aroo

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Vierran, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Planned thread contents:

To Do Lists
    Quote of the Day winners
    non-depressing introspective ramblings
    My Day stories
    Animal Facts

Thread Policies:
    *shrug* I'll write some if I need them, I guess?

2. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Six days remain in St Louis

Today:
    • laundry
    • some more dishes
    • work on presentation
    • cook chicken
    Monday:
    • work
    • go to pharmacy
      • meds
      • cereal
      • chocolate
      • packing tape
    • finalize presentation
    Tuesday:
    • work
    • give presentation
    Wednesday:
    • work
    • start CPI
    • cook something
    Thursday:
    • finish CPI
    • general cleaning/packing
    • mail boxes if needed
    Friday:
    • work
    • review CPI
    • final cleaning/packing

3. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

So, boyfriend's mom gave me a copy of The Gashlycrumb Tinies for Christmas, which was great by itself

but, it gets better, because
    Boyfriend's mom had not actually looked through or been familiar with it before wrapping it up.

I unwrapped it and was delighted, immediately knew what it was, started reading aloud and sharing the illustrations. Boyfriend's mother listened/watched with a dawning expression of horror. Apparently the only Edward Gorey she had been familiar with was one of the very few weird but basically reasonable children's stories. The Gashlycrumb Tinies, for those not aware, is the Edward Gorey alphabet book that starts with "A is for Amy who fell down the stairs" and proceeds from there. So thanks, not-quite-MIL for the Christmas present that was your reaction to my Christmas present!

• Winner x 1
  4. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

It is so weird to be the mom friend and then your friend group acquires a bunch more younger people and you're overwhelmed by the urge to mother them but they don't know you and they're like wtf is this

5. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Ugh, so, the problem with small privately-owned PT clinics, is that, the patients, at least in the suburb I'm in. Are not. The people I wish to serve with my PT skills. Every single patient has an injury that is preventing them from golf or table tennis or something, no one is a cook at a Friendly's who has back pain from bending over the fryer all day. It is driving me slightly crazy. Also, of course, in this environment, we give a ton more individual care, and no one has commented on the mental health status of any of the patients at all yet. GYAAH

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice