Art Mentorship/Tutorials/LETS LEARN THINGS TOGETHER

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Void, Apr 3, 2016.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

That is what I usually do, but obviously Something Went Wrong this time. idek. I'm willing to just let those lie for now, because I just spent the afternoon breaking out my inking pen and prismacolors and

pugnacious.jpg

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I'd second Acey's suggestion of drawing the body first and constructing the clothes over the top? If you look at the legs in the second picture they look ok at first glance but if you try and picture them under the armour they're far too skinny. Try getting some full body reference images and just copying the poses until you get a feel for how proportions work.

I really like her expression and the details on the armour.

(Sorry if you didn't want concrit on that one)

• Useful x 1
  3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I have been doing full-body references - my brain is just *really bad* at accurately visualizing the physical space clothing takes up on top of a nude reference. Gotta keep practicing. but comments are totally always welcome.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  4. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Anyone (else) here do 3d modeling?

5. Ihasa

Ihasa Active Member

I do a little, but am just starting out really. Just enough to hack together a barely moveable model for my homestuck redesigns.

Can anyone help me narrow down these possible outfit items? I am doing captchavogue and trying for a romantic waif/dead husband kinda palewear look for Gamzee but my brain is not letting me winnow my options.
    Gamzee palewear 2023 ideas s.jpg

Edit: wow I did not realize just how dead this thread is. Sorry about that folks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice