ask anything about DID

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by chaoticArbiter, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Well hey there! I have some questions if you don't mind

What sort of things do you do when you're not fronting?

When did you first form?

How do you handle interacting with people when someone other than Cedar is fronting?

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

1. Well, it depends! Sometimes I pay attention to what Cedar's doing, and read their books when they're reading, or watch whatever they're watching, or request that they put some particular show on (if they hear me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.) or talk to other systemmates. Other times I just kind of sleep, or do nothing, or sit around and think.

2. About a year ago, when Cedar was in a particularly bad fight with their mom, is when I first came into fully-formed being. I'd been forming for a while prior--it takes a while for alters to form--but we think the cause of my formation was the bad fights Cedar was having with their mom at the time, they were....really, really bad, and starting to wear Cedar down, so that's when I came about!

3. It depends on the person! Some of us are very good at pretending to be Cedar, others of us just try and not interact with anyone. For instance, if it's one of the little ones, like Blue, then they usually just behave like themselves and like a child and we simply have to hope that people who aren't in the know will not bother us. I'm pretty good at pretending to be Cedar when necessary--it's certainly not a perfect impression, but I'm better than, say, Rose. Rose clams up if anyone who doesn't know about the system talks to her when she's fronting. She just says nothing, and usually Cedar's friends will notice that, and that's when someone else who's in the know will have to step in. Mostly, though, we try and avoid anyone and everyone who's not in the know when someone other than Cedar is fronting.

• Like x 2
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

what is pretending to be cedar like?

4. chaoticArbiter

Uh....difficult. They have certain habits that I have to remember. Like, when they get nervous, they bite their lip, whereas I start acting all bravado when I get nervous. I like to express my emotions very, very openly, whereas they're super closed about stuff. They have a certain way of slouching when they walk, whereas I stand up tall. They shuffle their feet when they walk if they're sad, and I don't. And then there's the fact that we don't always have the same reactions to stuff. Like, if their parents talked about a party they were going to, they'd groan and say they don't wanna go, but I love parties! So it's...not easy. Pretending to be a whole 'nother person is hard, ya gotta know 'em pretty intimately to pull it off.
    ....And I mean, maybe I'm just a little paranoid, but I feel like I have to get my imitation down to a T to pass as Cedar. It's not just the obvious stuff, it's the little things too. But obviously if I acted totally like myself, the parentals would notice how out of character it was for Cedar. And then they'd question it, and....it'd be bad.

• Like x 4
  5. chaoticArbiter

hello friends I am back
    and very tired
    glad to see Yang got to talk to you guys though!
    I did leave a note saying she could so I'm glad she took the opportunity
    most of my alters don't get to talk to people as themselves so that must've been nice for her
    anyway
    hi

• Like x 3
  6. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

hi Cedar! hope you get some rest soon, if you're on EST it's pretty late!

7. chaoticArbiter

yes. yes it is. it is almost midnight. (by which I mean an hour off) I am so tired. I am gonig to bed. I'm not fixing that typo.

• Like x 3
  8. chaoticArbiter

dances around
    guess who's not asleeeeeeeeeeeeeep
    I can't sleep
    I don't know why
    it's almost one am

9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I guess I'm supposed to yell at you, then. :P

10. chaoticArbiter

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    don't do that
    that is not what you should do

• Like x 1
  11. palindromordnilap

Yang says otherwise. :P
    But yeah, I get not being able to sleep, and I'm... Not sure I can help here, sadly.

• Like x 1
  12. chaoticArbiter

don't listen to Yang, be on my side :P
    yeah, I tried for like. an hour. I just can't seem to fall asleep, so finally I was like "well, if I'm gonna be awake, may as well talk to people."
    I might try taking some Trazodone...kind of a last resort, because it gives me a horrible headache the next day, but...better than being up all night.

• Like x 1
  13. palindromordnilap

Yeah, I guess you should probably do that.

• Like x 1
  14. chaoticArbiter

yeah. unfortunately.
    sighs. all right, down the hatch, oh boy
    can't wait for the headache tomorrow
    night, Alix!

• Like x 1
  15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reading Yang's posts! She types pretty differently from you.

Maybe this can be a space where they can chat with people about whatever. It sounds like opportunities to do that are pretty limited.

• Like x 3
  16. chaoticArbiter

she does. and yeah, that sounds like a good idea. it'd be good for them to have that, because most of the rest of the time they have to pretend to be me. there's like....two other people who are in the know about the whole DID thing. so yeah, opportunities to be themselves and chat about whatever are pretty limited.

• Like x 2
  17. esotericPrognosticator

@chaoticArbiter they could make subaccounts if they want? so they don't have to announce who they are every time; they can just log into their personal account and post like that and people'll know who they are.

• Like x 4
  18. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Seconding this as something that sounds good, cA!

• Like x 4
  19. chaoticArbiter

a good idea!! I'll let them do that whenever they front, I'll leave a note about it and how they can do that.

• Like x 1
  20. esotericPrognosticator

@chaoticArbiter glad you like it and I hope it's useful for you and them.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice