at least I didn't sink a port (ANBU Legacy fan thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Penumbra, Jan 8, 2018.

?

favorite mission?

1. demon queen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. traitors

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Kiri

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. tanuki

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Birdy

Birdy so long

MY LONGEST YEA BOI EVER

I DID NOT DARE TO HOPE. I THOUGHT WE'D GET LIKE, A KISS, AT BEST. BUT THEY REALLY FUCKING DID THAT. MY CROPS ARE FLOURISHING.

I'LL POST COHERENT THOUGHTS LIKE TOMORROW BUT IM JUST GONNA REREAD AND BASK

• Agree x 2
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Ngl the latest update has made me want to reread everything from the beginning and just enjoy the buildup to what we just got
    They had??? An honest conversation about feelings before getting down??? Or at least like as honest as they get, really, but still, I'm not gonna lie, the resolution of the past couple of threads' emotional blueballing re: Ryouma's sacrifice was almost as satisfying as the relationship resolution. I'M SO PLEASED, I also thought we were gonna get more will-they-wont-they relationship deepening until I saw the thread descriptor. Part of me is like "oh no what's going to come down on their heads next" but that's probably an instinct borne of reading too much trashy romance. I'm just aaaaaaaaah about this it's so good

• Agree x 1
  3. Birdy

Birdy so long

IT’S BEEN ALMOST A FULL TWO WEEKS BUT HERE FINALLY ARE SOME DETAILED THOUGHTS:

RyoumaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

this whole fuckening thread I was almost crying with happiness because Ryouma! was happy! Ryouma was open about his feelings and didn’t try to hide behind a smile! Ryouma accepted, at least for the time being, that he’s worthy of life and love and happiness! god it’s so clear that he’s been suffering so much for so long and to see even a moment of relief, clarity, healing...it does my heart good...also it’s gr8 to see he took the officers’ words to heart cause they’re good words and his teammates love him.

(I’m not an abuse victim but uhhhhHHH a lot of Ryouma’s distorted thoughts in this thread sounded like mine so having them dealt with healthily watered all my crops. god damn do I want magical depression curing sake. anyway)

And Kakashi! Loves him so much! Kakashi was not only vulnerable in this thread but compassionate. He cares so, so deeply about Ryouma and it’s in every word of this thread. It’s not even in spite of himself anymore. He loves and trusts and cares about Ryouma. He wants Ryouma to be happy. BOI I DIE? And he was so gentle, so careful with his words in the emotionally charged parts of this thread. Just like Ryouma, he’s come far.

I think my favorite part was Kakashi noting Ryouma’s eloquence. Ryouma really is so smart and well-spoken, especially given all the disadvantages he has using language, no matter what he thinks of himself. It really made me happy to see that noted. Also Ryouma literally coming up with band AU ideas? someone has to actually write that fic. And the song! I want to hear it!

of course my other favorite part was THE SEXE. like, it was really hot and that goes without saying, but it was also so sweet and natural...Ryouma respecting Kakashi’s boundaries, like, it sounds corny to put it like that but he’s grown so much. And also it felt like a first time, where you bite too hard and kick each other by accident, and that’s so good, like lbr this scene was some crazy romance novel shit and it could’ve come off as pr0n for pr0n’s sake, but their characters shown through so much. it felt like two very enthusiastic and awkward young adults gladly fumbling towards something more, and that’s...real good

(brief horny on main aside: Ryouma COMING ON COMMAND. Kakashi TURNED ON BY RYOUMA BEING STRONGER. 100/10 POETIC CINEMA.)

The healing scene was...freaky. I’m actually really glad Ryouma got kinda pissed because I found it really creepy and invasive. It’s good Kakashi got to choose

wow I just realized it’s like...kind of an unsubtle metaphor for like, healing from shit in general; like, it’s weird, uncomfortable, and kind of scary, and while it may make your life objectively better, you’ll always feel like you lost a part of yourself somehow. even if it wasn’t a great part. also the physics aside was the shit, I want to know every fucking thing abt how chakra healing works

The one nitpick I have with this thread is Ryouma and Kakashi briefly joke about staging the bastard husband’s suicide; I’d think Kakashi wouldn’t be up to that kind of thing, but idk. Just a blip

Also I’m still kinda mad we didn’t get hotspring threesome. Damn Raidou and his “making the right decision.” THIS THREAD MADE UP FOR IT THO

but ya I want the new thread. I REALLY HOPE THEY HAVENT BEEN AWAY FROM KONOHA FOR LIKE A MONTH OR SOMETHING HHHHH

• Agree x 2
  4. Birdy

Birdy so long

• Agree x 2
  5. sirsparklepants

Ohhhhhhhh man. I don't know what's going to happen next but there's some definite "impending bad" weight to this latest update. I think it's very, very interesting that it was the officers and Kurenai who technically made the promise and the rookies who killed the abusive dad - it's the kind of technicality that normally flies in (at least western) fairy tales, which are all about super precise rules with no wiggle room for either party, so I'm inclined to think Kakashi and Ryouma get away with it without major consequences, but there's probably some loss of spiritual favor, I'd think.

On an emotional note I'm glad Kakashi isn't flipping out, although this last unofficial mission seems to be tailor made to set off both his and Ryouma's issues. I loved Ryouma's moment with (edit; fuck you Autocorrect) Sen at the end, though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Agree x 2
  6. Penumbra

Penumbra hiding under cloth

there were so many good character moments here, and i don't think i've ever seen Ryouma be that scary. Even on the Traitors mission, where he killed civilians in their beds and helped take down a Bingo Book monstrosity, he was intimidating, but not viscerally terrifying. at least to a civilian reader who is sympathetic to him.
    when Ryouma talked to Nomiya, i shivered irl. I could imagine the hurt and the vengeance in his voice, the eagerness for the kill. well done, legacy, and Holy Shit, Ryouma.

the other moment that made an impact was Genma telling everyone to shut the fuck up before going through the portal. i have a feeling he's been wanting to say that for a while lmao

i'm glad kakashi and ryouma seem to be happy with their relationship though.

• Agree x 2
  7. Birdy

Birdy so long

(I think we can dispense with the spoilers? it’s only the three of us that use this thread)

god yeah ryouma was really scary. he’s never been that bad before and I wonder if he’ll be able to hold it together after. and if Kakashi will keep dealing with it well. but I’m proud of ryouma for what he said to sen

Also Kurenai was fucking wonderful and honestly I would’ve been satisfied just with what she did. She’s so clever and terrible and I’m in l o v e also COME ON SEXUAL TENSION TRIO THERES LITERALLY NO ESCAPING IT BLEASE

so much HAPPENED in this thread it was a stressful as fuck read

• Agree x 2
  8. sirsparklepants

Every time the threesome acknowledges the sexual tension between them I start clutching my hair and yelling "how the hell is being so obsessed with not being able to do the do not as distracting ass actually screwing would be???"

But yeah I foresee quite a bit of fallout from this mission in several ways and I'm half intrigued half stressed for all of it

• Agree x 1
  9. Birdy

Birdy so long

please let the three of them talk it out, bare minimum. this is so so unsustainable

speaking of unsustainable I wonder if ryouma will fall back into bad habits...I think what’s most likely to unseat him at this point is realizing everyone has a family worrying in Konoha except him

stray thought: wonder if we’ll see sen again? she’s the most developed side character outside of fukuda. she could be so awesome as a recurring character

but part of me wants her as far away from konoha as possible

also “I owe Konoha ninja one half ryou” broke my whole fucking heart she’s a fucking baby ._.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Penumbra

they all have a couple days of travel before they get back to konoha, though...so hopefully any potential issues can be headed off then? idk guys i doubt it. something that i trust the authors on is that this is kind of role-play fic, so they wouldn't do something for the plot - they'd let the characters drive it. DK mentioned on the blog that they were pleasantly surprised when Kakashi was mature about Ryouma being so wound up afterwards.

I write much the same way, I seek character above plot (though i do have a vague plot plan, otherwise I'd never get anywhere)

11. Penumbra

12. Birdy

Birdy so long

Aburame Mayumi is literally the only character who matters, Team 6 whom

(also lmao Hakone you can’t call someone else morbid and also be gung ho about staged suicides my dude)

ghgssjj Hakone is going to figure out the Ryouma-Kakashi situation instantly isn’t he. that’ll be fun

Oh fuck wait. What is Harubi going to think when she learns what happened? How is she going to treat Sen? oh god oh fuck

ryouma and kakashi...could probably be court martialed for this...especially if they play it off like they just decided to do it themselves to protect Sen, which I think they might attempt. but lordt they could...seriously be in trouble

13. Birdy

Birdy so long

AGONIZED SCREAMING

UPDATE

• Agree x 1
  14. Birdy

Birdy so long

hahaha sob

15. sirsparklepants

*covers my eyes*

I can't be sad tonight I'm going to wait a few days before I read this

• Witnessed x 1
  16. Penumbra

but they actually turned out okay, at the end of the thread? like it was hairy for a bit but kakashi skillfully de-escalated ryouma

17. Penumbra

SCREAMS IN BURNIGN

IDEK WHAT THAT MEANS BUT UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

18. Birdy

Birdy so long

[​IMG]
    IM RESURRECTING THIS THREAD BECAUSE OF HOW INTENSELY RYOUMA THIS IS

• Agree x 2
  19. sirsparklepants

So I have caught up and oh my god....... It's so good, so much good character development, some delicious political shit, lots of Garbage Coping Mechanisms, it's all great

• Agree x 1
  20. sirsparklepants

Obviously my favorite part was Ryouma perhaps actually internalizing that some people care about him and that he's maybe worth something??? G o d. *drags hands down my face* But I also Loved Danzo being inconvenienced (that fucker) and manipulated and also Hakone is a gift

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice