Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

okay good news: they showed up and installed the AC today

bad news: I HADN'T CHANGED THE CAT BOX YET AAUUUGGHHHHHH

• Witnessed x 1
  2. rainbowbarnacle

That said: OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD TO HAVE AIR CONDITIONING YOU GUYS

I mean, I wasn't too horribly off, I had a box fan pointed at me and the cold baths with books and music were actually very nice and I wonder why I don't do those more often, but for the most part I have spent the past week or so wilting miserably like some delicate fussy orchid and now I CAN THINK AGAIN

I CAN WRITE STUFF AGAIN

I have such stuff to write. :stare:

Also my cat is so much happier. My poor fluffy baby, she was hanging out pretty much constantly in the bathroom where the tiles were cooler, and I caught her with her mouth open a couple times--not outright panting, but on the verge of it, but no protruding tongue or glassy eyes or foaming or anything like that. The AC has been on for about an hour and a half and she's already settled back into her "let's follow Aud around the house depending on where she sets up shop" thing again. <3

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Winner x 7
  3. rainbowbarnacle

Blaaar, am I doing Kintsugi wrong? I have threads I have watched, but then I don't get any notifications on them for awhile and it turns out there have been updates and I just haven't been seeing them. And when I go check on them, I get updates again for a brief while and then it fizzles out again. Am I missing something? Arrgh. I'm sorry if I missed things, folks!

Meanwhile oof yesterday was a lot. I had hopes and dreams to go walking this morning but I woke up and my whole body was sore and flarey and so I just turned the sleep alarm off and went back to bed. x_x It's kind of a drag, I absolutely love stormy weather but so often it makes me feel all wadded up like one of those styrofoam cups they send down into the deep sea and then bring back up again all shrunken and squished.

There was a funny thing though--we were done with groceries and picking up barb from where she was dogsitting ellie for us, and ellie gallumphed into the car and did that thing she does where she'll stick her nose under my wrist and flip her head back to get my attention--but I was chugging a can of tea at that exact second and it went all over me XD ELLIEEE

Also we saw this downtown:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

i hope carl is found safe :(

(also the fact that i don’t think my town has a cryptid society is UNFAIR)

• Like x 2
  5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, this forum software is just Like That and is very capricious about what it will bother notifying a person about.

• Agree x 4
  6. rainbowbarnacle

blaaar okay i'll just try and be more diligent

7. Acey

This. I was on another Xenforo board at one point and I seem to recall similar problems there, so idk if it’s something that can be fixed, sadly—it seems to be some weird glitch with Xenforo, if I had to guess.

• Informative x 1
  8. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

are you talking about email notifs? i just check the 'watched threads' tab.

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

nah the alerts popup/timeline tab thing. watched threads only displays the ten most recent threads you have unread messages from, which if you watch as much stuff as i do would require so muhc refreshing it'd break a keyboard probably

• Informative x 2
  10. jacktrash

there's a 'show all watched threads' button at the bottom of the page, it's just tiny.

• Informative x 4
    • Useful x 1
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh wow i'm blind as a mole when it comes to spotting stuff like that sometimes, thanks

• Like x 1
  12. rainbowbarnacle

Hee, this 50th anniversary of Space Oddity reminds me: the day after David Bowie died, I joined countless others in being absolutely crushed all day long and then going to sleep struggling with that awful void in your chest you get when you've lost a dear lifelong friend--

and then I dreamed that Ziggy sat with me and painstakingly colored my nails white with a crayon and we talked about every little thing, and I woke up feeling so much better, like I'd gotten a hug and a tiny secret gift. I'll prolly remember that dream forever. X)

[​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  13. jacktrash

that's truly wonderful ;u;

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. rainbowbarnacle

Meanwhile, without getting spoilery, the entire Whole Cake One Piece arc keeps stomping my heart to little bits over and over and over in the best way, like, WOW, there were things that happened that I could tell Oda's been sitting on for AGES and HOLY CRAP WAS THE PAYOFF WORTH THE WAIT

ALSO IT TAKES PLACE ON A BUNCH OF ISLANDS MADE OF SWEETS* AND SO I'VE BEEN DYING FOR CAKE AAUUGGHHHHH so yeah if you haven't seen this arc yet be sure to go stock up on some cookies or something or else it's like trying to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory without any candy

* Places made out of giant cakes and ice cream cones and stuff are one of my favorite biomes aesthetically though, they're just so fun. 8) Trove has a candyland type place where you fight little lollipops and gummyworm monsters and cookie soldiers while rampaging through GIANT GINGERBREAD HOUSE DUNGEONS and
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. rainbowbarnacle

SO HEY MINNESOTA FOLKS: did anybody notice the mosquitos abruptly went from sort of tolerable to THAT ONE ENDING SCENE FROM WICKERMAN BUT WITH LITTLE HORRIBLE WHINING BLOODSUCKERS INSTEAD OF BEES overnight because i actually had to cancel my walk and have luka come pick me up because I COULDN'T DO IT THEY WERE IN MY EARS

• Witnessed x 5
  16. rainbowbarnacle

GOD, give me ten blizzards at the same time over Minnesota in mosquito season IT IS PURE HELL

maybe that's it

HELL IS EMPTY AND THE MOSQUITOS ARE ALL HERE

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. Acey

look, i am not normally the type to advocate for exterminating any species, but i will say that if every mosquito on earth just dropped dead and their eggs died too, i wouldn’t be complaining.

sorry they’re being extra-nasty where you are! x_x they’ve been pretty bad here but yours sound EVEN WORSE D:

• Agree x 3
  18. jacktrash

oh crap, and i have roses to plant today. *prays for wind*

• Agree x 2
  19. rainbowbarnacle

oh my god I just had the most amazing dream, and I just woke up and wrote it all to my grandma so I'll paste it here for you too:

Dear Grandma,

I just woke up from the most amazing dream--I dreamed that you and great-grandma knew all the famous people like Joan Crawford and Bette Davis and Debbe Reynolds because when my brother and I were about three months old, we were babies in a movie, (something with witches and fairies and a big royal ball where the witches were trying to one-up the fairies somehow) and in my dream we were all in a big room full of Hollywood actors who were watching a 34-year-old anniversary screening of it, and you and great-grandma were telling me all kinds of gossip and little behind-the-scenes secrets about the movie and there was all kinds of amusing drama and grudges between actors and pranks and all kinds of things, and then we all watched the movie and my brother and I showed up at the end of the movie as royal babies who would inherit the kingdom, or something, and we were there for like three seconds but everybody in the room knew who we were.

It was such a fun time. :D

I love you lots and lots.

-Aud

Daahhh, what a fun dream. X) I wish I could remember more of it. The ending bit was awesome, like, the movie ended and everybody was looking at us like "OH LOOK, IT'S THE BABIES" even though we were 34 and all grown up. X) And I wish I could visit my grandma. (And great-grandma even though she passed away when I was seven--I didn't get to get to know her very well, but everyone always said she was always so cheerful and glamorous and visited Chicago a lot and would bring my mom and aunt back all sorts of presents.)

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  20. Acey

That’s such a delightful dream!! ;u;

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice