arrives with matches

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by local troublemaker, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Well I have two very important facts about birds to start with:

They are literal fucking dinosaurs

[​IMG]

• Like x 12
  2. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

hey new friendo! i wouldn't say your views are in too much conflict with the general forum atmosphere, although for some reason any discussion of the ace thing tends to devolve into pages and pages of furious conflict?? it hasn't happened in a while but it has definitely happened more than once on more than one thread
    i'm pretty much in the same camp as you though wrt to inherent LGBT-...ness, and i think a lot of the Discoursing on tumblr is abstract to the point of being meaningless, not to mention toxic and frequently homophobic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway!! it's not exactly All Discourse All The Time here. for example if you are in possession of a pet i humbly invite you to the pet thread because it is very important to me that i see everyone's pets. please it is so important

• Like x 6
  3. local troublemaker

local troublemaker professional tumblrina

relatable content

• Like x 8
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

fight me

• Like x 5
  5. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

greetings im the current resident tumblrina (byf and straight jokes and All)

might be nice to have some1 less from the anti-sjw side of things ngl i dont always have the emotional energy/words to disagree w ppl

• Like x 3
  6. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

(Okay now I disagree that we're anti-sjws. Anti-sjws are a very particular sort of bigot in disguise and I really don't think that anyone from here fits that profile).

• Like x 5
  7. Aondeug

FIGHT ME LATILA

8. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Yyyeah. A bunch of people going "good lord could people please cool it on the Everything Is About Having Correct Opinions All The Time" is pretty different from, say, the MRAs and borderline fascists that seem pretty common among anti-sjws.

• Like x 6
  9. furrylatula

i mean i know for sure there are ppl here who self-identify as anti-sjw and i wasnt calling ppl anti-sjws? im saying the rhetoric here tends to fly too close to that side of discourse for my comfort but im usually not able to put that into words

• Like x 3
  10. furrylatula

ANYWAYs omg im sorry 4 startin discourse in your hello thread welcome 2 KS

11. Aondeug

Thems still fighting words. Then again comparing me to woccans is fighting words to me so im a weirdo.

On a more seriois note bello new person!

12. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I mean, we're talking about a forum where the proportions of trans people, autistic people, and mentally ill people is greater than 50%, here. I know a couple of people here might very occasionally use the word "tumblrina" or whatever (I personally kind of object to that myself because of the connotations of how that word is usually used), but I know that the usage is more narrowly directed at people who are engaging in antiesque purity culture and it is absolutely not the same thing as some dudebro mocking somebody because they're non-binary or talk about ableism or whatever

• Like x 3
  13. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

maybe someone's intro thread is not the Best place for this? unless you're cool with it @local troublemaker in which case i withdraw my objection

• Like x 4
  14. Mercury

I think some of the definition difference is due to there being such a wide variation in meaning in what people call an 'SJW'. The waters aren't so much muddy as they are a hideous sucking mudpit. I know I'd rather stay away from the terms entirely, since the shorthand is more likely to need extensive explanation than not using the shorthand in the first place!

ANYway, we do okay with disagreement here. (We're terrible about thread derails, though, sorry about that.)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like x 3
  15. local troublemaker

ahh, i'm pretty sure people here would strongly disagree with me on a few things, but i guess that remains to be seen. i wasn't sure how common disagreement on certain things was, so..at least now i know there's one other person who disagrees on something?

• Like x 1
  16. Aondeug

Sometimes we have civil conversations about it and agree to disageee. Other times we get into huge fights about it. Though generally we try to tend towards that first thing. Actual fight foghts have a spot too on the fighting board.

• Like x 5
  17. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

and then we have @Aondeug who is at least 120% fite me at any given time or place

• Like x 9
  18. Aondeug

Yes. I will fight all people. Though nonseriously usually. I dont like arguinf really. Desore tonfoght asode.

• Like x 2
  19. local troublemaker

oh man i wish i'd been placing bets on whether there'd be discourse in my intro thread, i'd be rich

i would prefer that discourse happen in other threads, but feel free to @ me, i'm a fighty bastard.

• Like x 5
  20. Mercury

I think some disagreements are more common than you're assuming, but for various reasons it just doesn't come up very often (like Aon said). And, well. There's a lot of weary-to-soulcrushingly exhausted people here; sometimes when you're a certain level of permanently tired, you get really choosy about the battles you pick.

But: I hear you on the armchair diagnosing getting out of hand and it may be something we as a forum are due to have a big discussion about sometime soon.

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice