ask anything about DID

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by chaoticArbiter, Mar 18, 2016.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I'm sure it will be!
    I'll start working on a note now, 'cause I'm bad at explaining shit and so this might take a few tries :P

• Like x 1
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

This might be weird, but it was really cool looking at how y'all's speech patterns differ. I really love analyzing how people talk/type :D
    Also sorry I missed her, but it was nice to meet Yang!

• Like x 3
  3. chaoticArbiter

cool.
    it's all good. she'll be back at some point, I assume.

• Like x 1
  4. chaoticArbiter

I feel....switchy. this week is a switchy-feeling week, apparently. I felt like this yesterday and I'm feeling it again and I hate it.

5. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

Hello hello hello! Cedar left a note about how to do the, uh, sub-account thing, so I did it! Though I was peeking over Cedar's shoulder when they were writing it so I didn't really need to read it read it...if that makes sense! Cedar mentioned they were feeling switchy, huh? Guess that explains why I'm out! Oh, but I haven't even introduced myself yet--I'm Neon, Neon Katt, and contrary to what we previously believed I am in fact a fictive, from RWBY! Hi! I know it's like suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper late but I am not tired at all so I wanted to say hi to people and see if anyone was about! I don't really know how long I'll be here but I hope it's a while, I like never get to be out, or talk to people as me and NOW I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TALK TO PEOPLE AS ME and it's crazy exciting!

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. prismaticvoid

Hi Neon! It's nice to meet you! (Although aren't y'all supposed to be in bed? :P)

• Like x 1
  7. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh. No one REALLY cares about bedtime. Or at least, I don't! :3 Nice to meet you too!!!

• Like x 1
  8. prismaticvoid

OH also remember their preferred name is Cedar, but I'm not sure whether you got that particular memo. Do you know how long you've been around?

• Like x 1
  9. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

Oh, oops, I'll edit that in a second! Cedar, Cedar, Cedar, I am bad with name changes, Cedar. Affixing that in my brain....nnnnnnnnnnnnnow! I did get the memo! I'm just suck at remembering things! :P As for how long I've been around, it's been abouttttttttttt....well, let me think! The first time I found myself in headspace was prooooooooooooooooooooooobablyyyyyyyy....a few months back? Say, about in early January of this year! So only abouttttttt...January, February, Ma-arch, April, May...it's May, right? So that makes it a little under five months, I...think? If I did it right, then it is a little under five months or thereabouts!

• Like x 2
  10. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Hi, Neon! Yang specifically asked me to yell at Cedar, so you're clear. :P

11. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

HAHA, excellent! Just the slightest flaw in her master plan of making us all go to bed at a normal hour! :3c Also, hello!

• Like x 1
  12. palindromordnilap

Just keep in mind that whoever's fronting tomorrow will probably hate you for staying up late. Unless it's still you, I guess. :P

13. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

Oh, it'll probably be either me or Alex :3 And if it's me, I won't care, and if it's Alex, they'll grump and grouch and then drink some coffee and be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine. They're like, always tired anyway, so what's the big deal, is how I see it!

14. palindromordnilap

Yeah, but Cedar is a very nice friend and I don't want them to end up accidentally getting hurt. Or addicted to caffeine, but I'm assuming that's too late. :3

15. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

Oh, it is far too late to save them from the caffeine addiction. :3 But don't you worry about them getting hurt or anything--they aren't driving or going anywhere tomorrow so they can pretty much sleep all day!

• Like x 1
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Okay but the funny thing is, I missed the name change thing mostly and then I thought "oh hey cA found another DID person, apparently this Cedar has alters too."

• Like x 7
  17. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

That would be really, really fascinating and kind of funny, but we actually have found one whole other DID person, their name is Katherine, and they appear to be legit, also hello, I am still here, Cedar is not back!

• Like x 1
  18. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Hey, pleased to meet you Neon.

So you're a fictive, you say? What does that entail exactly? (:P pun). As in, obviously that means that you "are" the character Neon Katt from rwby, but is that just in terms of name and personality or do you also have "memories" of the fiction? (If so, then I'd be interested to hear about what those entail, given that Neon doesn't exactly have an extensive backstory and is only in the show for a few episodes, heh).

• Like x 1
  19. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Hey Neon! How long have you been around?

• Like x 1
  20. Neon Katt

Neon Katt Member

HELLO! I'm so glad there are people about, or at least a person, I am easily bored and I greatly enjoy discussing things!
    I am indeed a fictive! And as for what that entails (lovely pun, I enjoyed it :3) it means that I both view myself as Neon Katt, and also do have memories of the fiction! I have lots of memories from my canon, and that's why I'm a fictive, actually! We determined 'fictive' here by three things: 1. has character's name; 2. looks like character; 3. has memories from canon. I was previously thought not to be a fictive because I didn't have memories, but then I started remembering things!! Obviously they're fabricated by Alex I mean Cedar's brain, but they're as real to me as any memories I have of things that happened while fronting! Anywhoooooo, my memories consist of: fighting with Flynt against Yang and Weiss in the tournament (listed this first because it's the 'duh, obviously' memory); being abandoned by my dad because he was ashamed his child came out a faunus after my mom died and left me to him (I was five...); being attacked by dogs as a child when I wandered into the wrong area; being adopted by a nice faunus family (they were bird faunus! A very sweet family, they took me in when they found me on the street when I was seven, they were really sweet and they were the ones who encouraged me to go to a school for weapons training as a kid, and then go on to go to Atlas Academy!); meeting Flynt for the first time (we were fifteen, he was a total dweeb); and dating Flynt (sixteen), and also Yang after we met in the tournament (about seventeen, then, I was roughly seventeen when Flynt and I were in the tournament and it wasn't long after the tournament I started dating Yang)! I am polyamorous and pansexual :3 My Yang was pansexual and polyamorous as well, she dated Weiss and Blake and also me! And...I don't remember anything else after that, I'm not sure why, but maybe it's because I'm seventeen, and my memories only go up to my current age?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice