Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

Yeah, from what I could tell, the impression was that your heart was this little henhouse with chickens inside and you were supposed to keep them calm and happy. I don't know if this was a literal thing or a philosophical dream monk thing but I like it. X)

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh, I super dig that actually!

(Make a little henhouse in your soul...)

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  3. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I really like the mental image of that. Sometimes when I'm having bad brains it really does feel like I have a bunch of panicked chickens for a brain.

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

yes, absolutely. when things are going wrong it's like *UPSET CHICKEN NOISES* and you have to feed your chickens and pet them and remove any foxes from the vicinity.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
  5. rainbowbarnacle

aah I am continuing to really like this carb counting system thing, because it means I can go out for a walk in the pouring rain and come home and have hot coffee and peanut butter toast and not wonder if what I'm eating is "wrong" somehow. Before I knew any better, I just kinda decided to avoid bread for the most part. (it didn't help as far as I know) But now I don't have to avoid anything! And it's been so freaking long since I've had peanut butter toast, I forgot how much I missed it. <3

I'm not quite up to my walking goal yet, but I'm getting there, and I've more or less got a mile a day going with the exception of choreday and groceryday because I want to make sure I have energy to do those things. And today I walked IN THE RAAAAAIN, I started out mincing around trying not to get my feet wet and by the end of it I was swinging my broken umbrella around and kicking through puddles. 8) It would have been nice if my head hadn't been pounding, but it wasn't miserable. I saw a lot of very happy flowers.

Here are pictures from a different walk, featuring another fairy garden and some flowers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. jacktrash

CUTE. i have a cute to tell you, about a one legged yoga frog, but i can't words rn. the yoga frog in the garden reminded me.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. rainbowbarnacle

the snorlax and the pea

[​IMG]

:swoon:

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

What a beautiful princess that Snorlax is!! <3

• Agree x 4
  9. rainbowbarnacle

Hey Kintsugi, I found a really cute plant in the free bin but I have no idea what it's called or what requirements it has. Does this look familiar to anybody?

[​IMG]

Also you know that house with all the tulips in their front yard and I keep finding fairy gardens there? They were selling flowers at the farmer's market today! 8)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In conclusion, have a cute dog:

[​IMG]

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  10. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

My initial thought on your mystery plant is a palm, possibly a parlour palm?

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  11. rainbowbarnacle

Ooh that looks very likely! Thank you. :D

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

it looks exactly like the palms i have two of, a big one in the dome and a smaller one in keith's terrarium. it's pretty unkillable. just water it occasionally and don't let your cat eat the WHOLE thing and it'll be fine.

• Like x 3
  13. rainbowbarnacle

Yaaaaayyyy n_n Man, now I gotta find it a friend...

• Like x 2
  14. rainbowbarnacle

WE SAW BABY FOXES EEEEE

ellie lost her tiny mind

one ran into the den and the other just kinda sat there and scratched themselves and chewed on a stick. X) they seemed pretty happy and healthy, and there was some fresh roadkill nearby that i'm sure they nabbed as soon as we stopped cooing and taking pictures of them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 8
  15. jacktrash

!!!!! what a joyful thing!

• Agree x 2
  16. rainbowbarnacle

IT'S CHILI TIME.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This chili includes soy crumbles, (mostly because I'm better at cooking that than hamburger X)) red kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, green onions, two cans of spicy tomato juice, colby cheese, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and sea salt.

Not half bad for throwing it together mostly out of the stuff in the back of the fridge/pantry you wanna use up before it goes bad. X) I forgot I even had spicy tomato juice, but there it was hidden behind the orange juice, proudly proclaiming it wasn't expired until October. WHOO!

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  17. rainbowbarnacle

Bad Things:

I have fallen out of the walking habit. I was managing to every day and then I got a big flareup and it's been a monster trying to get back in the habit again. When I tried today, I was taking a second to gaze up at the pretty blue sky and sunny leaves and then my right ankle rolled the wrong way and I ended up scraping up my hands and knees pretty bad. I thought about walking anyway but I figured it would be decidedly Not Fun if my knees swelled up while I was far from home and also I was kind of a walking mess that might have frightened old ladies and small children, so I took reference pictures for Luka and then limped off to his place to ask if he had any adhesive medical strips. He patched me up with antibiotic ointment and stingy stuff, thank you sir, and I'm ok. I will probably be a colorful bruisey scraped up mess tomorrow but eh.

My hand looked sorta neat though:

[​IMG]

I have discovered a disadvantage to past!Aud of ten or eleven years ago deciding "you know what, I like being fuzzy and I hate shaving so I'm just gonna stop!" and that disadvantage is ADHESIVE MEDICAL STRIPS ooooh those are gonna hurt coming off

I have a bag of coffee but if I want any I have to make it and I am just not up to it.

Good Things:

One Piece is and continues to be a balm for my heart.

I've been writing a little. Writing is like walking in that I am trying to build up stamina for it.

I have acquired a BRIGHT TEAL BED SET for nine dollars, whoohoo. It matches my bodypillow and the edges of the little flowers on my bedspread and that makes a happy feeling.

[​IMG]

The other day I actually SAW Bea give me a present--I've been receiving countless little toys and wadded up receipts and wrapped up cough drops in my shoes for years and I've never seen her do it until NOW:

[​IMG]

Luka made MIRACLE FOOD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Winner x 10
  18. rainbowbarnacle

that distant screech every single one of you heard just now was me removing my bandaids

i never really thought i'd say this but CURSE YOU LEG HAAAAIR

• Witnessed x 9
  19. jacktrash

your room looks so restful ❤️

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. rainbowbarnacle

Today youtube recommended I watch a One Piece noodle commercial in which they're a slice-of-life highschool AU anime and OH MY GRACIOUS LOOK AT THEM ALL <3

(No big spoilers that I know of but also no English subtitles, alas)

I WANNA EAT THESE NOODLES APPARENTLY THEY'RE MAGIC

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice