ask anything about DID

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by chaoticArbiter, Mar 18, 2016.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

RWBY character, ding ding. My full name is totally, one hundred percent stolen. I call myself Yang Xiao Long. And I even kinda look like her.

Well...it's just like being any person, I imagine. It's not exactly easy to answer what it's like being me. Existing is...well, I just exist. I exist purely in someone else's head, but I'm still here, so it's not like...it's not any different than how I imagine what it's like for other people to exist. Although I guess I don't really know for sure what it's like for other people to exist, I just assume that it's similar to what it's like for me. Basically, though, I'm just kinda here. I...sorry. I'm trying to answer the question, but it's kinda tough. It's not really the easiest answerable question....if you could try and rephrase it, maybe? Or ask something less...existential. Sorry.

• Like x 2
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

*hugs if needed, just in case, I know what existential stuff can do sometimes*

3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

it's okay. sorry for jumping to the hardest question!
    (double apologies and a hug [if wanted] if it did do something bad like @palindromordnilap thinks it could've)

anyway, the mention of rwby made me wonder if you - or anyone else in your system - watch red vs. blue.

• Like x 1
  4. chaoticArbiter

Nah, it's cool. Existential stuff doesn't bug me that much, that'd be Cedar and Kailani that it gets to the most. And Gwen.

As for Red vs. Blue, actually, Cedar watches it! They're pretty much the only one, though. I pay...minimal attention when it's on. Enough to know there's some shenanigans going on with portals and shit, not enough to really know what the heck's up with the show.

• Like x 2
  5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so, then, what shows/movies do you watch/books do you read/other entertainment media do you partake in?

(i'd use the term 'fandoms' but since i get the impression that alters don't really participate in Fandom, per se, it doesn't seem like the right word to use - even though it is all encompassing in the way i was going for.)

• Like x 1
  6. chaoticArbiter

Yeah, we're not...really around enough to participate in fandom. Since that's kind of a pretty active thing, from the impression I get, at least.

Me, I watch a lotta RWBY. It's my favorite show, and where I got my name from, after all. I like to read detective novels, not that I've had much time to read many, and I think I like fantasy novels. I'm usually reading over Cedar's shoulder when they read spy novels or fantasy novels, and they're both pretty good genres. I watch kid's movies with Cedar sometimes, or watch horror movies, which I like a lot. Music's cool too. Kind of a hard rock person myself. Cedar's more an indie type. Uhhh...Let's Plays, I guess? I watch some of those with Cedar from time to time. JackSepticEye's pretty great, though Cedar mostly watches Markiplier these days. I like videos that talk about video game lore, and I like to watch people play things like Bloodborne. Pretty big fan of Bloodborne, honestly, and if I could play it myself, or get a chance to, I would love to play it.

• Like x 2
  7. chaoticArbiter

> Make a multiple system network in the hopes of meeting other people with DID
    > Someone applies with a factive of Dan Avidan
    > UncomfortableYang.png

• Like x 1
  8. palindromordnilap

Wasn't Cedar already applying to a multiple network?

9. chaoticArbiter

Yeah, but I decided to make one of my own, in case they don't get accepted to that one.
    ....I didn't ask Cedar before doing this, but I'm...assuming they won't mind. They probably won't. It'll be fiiiiiiiiiiine.

• Like x 1
  10. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

Have you found VaatiVidya, then? He does YouTube lore videos for Bloodborne and the Souls games; they are cool!

11. chaoticArbiter

No, I haven't! Unfortunately I don't get a lot of time out and about, so the only ones I really know about are BestFriends LPs and one other person whose name slips my mind right now. I'll check him out, though, thanks!!!

• Like x 2
  12. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

yeah, I think Cedar has that list up at the beginning of the thread, Yang. they told us you were eighteen, if you're wondering. may I ask if you (and the other alters, I guess) have some or all of the same personality disorders as Cedar does? or are those just theirs? 'cause I was chatting with them about their PD experiences, and now I'm curious about you guys. also, do you know if you guys tend to type differently? Cedar types like I do (no caps at beginning of sentences, but proper nouns capitalized) but you seem to follow capitalization rules more strictly, so.

• Like x 1
  13. chaoticArbiter

Ah, this is accurate, I am 18.

As for PDs, well, some of us (like our recently discovered new kid, Blue) are too young to have diagnosed personality disorders. Some of us do have personality disorders, though, like Rose, she's got BPD. And we assume that we've all got autism and ADHD, since those are developmental disorders that affect the brain directly, and we do all pretty much come from the same brain, so we figure we must share those disorders or....something like that. Cedar could explain it better than me, I guess.

Some of us type differently from Cedar, some of us don't! I like to follow strict capitalization rules, a few of the others do the same, some of the others type without caps or apostrophes at all, it varies from person to person. We all talk a bit differently too--like, Rose likes to use big dumb fancy words, and I like to get to the damn point as fast as humanly possible.

• Like x 4
  14. palindromordnilap

Also, uh... What happened to Rosie? She's not on the list on your blog.

15. chaoticArbiter

She...well, to be honest, we're...not totally sure. She's....not around in the headspace, or at least, none of us can find her, so we can only assume one of two things:
    - She somehow got integrated into Alex.
    - She's gone dormant.
    Going dormant is far more likely, and we've opted to not list dormant alters.

• Like x 1
  16. palindromordnilap

Thanks! I was actually a bit worried here. '^^

• Like x 1
  17. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

both the varying personality disorders and the different typing styles make sense, I guess! since you are different people with different personalities and all. typing is definitely a personality thing and changes when you change; I used to be an absolutely stickler for grammar, capitalization, punctuation, etc. even in text messages, and now I just... don't really care if I end up with a comma splice or two, honestly. Cedar told us you guys don't really tend to change in age, though, so does that mean your personalities don't really change, either? also the ADHD-autism commonalities make sense; you're all using the same brain and thus the same neural architecture to interact with the world.

• Like x 2
  18. a secret face

a secret face the secret-est face

IIRC, Cedar said you share their memories - is that right? What's the first time you remember in which you were present/fronting(?) (not sure if that's the right word)

19. palindromordnilap

Also, re: headspace, Cedar said in another thread that:
    I'm just kinda laughing a bit here.

• Like x 2
  20. chaoticArbiter

Yes, that, that last thing you said, that is accurate, exactly.

We don't change in age and as far as we know we don't change much in personality, either! I've been the same for...a year now. Usually people evolve somewhat even in a smaller space of time like that, so all I can figure is that we don't change in personality!

We do, yes. I remember being present...well, the first time was about a year back, when I suddenly found myself pushed to the front during an argument with Cedar's mom. I wasn't completely sure what was going on, and ended up just kind of looking at their mom silently while she yelled. And then she dismissed me, and then I was suddenly back in the headspace we alters share.

Oh, Cedar.
    We've tried to explain that there is a headspace, they just can't seem to access it. They seem to think we're trying to pull some big trick on them.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice