Aud's House of Nonsense 8)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by rainbowbarnacle, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

Aww, farewell dear bachelor bowl. (It's this big ol' IKEA plastic bowl I ate all kinds of meals out of.) I had it a wee bit too close to where I was making breakfast on the stove and it was juuuust close enough for it to get this melty bubble on one side. 8C It probably needed replacing, but dang it I liked that bowl.

• Witnessed x 7
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

can you link the prompt generator you were using?

• Agree x 1
  3. rainbowbarnacle

oh d'oh why didn't I think to do that before!

https://www.springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/index.html

but yes

sometimes they come out kind of very obviously random or have repeat words in them, but sometimes you'll get some good ones, or at least some really funny ones X) "One night in an old house, a group of people transform a vampire into a video with human blood." <- THERE'S A MENTAL IMAGE, EEEWW x)

And some of them are more character centric and stuff but I just kinda try to read them all in a sort of what-if-plot kind of way

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  4. jacktrash

from the 'medieval-esque fantasy plot-o-tron' comes...
    i was looking for ideas for noodling with stalemate characters and that sounds like basically canon

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  5. rainbowbarnacle

Yesterday Luka and I saved a kitty!

We were on our way back from getting fair food for studiohouse and we saw this teeny little skinny kitty sort of sitting in the road looking confused, and we slowed down to look closer and it became immediately clear she wasn't just hanging out in the street on purpose and needed some help. So we parked and Luka picked her up and remarked that she was very old and extremely bony and there were little gnats everywhere and she had a very corpesy smell. She didn't seem frightened or feral--just very sweet and limp and trusting and very woozy. Since we couldn't cover vet prices and the humane society is closed on Fridays, I called animal control and walked back to my place (we were about half a block away) to grab a box or something for her to lie down in so Luka could take a break from holding her

And I ran into some of our neighbors that live in the retirement home next door, and one of them had water and an eyedropper

And then animal control called me back and said she would be a little bit delayed, so we went ahead and drove the rest of the way back to the apartments so the nice neighbors could meet the poor kitty, and they gave her some water (which helped a lot) and cooed over her a lot and soon the animal control officer showed up and told us she would take the kitty to a no-kill shelter where she would get food and water and a bath and antibiotics and lots of care, so that was a relief.

Also Ellie was very well behaved the whole time.

Here are pictures--don't worry they aren't sad ones, especially since she's probably doing loads better now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 10
  6. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I'm so glad you two came across the poor thing!

• Agree x 7
  7. jacktrash

aww, i'm so glad you saved the thirsty girl. :3

• Agree x 4
  8. rainbowbarnacle

Kitty update: Bea went to the vet on Friday and had to get a UTI exam, her floofbutt shaved, and a three day dose of buprenorphine for inflammation, poor button. On the plus side, she's been SUPER CUDDLY the past few days so I think maybe that shot must have been good for her.

Here she is in mid housefly hunt:

[​IMG]

Also the vet recommended a special kitty food for both UTI and stress issues, so hopefully that will help too.

A special thanks to Barb for covering me until my paycheck gets here.

And meeeanwhile other good things:

1. A friend of Barb's is gonna visit in a few days, and she wants go to the aquarium at Mall of America and invited Luka and I to come along and EEE I love that place so much. I even have a teeny bit saved up so I can possibly buy something silly from the gift shop.

2. I have enough perks points at Caribou that I can get a FREEEEE COFFEEEEE

3. It got wonderfully chilly last night, to the point where I got out the cozy Jesse socks and big winter blankets, and my cat came to cuddle me in the night and for a little bit everything was perfect. I've been waiting all summer for nights like these. <3

4. And then I woke up and it was STORMING WHOOOO

3. I THINK IT MIGHT BE FALL YOU GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Winner x 12
  9. jacktrash

i found the tiny punkin you guys left us, i'm gonna make pumpkin soup!

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  10. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

The trees aren't changing here just yet (I can spot a couple leaves with some color but nothing more) but the stores have their pumpkin boxes out in full force.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. rainbowbarnacle

Bluuhhh aquarium canceled due to game over uterus death time X( but that's okay, I've been there before and I can go another time, I hope Kat and Co have tons of fun! and at least I know now why my back's been killing me and I haven't felt up to walking for the past couple days. x_x uugghhhhh. Usually I'm on pills for this but for some reason they were late and so I'm having one for the first time in a long time and wow it's not fun. x_x

• Witnessed x 10
  12. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

HELP I HATCHED THIS EVIL THING ON FRIDAY THE 13TH AND THERE'S A FULL MOON TONIGHT OH GOD

• Witnessed x 7
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

you’re gonna have to burn your phone, it’s the only way to remove the curse D:

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  14. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

good morning from Beatrix the kitty

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  15. jacktrash

HI BEA HI <3

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. rainbowbarnacle

[​IMG]

:stare:

Is it just me or does Perkins want to cook me?

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

wow i can't believe perkins promotes actual literal cannibalism...

• Agree x 3
  18. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Reminds me of my college’s dining hall website FAQ, which says:

[...] - Do you employ freshmen?
    Yes! Our secret ingredient [...]

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  19. jacktrash

it’s because you’re so sweet

• Winner x 1
  20. rainbowbarnacle

d'aaaaaw X)

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice