Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i want that anime to be real so i can binge watch the whole thing right now

• Agree x 2
  2. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

MEEEE TOOOOOOO :swoon:

• Like x 1
  3. rainbowbarnacle

I KEEP SPOTTING CHARACTERS OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY

4. rainbowbarnacle

Why did Beatrix poke her head in the shower and start swatting at me:

1. To save me from the weird snake thing that sprays water everywhere
    2. To save the weird snake thing that sprays water everywhere from me
    3. Because I had the audacity to hide behind the shower curtain while she was in Murder Mode
    4. Because I am doing strange human grooming rituals instead of feeding her dinner

:mystery:

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. jacktrash

to save you from the terrible secret of space

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  6. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

HELLO MINTY DUCK IS HERE TO FIGHT CAVITIES

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  7. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

It’s not spoilers that I know. I’ve never seen One Piece, but the commercial is exactly what it appears to be. I’m not a great interpreter, but this is what I got from it?

Some guy: Become strong, Zoro.

Zoro’s narration: Zoro, 17 years old. I promised I’d never give up on becoming the best at kendo. (This sounds much more dramatic and less awkward when he says it. When he says he promised, it shows a picture of what’s presumably his family? (edit, see downthread for clarification))

Then I think Zoro, lying sweatily on the roof, says something like, a little more, I won’t yield.

Ad narration: Hungry Days cup noodles.

Is this guy named Monkey, I really don’t One Piece and I’m sorry: [chuckles] Looking good.

Zoro: Nah dude.

More or less.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Informative x 4
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Some-Guy I am p sure is Dracule Mihawk, the current Greatest Swordsman In The World in canon and one of Zoro's primary rivals and getting his ass beat by him is one of two (2) instances we see Zoro cry in canon

That's Kuina, Zoro's childhood friend and training buddy who passed away as part of his Dramatic Backstory, i think in the series he actually in part vowed to become the world's greatest swordsman because that was her dream as well?

His name is indeed Monkey D. Luffy :P

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. rainbowbarnacle

Oh man thank you! :D And yeah his name is Monkey D. Luffy, and that is probably the least strange thing about that wonderful goofball. <3

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. Verily

He sounds delightful! And my pleasure! Can’t promise accuracy (yokusoku dekinai?) but it’s at least the general thrust, and I get to mark off that I practiced Japanese today. ^_^

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  11. Verily

In light of this information, I’m now suspecting that what he said about not losing the spirit was much more literal than I’d originally thought, always assuming I’m understanding the actual words correctly. If so, what I loosely rendered as “never give up” changes. Maybe something more like, I vowed to become the world’s best swordsman (way nicer wording for that, ty) so that her spirit wouldn’t be lost.

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

yeah, that sounds right. in canon he’s carrying her dream because she wasn’t able to accomplish it. she was sort of his foster sister? he was taken in by her father who ran the sword dojo. people didn’t believe she could surpass her dad and she thought it was because she was a girl, but actually it was because of her chronic illness. which dramatically killed her shortly after she and zoro made a kind of shonen blood pact of rivalry. very tragic yet inspiring backstory.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. rainbowbarnacle

I have succeeded in EGGY BAKE. I borrowed two tins from studiohouse, thank you studiohouse, sprayed them with oil, added various fillings, (green onion, tomato and spinach, chicken and green onion, bacon and bacon, and chicken and tomato, all with colby cheese) poured in six whisked eggs, and baked for abooout roughly thirty minutes, and here's what came out!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're not TV gorgeous but I had a chicken onion one and it was FREAKIN FANTASTIC so I think it all works out in the end. 8) I think I like them in bar format the best.

• Winner x 6
  14. jacktrash

you should xpost to kintsugi kitchen

• Agree x 2
  15. rainbowbarnacle

There did. :D

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

They look delicious @_@

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. rainbowbarnacle

Anybody: "OH AUDREY, IT'S TIME FOR ONE PIECE!"

Me:

[​IMG]

YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  18. rainbowbarnacle

oh here have a funny thing:

this one in particular gets quoted a lot during brocery runs, especially when we spot a random a package of twizzlers hanging out with the breakfast drinkies.

"They have guys who straighten that out. Guys with purple fingers... come around at midnight. In the morning everything is back. It's the mystery of the supermarket."

• Winner x 1
  19. jacktrash

why purple fingers tho?

20. rainbowbarnacle

I have nooo idea. X)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice