Art School or Bust! [I DID IT!!!!]

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by wixbloom, May 22, 2015.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

It's time for the..........

GRADUATION BULLSHIT INTERLUDE

Getting great marks in my exams is great and all, but it counts for nothing if I can't graduate. Which I can, and will. But still, it's gonna require:

Final Internship: ONLY ONE MORE HOUR OF CLASS. AND A MEETING. AND A SHORT PAPER. Soon, I will be free. This Friday, actually, is the last class. I need to edit the video my students made and also need to grade their tests. Short paper I can write in one sitting, but I need to check its deadline.

American Lit Class: Both the paper and the final test are this Monday. The paper will be a weekend thing, and I'm resigned that it's gonna be crap. I don't need an A, I just need to pass. Which I will because 1) I am fantastic 2) honestly the expectations for this are........ really low........... hahaha. And the test I'm gonna do what I did in the last 3 tests I had with this professor and Just Wing It. I got an A with her last semester so, the tactic works.

Final Paper: I have reached page 10 - only 20 pages of copypasta to go, towards the tail end of which I'll be actually writing actual new words rather than just reorganizxing existent research reports and translating them into English. I'll copypaste the e-mail I just sent my advisor:

Request Complimentary Credits: Only ONE FUCKING CERTIFICATE to go, and it's being delayed. I already went by the office responsible to poke the people who need to do the thing. I've been promised they'll do the thing ASAP. If they don't, there'll be more poking to come. I wanna formalize the request on Monday.

Request Placement Credits DONE: THIS is a nightmare that has plagued me for two months and today the graduation commission people just. Sat down and did it in front of me. It took them 10 minutes. They'd simply forgotten my request was a thing. I wanna melt in relief but I also want to scream.

2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

OTHER BULLSHIT THAT IS STILL HAPPENING:

I have papers to grade. Which is absurd but still a thing. I'm gonna refuse as many as I can, but still I'll have a lot.
    I have a commission. Why did I take a commission. Am I insane. Or just really dumb.
    I'll have Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon both off. I was thinking of using Friday afternoon to go do the gender clinic thing but honestly? No, I can't handle that much additional stress. It's gonna be left for later so as to preserve the tattered remains of my sanity.

3. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

OH YEAH I'M ALSO PROBABLY SWITCHING JOB LOCATIONS SOONISH

4. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

GRADUATION BULLSHIT UPDATE

Final Internship:
    IT IS DONE!!! Now all I have to do is write the report. I plan to do that at the last possible minute. Not even kidding.

American Lit Class: IT IS DONE!!! TOTALLY DONE!!! ROOOOAR

Thesis: Is now 32 pages long with 7 pages of copypasta left to sort into 2 chapters and a conclusion. I'll have it done by Monday night. My adviser's feedback has all been adorable, encouraging and genuinely delighted at the stuff I'm writing, so I feel mighty!

Thesis Defense: Will probably be December 18. I hope my adviser is able to secure the people I want to be my judges in the defense!

Request Complimentary Credits: I finally have all the certificates. Tomorrow I'm taking them to the Certificate People to formalize the request.

• Like x 6
  5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Graduation bullshit is DONE. My thesis defense was amazing and I passed with flying colors. Everyone was really excited about my work and my adviser was really proud. Now literally all I have to do is Show Up to the Party in February. Thus, I officially have a University degree!

Now comes the FINAL STEP. Admission tests marathon (vestibular) which starts this Sunday and will go on until Wednesday. I'll keep you guys posted every day of the marathon probably. Wish me luck!

• Like x 4
  6. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Well...

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

I got into Art School!! 3rd place overall among 200 canditates :3

• Like x 13
  7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Sem título.png

• Like x 1
  8. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

YOU DID IT YOU DID IT AHH <3

• Like x 1
  9. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

holy shit 3rd out of 200?!?!?! WELL FUCKING DONE MATE

• Like x 4
  10. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Congratulations! That's awesome.

• Like x 1
  11. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Congratulations! :D

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice