arrives with matches

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by local troublemaker, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Ibfucking hope we do because it pisses me of tbh. The doagnosinf shit. Dont feel like picking that fight though becaise i have other fights to have.

• Like x 2
  2. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I second that this might be a good idea.

One of the best things about this place is that we're generally good at confronting issues and finding solutions rather than letting problems go unaddressed and silencing people when they're brought up.

• Like x 4
  3. kmoss

kmoss whoops

ah yes, the fight board. where we fight.

also hi & welcome! my opinions are many and varied, like most humans.

I'm ace(ish) which is probably why I'd disagree with you re: don't belong on lgbt+ umbrella, and I can see where you're starting from re: making fun of people who indirectly or directly benefit off of a system of oppression, though most of my opinions tend to deal more with "is this rude" than "is this morally correct"- so I feel like I can survive having a different opinion on it

eh *shruggy shruggy* enjoy your stay, don't worry about necro-ing threads, and if you don't see one about what you want to talk about, feel free to make one

• Like x 6
  4. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for when the argument on the failure-artist thread gets split (heh) off and then I'll talk about the armchair-diagnosing thing a bit. (After publicly apologizing for what happened, of course. I already pretty much did but it would probably be better to do it there.)

• Like x 2
  5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

As far as other stuff goes, well - Homestuck and Transformers may be common interests here but they're far from the only ones. There's 474 threads in Fan Town alone. You're very likely to come across at least one person who's into something you're into. What are you into? :3

• Like x 3
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Uh. Phrasing.
    Though there's also a forum for that.

• Like x 5
  7. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Buddy. Friendo. Pal. It isn't that questionable. :P

• Like x 3
  8. local troublemaker

local troublemaker professional tumblrina

yeah the homestuck and transformers was a joke. i like the mcelroy brothers, undertale, loz, a couple different things?

• Like x 4
  9. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Welcome! I'm Minerva and, shock! I'm a touch on the fitey side myself. Open to disagreements on anything so long as you're not an asshole about it.

• Like x 2
  10. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

(waves arms) welcome

• Like x 1
  11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Your matches will probably be welcome in the tiki party, we have a lot of beach cooking to do.

• Like x 3
  12. local troublemaker

local troublemaker professional tumblrina

i do love a good barbeque.

• Like x 2
  13. swirlingflight

For the record, when I hear "tumblrina" I always hear it as "tumbr ballerna" so like

I'm thinking some real Princess Tutu antagonist shit

Ballerina in a dark outfit with knives and matches, ready to burn down anything that's dried out and lazily taken for granted.

• Like x 4
  14. Morven

I think 'tumblrina' has sexist connotations so I won't use it. It's essentially "they're a bunch of silly emotional girls!"

I won't use SJW anymore either, because it's just become too fuzzy a concept to be useful and so often just boils down to "lol look at these people who care." I like the criticism meant by its original use -- in that treating social justice like a war leads to really bad things -- but especially in the hands of the right it's become essentially the 2010's version of "Feminazi".

• Like x 9
  15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i recall the origin of the word being from something that didn't have to do with femininity at all. i'm not sure what but i definitely remember being shocked by how that overturned my assumptions.

16. Morven

Some people think it's from Reddit's loltumblr subreddit, TUMBLR IN Action, but that group says it's not, so ...

• Like x 2
  17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

oh shit i also love the mcelroy brothers. hi!

18. Morven

But whatever it meant when coined, it definitely has that feel now.

• Like x 4
  19. swirlingflight

I think we need to pool together and give op 20 crobux for calling it re: tangent discourse discussion in thread

Sure the bet was never officially called but like. A belated welcoming gift.

• Like x 4
  20. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Speaking as a Homestuck fan, I say Undertale's close enough for this to work fine. I might maybe be concerned if you were a fan of Pushing People In Wheelchairs Until They Fall Over, but so long as you're not from that fandom we're cool.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice