorite plush-looking one is the fluffy camel spider.

3. Aqua Vitae

4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh nooooo what assholes! poor smol kathy and poor upset spider! yeah, that would definitely leave an impression. D:

• Like x 2
  5. jacktrash

what a beautiful floof <3

• Like x 1
  6. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Hello yes I love spiders okay one of my favourite OCs is a spider-god known as the Linewalker that looks like a soft-silky-shaggy grey tarantula the size of a flatbed truck. He is very chill and friendly and was inspired by watching the little house spiders go in and out of the cracks around my bathroom doorframe :P

I love spiders and would have selected all of those options on the poll but I went for the cartwheel spiders just because they're so ridiculous <3 I love those tiny little peacock jumpers, as well, and their epic samba XD

7. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

random facts from former tarantula owner! pinktoes are great beginner spides, but they're arboreal, so they're a little faster than your average ground-dwelling or burrowing tarantula, so it might be best to start with one of those rather than a pinktoe if you're worried about your fuzzy friend escaping during feeding time :P
    (that's why i got my rose hair!)

i hope this didn't sound condescending i'm really sorry if it did 3:

• Like x 1
  8. jacktrash

n0, not at all! i've actually been wondering whether i can safely keep a pet spider even tho i have cats, and i'd been thinking of a pinktoe but if they're speedy i should give it a miss. cuz if it gets out, it'll probably get in trouble with the kitties. i need a chill beastie that will stay in its house, or slowly walk on my hands, but not run away.

re: fictional spiders -- in my DtD game, murphy the space cowboy and his husband jake were given a pet spiderbat for a wedding present. it's basically a jumping spider the size of a cat which can glide. murphy named it chaz, and taught it to ride on his shoulder, and he doesn't understand why not everyone loves chaz like he does. chaz is so fuzzy, and has so many little round shiny eyes, how can you not love?

• Like x 3
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

cats and spiders should be okay! i would say make sure the enclosure is weighty enough that a cat can't knock it over or get into it and you should be golden! my cats were more interested in the crickets, at any rate :p but yeah, for handling and general easier-keeping, a rose hair is probably your best bet :D i didn't handle my girl often but she was super fuzzy and chill, never flicked hairs on me or anything

• Like x 1
  10. emythos

i have an oc who is a redheaded mouse spider accidentally turned into a human by some experimental magic. Nova, the wizard who did this, was not INTENDING for that to happen, and is still trying to figure out what happened.
    Her name is Missy-Lena and she's not very bright. Because she has very little how to person knowledge

far off in the future of the story, they accidentally recreate the circumstances pf her humaning and have to adopt a baby black widow.
    Missy is talked out of naming her Natasha.

in other news, one of my friends wants to see if the school will let him have an Official Anxiety Tarantula.
    because hey, spiders are good for (some) people's mental health too!!!

• Like x 3
  11. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

• Like x 6
  12. jacktrash

that man has offended a god

• Like x 4
  13. emythos

or several

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

or else he has some disturbing personal habits

• Like x 3
  15. emythos

do not fuck the spiders

• Like x 1
  16. Aqua Vitae

My question is, why would you admit to this happening twice?

• Like x 2
  17. emythos

medical attention?

• Like x 1
  18. Aqua Vitae

The thread title is "Arachnophilia".

• Like x 3
  19. jacktrash

we didn't mean it like that :psyduck:

• Like x 4
  20. artistformerlyknownasdave

perhaps it was arachnia, queen of the spider people?!

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice